steer (verb) · steers (third person present) · steered (past tense) · steered (past participle) · steering (present participle)
steer (noun) · steers (plural noun)
1. Steer definition is - a male bovine animal and especially a domestic ox (Bos taurus) castrated before sexual maturity
2. Steer definition, to guide the course of (something in motion) by a rudder, helm, wheel, etc.: to Steer a bicycle
3. Steer, also called bullock, young neutered male cattle primarily raised for beef
4. In the terminology used to describe the sex and age of cattle, the male is first a bull calf and if left intact becomes a bull; if castrated he becomes a Steer and about two or three years grows to an ox.
5. By Steer January 7, 2021 By Stephanie Moreno, Executive Director, South Texas Energy and Economic Roundtable As we close the doors on a year dominated by the global pandemic, we move into a legislative session…
6. Steer is a hassle-free, monthly electric car subscription service with no commitment, and you can swap your vehicle each month to always have the right car.
7. Working across cities, infrastructure and transportation, Steer is a global business consultancy providing clients with a commercial and competitive edge.
8. Steer: A Steer is a male animal that has been neutered
9. Steer platforms are a combination of high-performance technology, design thinking and advanced engineering
10. Steer is a no-code app builder platform designed to improve customer experience through intelligent automation
11. The heaviest Steer was eight-year-old 'Old Ben', a Shorthorn/ Hereford cross weighing in at 2,140 kg (4,720 lb) in 1910
12. Steer Creek (West Virginia), a tributary of the Little Kanawha River in central West Virginia in the United States Steer Island, a former bar island in Summers County, West Virginia Steer Stadium, a baseball park located in Graham, Texas
13. Steer coxswain - Originally a servant (swain) whose job it was to Steer a boat (cock or cockboat)
14. Govern - From Greek kubernan, "to Steer." con - To con a ship is to Steer it; to con is also "to learn by heart or study attentively."
15. Find 26 ways to say Steer, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
16. Synonyms & Antonyms of Steer 1 to point out the way for (someone) especially from a position in front the man in the train station was able to Steer us in the right direction
17. Steer is a hassle-free car subscription for electric and hybrid cars
18. For one monthly all-inclusive price, you can drive a variety of cars including Teslas, Porsches, Audis and more with insurance, maintenance, and roadside assistance covered! With Steer, your decision is …
19. Steer noun [C] (MALE COW) a young male of the cattle family that has had its sex organs removed and that is usually raised for meat (Definition of Steer from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press) Steer …
20. Steer In Trailer Sales is located in Three Forks, Montana.We are a large horse, stock, utility, flatbed and cargo trailer dealership handling Titan, Logan Coach, Haulmark, Trailswest, Wilson, Charmac, Big Tex, and Look Trailers for sale.
21. The Steer Dug's Dive Catering Employment Shared Bites Online Ordering
22. Home Lake Effect The Steer Dug's Dive Catering Employment Shared Bites
23. Welcome to The Historic Steer In Diner! We are Indianapolis' #1 East Side Tradition since 1960! We offer Carry-Out, Delivery, and Catering
24. Steer - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
25. Become an authorized Steer smarts dealer
26. We have authorized Steer Smarts dealers throughout the United States but are always looking to find more highly motivated, informed, and qualified shops to add to our team to help make sure our products are available for purchase and install in every market.
27. Welcome to Steer Planet, an Online Community and Directory for the Cattle Enthusiast
28. With over 17,000 members and 390,000 posts in 45,000 topics, Steer Planet is the Premier Cattle Forum.
29. After 40 years, we have changed our name from Steer Davies Gleave to mark our growing international footprint and our expanding portfolio into sectors beyond transport
30. Explore our new website to learn more about Steer: …
31. Working across cities, infrastructure and transport, Steer is a global business consultancy providing clients with a commercial and competitive edge.
32. Steer clear comprises the verb Steer, meaning to navigate, and clear, and adverb that means at a safe distance
33. Thus, taken literally, Steer clear means to navigate to a place of safety
34. Steer, of course, can also be a noun that refers to male cattle
35. This meaning is unrelated to the expression Steer clear.
36. Whether you’re acquiring your first machine or adding to a fleet, there’s a John Deere Skid Steer that’s all-in for you
37. With weights ranging from 2680 kg (5,905 lb.) to our largest skid Steer weighing 4495 kg (9,900 lb.), don’t let their size fool you.
38. Steer is the UK Ed Tech company which has become the Gold Standard provider in proactive, targeted, evidence-based pastoral care
39. Steer launched AS Tracking in 2013 after 10 years of research
40. If a vehicle Steers, it follows a particular route or direction.
41. Applications for our Steer UK Graduate Scheme are currently closed
42. Steer Economic Development Graduate Scheme
43. If you’re interested in the idea of helping clients to develop and regenerate places, sectors and markets through economic development, then a graduate role at our sister company, Steer Economic Development, might be the right place for you.
44. Save time and money by using a skid Steer loader to shoulder the weight of time-consuming, labor-intensive tasks
45. Steer 11,433 followers on LinkedIn
46. ‘In trying to Steer a course between education and entertainment, the show ends up becalmed, devoid of the giddy momentum that insight or cheap thrills would provide.’ ‘It is the possibility of failure that forces a mass-market broadcasting organization to Steer a straight course.’
47. Texas Steer Men's Kyser2 Sand Steel Toe Tan Work Boot
48. Texas Steer Men's Soft Toe Nubuck Leather Work Boots - 6", Rubber Sole, Goodyear Welt, 00094 Judd
49. From our beginnings as Customs Brokers to our development into a world-class, full-service logistics company, Steer's reputation has been built on the values that foster success in international trade and transportation--honesty, urgency, experience, integrity
50. (by means of a device such as a rudder, paddle, or Steering wheel)
51. The boat Steered towards the iceberg
52. I Steered homeward.· (transitive) To guide the course of a vessel, vehicle, aircraft etc
53. After 40 years, we have changed our name from Steer Davies Gleave to mark our growing international footprint and our expanding portfolio into markets beyond transportation.
54. Find top rated Skid Steer Attachments for your Skid Steer Loader
55. The best thing about your Skid Steer is it's versatility, and the ability to change from one useful attachment to the next
56. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Steer Steer 1 / stɪə $ stɪr / verb 1 car/boat etc [intransitive, transitive] DIRECTION to control the direction a vehicle is going, for example by turning a wheel He was Steering with only one hand
57. Steer for/towards etc Steer towards the left
58. A bum Steer Poor, inaccurate, or misleading information or advice
59. My advisor really gave me a bum Steer when she pushed me to take this class that I'm currently failing
60. I did my own research to confirm that my doctor wasn't giving me a bum Steer when she suggested this procedure
61. See also: bum, Steer follow a middle course To compromise between two
62. Find out more about skid Steer and compact track loaders from Cat®
63. Designed and built for maximum performance and safety, our skid Steer and compact track loaders provide customers with versatility, efficiency and reliability.
64. Steer definition: When you Steer a car , boat , or plane , you control it so that it goes in the direction Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
65. In defining Steer, I would Steer clear of complicated examples and just say: to Steer is to control which direction one is going.
66. HORSESHOE 10-16.5 14 Ply Skid Steer Loader Tubeless Tire w/Rim Guard Heavy Duty G Load 10x16.5 NHS SKS1 L2/G2 T168
67. Show Steer face mask washable, 4H face mask kids, cow show mom face mask FFA face covering, back to school mask for cattle rancher gift idea KrysTees
68. The Steer family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920
69. The most Steer families were found in the UK in 1891
70. In 1840 there were 25 Steer families living in Pennsylvania
71. This was about 37% of all the recorded Steer's in the USA
72. Pennsylvania had the highest population of Steer families in 1840.
English Language Learners Definition of steer. : to control the direction in which something (such as a ship, car, or airplane) moves. —used to describe how easy or difficult it is to steer a vehicle. : to be moved or guided in a particular direction or along a particular course.
steering - the act of setting and holding a course; "a new council was installed under the direction of the king". guidance, direction. driving - the act of controlling and steering the movement of a vehicle or animal. control - the activity of managing or exerting control over something; "the control of the mob by the police was admirable".
guide, steer(verb) be a guiding or motivating force or drive. "The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses". Synonyms: lead, manoeuver, maneuver, channelise, head, draw, guide, direct, guide on, channelize, run, take, pass, conduct, steer, point, manoeuvre.
The plural form of steer is steers.