swear (verb) · swears (third person present) · swore (past tense) · swearing (present participle) · sworn (past participle)
1. Swear definition is - to utter or take solemnly (an oath)
2. How to use Swear in a sentence.
3. Swore (swôr), sworn (swôrn), Swear·ing, Swears v.intr
4. Swear definition, to make a solemn declaration or affirmation by some sacred being or object, as a deity or the Bible
5. Find 45 ways to say Swear, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
6. 21 synonyms of Swear from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 43 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Swear: to use offensive or indecent language.
8. The Crossword Solver found 58 answers to the Swear crossword clue
9. You're watching the official music video for All-4-One - "I Swear" from the album 'All-4-One' (1994)
10. Clearly, there is a smaller group of "incorrigible" children who Swear
11. These youngsters may be more prone to Swear and rage at other people–a different phenomenon than using a few Swear …
12. We found 12 answers for “Swear”
13. This page shows answers to the clue Swear, followed by 5 definitions like “To give evidence on oath”, “Make a deposition” and “Ofetn followed by in or into”.Synonyms for Swear are for example assert, be determined and declare.More …
14. Swear verb conjugation to all tenses, modes and persons
15. Search the definition and the translation in context for “ Swear ”, with examples of use extracted from real-life communication
16. Similar English verbs: tear , wear , unSwear
17. Swear an oath v expr verbal expression: Phrase with special meaning functioning as verb--for example, "put their heads together," "come to an end." (make a solemn promise, vow) hacer un juramento loc verb locución verbal : Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como verbo ("sacar fuerzas de flaqueza", "acusar recibo").
18. I Swear is also popularly used in informal contexts to emphasize a particular point, as in “I Swear, David Bowie is the most beautiful man to have ever lived.” I Swear is often expanded in this tone to I Swear to God.
19. A Swear word is a word or phrase that's generally considered blasphemous, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive
20. The act of using a Swear word is known as Swearing or cursing.
21. The silly putty of the English language, our most malleable Swear word can refer to sex, rage, confusion, excitement and a whole lot more
22. Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day! Swear in To administer an oath to someone as part of the official process of taking public office
23. A noun or pronoun can be used between "Swear" and "in." The current president was sworn in after his predecessor died of a sudden heart attack
24. Swear by (someone or something) 1
25. SwearBy wants you to buy only awesome things
26. Swear like a trooper v expr verbal expression: Phrase with special meaning functioning as verb--for example, "put their heads together," "come to an end." UK, informal (habitually use obscene language) jurer comme un charretier loc v locution verbale: groupe de mots fonctionnant comme un verbe.
27. ‘Do you Swear the testimony you're about to give before this subcommittee is the truth, the whole truth and nothing about the truth, so help you God?’ ‘In future, all directors will have to Swear a statement that they are satisfied that the company has obeyed all reporting and auditing regulations.’
28. I Swear Lyrics: I see the questions in your eyes / I know what's weighing on your mind / But you can be sure I know my part / 'Cause I'll stand beside you through the years / You'll only cry those
29. Swear It Again Lyrics: I wanna know / Who ever told you I was letting go / Of the only joy that I have ever known / Girl, they were lying / Just look around / And all of the people that we used to
30. "I Swear" is a song written by Gary Baker and Frank J
31. "Swear" received mixed reviews from critics
32. The site's consensus reads: "Although its focus on a secondary character often leaves "Swear" feeling like a diversion, the discovery - and impending danger - of a new community is a refreshing development."
33. Synonyms for Swear in Free Thesaurus
34. 82 synonyms for Swear: curse, cuss, blaspheme, turn the air blue, be foul-mouthed, take the Lord's name in vain, utter profanities, imprecate, vow, promise
35. Find 22 ways to say Swear WORD, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
36. Swear translate: 使用粗话, 诅咒，咒骂, 允诺, 发（誓）；宣（誓）
37. Offering history and etymology along with guidance, quips, insults, answers to lingering questions, and much more, How to Swear celebrates the rude ingenuity of using a naughty word to express surprise, excitement, anger, joy, or disgust, limited only by the imagination
38. Swear on something Witnesses were required to Swear on the Bible
39. Swear that… Are you willing to stand up in court and Swear that you don't recognize him? Swear to do something Remember, you have sworn to tell the truth
40. Swear something Barons had to Swear an oath of allegiance to the king
41. I Swear by Almighty God to tell the truth.
42. Provided to YouTube by Atlantic RecordsI Swear · All-4-OneAll-4-One℗ 1994 Atlantic Recording Corporation for the United States and WEA International Inc
43. Swear is an exclusively made to order brand, operating on made to order principle
44. Swear (v.) Old English swerian "take an oath" (class VI strong verb; past tense swor, past participle sworen), from Proto-Germanic *swērjanan (source also of Old Saxon swerian, Old Frisian swera, Old Norse sverja, Danish sverge, Middle Dutch swaren, Old High German swerien, German schwören, Gothic swaren "to Swear"), of uncertain origin, perhaps from a PIE *swer-"to speak, talk, say" (source
45. Nina Malkin is the author of five YA novels, including Swoon and Swear, one novella, and an adult memoir.She’s also an award-winning journalist specializing in pop culture and lifestyles, whose work has appeared in The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, Real Simple, and numerous other publications.Nina lives in her native Brooklyn with her musician husband and assorted felines.
46. See 15 authoritative translations of Swear in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
47. I Swear by the moon and the star in the sky And I Swear like the shadow that's by your side
48. Swear by Nina Malkin, the only reason I read this book was that Antonia read it as well as the first, which I did not care for, and she informed me that the second is better than the first
2 : to make a statement or promise with sincerity or under oath : vow I swear to tell the truth. 3 : to give an oath to The witness was sworn. 4 : to bind by an oath He swore them to secrecy.
swear. (swâr) v. swore (swôr), sworn (swôrn), swear·ing, swears. v.intr. 1. To make a solemn declaration, invoking a deity or a sacred person or thing, in confirmation of and witness to the honesty or truth of such a declaration. 2.
Kids Definition of swear. 1 : to use bad or vulgar language : curse. 2 : to make a statement or promise with sincerity or under oath : vow I swear to tell the truth.
As nouns the difference between swear and curse. is that swear is a swearword while curse is a supernatural detriment or hindrance; a bane.