PROLIX [prōˈliks, ˈprōliks]
1. Of those words, Prolix is the one most likely to suggest unreasonable and tedious dwelling on details
2. It derives from Prolixus, a Latin term meaning "extended" or "copious." Prolixus originated from a combination of the prefix pro- (which means "forward") and the past participle of …
3. Prolix Lubricant from Christopher Swainhart on Vimeo (July 2019) Designed for Firearms..
4. Using too many words and therefore boring or difficult to read or listen to: The author's Prolix style has done nothing to encourage sales of the book.
5. Some common synonyms of Prolix are diffuse, verbose, and wordy
6. While all these words mean "using more words than necessary to express thought," Prolix suggests unreasonable and tedious dwelling on details
7. Habitually transformed brief anecdotes into Prolix sagas When might …
8. 56 rows · Prolix® staff are now using these NEW Triangle™ Patches, too! $ 7.99 1821 PrO SYN …
9. Welcome to Prolix International Trading LLC
10. Prolix is your ultimate source of food & beverage providers based in U.A.E
11. Prolix total gun care product is a proprietary cleaner, lubricant, and preservative that can replace both traditional powder solvent and gun oil
12. I use Prolix on all of my handguns
13. The Republican platform was not Prolix or very specific, but on general principles it took a positive stand
14. BEARD He says I brought my afflictions on myself by writing too Prolix letters several hours a day
15. Prolix synonyms, Prolix pronunciation, Prolix translation, English dictionary definition of Prolix. adj
16. Tediously prolonged; wordy: editing a Prolix manuscript
17. Prolix is a penetrating solvent that has been developed over many years, used in industry, and rated the safest, most effective agent
18. ProlixIN (fluphenazine) is a trifluoromethyl phenothiazine derivative intended for the management of schizophrenia
19. Prolix Total Gun Care Solvent with Pro Trigger Sprayer, 16 oz $29.99 Pro Shot.270-.38 Caliber 2-Inch RD
20. Find patient medical information for Prolixin oral on WebMD including its uses, side effects and safety, interactions, pictures, warnings and user ratings.
21. Burns was an accomplished practitioner of quadruple-speak, the Prolix art of sounding profound and saying nothing at great length
22. On the contrary, the raw and Prolix language of his novels is unabashedly unpoetic and polemical
23. In any ease, my colleagues writing in the same field, whether terse or Prolix, are incredibly difficult.
24. What does Prolix mean? The definition of Prolix is someone or something that is too wordy
25. (adjective) An example of something Prolix is a long
26. Late Middle English from Old French Prolixe or Latin Prolixus ‘poured forth, extended’, from pro- ‘outward’ + liquere ‘be liquid’.
27. Profile: Prolix will be a familiar name to most hardened Drum and Bass heads, with a back catalogue that has seen releases on some of the most prolific and respected labels in the industry such as RAM, Playaz & Ganja Tek, VISION, Shogun, Blackout, Renegade Hardware, Metalheadz, Viper, Virus and more recently WSLA/MTA.
28. All the stats, form and information about race horse - Prolix available at RACING.COM – The first destination for Australian Horse Racing.
29. We found 9 answers for “Prolix”
30. This page shows answers to the clue Prolix, followed by 8 definitions like “Long, stretching.”, “Long-winded; garrulous” and “Extending to a great length ”.
31. As his reputation has grown, Prolix has found himself collaborating with an array of top artists from across the genre such as Noisia, Misanthrop, and Icicle, as well as remixing the likes of Chase and Status, Ed Rush and Optical, and Black Sun Empire.
32. “Prolix” in Gran Diccionari de la Llengua Catalana, Grup Enciclopèdia Catalana
33. “Prolix” in Diccionari normatiu valencià, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua
34. “Prolix” in Diccionari català-valencià-balear, Antoni Maria Alcover and Francesc de Borja Moll, 1962.
35. Prolix definition: (of a speech, book, etc) so long as to be boring ; verbose Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
36. The Prolix speaker did not realize most of the audience members were confused by the large words he used
37. 🔊 When the expert witness explained the forensic evidence, he used Prolix language that left most of the jury puzzled
38. 🔊 John’s reading skills are so poor there is no way he could read a Prolix …
39. Prolix is a palatable, protein enriched molasses based liquid supplement for beef and dairy cattle containing a balanced profile of essential minerals and vitamins with the added benefits of consumption control, safety and convenience.
40. The madman Prolix hits the decks for the Friction’s show and delivers what has to be the nastiest DNB60 in months
41. Prolix (adj.) early 15c., of writing, etc., "lengthy, protracted, long and wordy," from Old French Prolixe (13c.) and directly from Latin Prolixus "extended, stretched out" (of hair, tails, etc., in Late Latin of speech), etymologically "poured out," from pro "forth" (see pro-) + base of liquere "to flow" (see liquid (adj.)).
42. Since then, Prolix' production has gone from strength tostrength, securing radio support from BBC 1Xtra’s Bailey, Friction and Mary Ann Hobbs.One of his most seminal releases to date was the immensely popular True Born Playa/ Got to Roll, a collaboration with Gridlok and the legendary MC Fats which soared to the top of thedownload charts and
43. Prolix, currently under development, is a vocabulary-building tool that allows users to easily add, manipulate, and test vocabulary words stored in a CSV database.
44. Prolixr emobodies the perfect balance of formula savvy and playfulness to inspire a love for skincare
45. Prolix - Waiting [Trendkill Records]Selected By Mandra-XBuy Here: https://www.beatport.com/release/pushed/3291359Connect with Mandra-X:FB: https://bit.ly/2p4
46. For slide contact areas and BCGs, I recommend Prolix Xtra-T, which is the Prolix version of gun grease
47. The Prolix Tower is described as being the First of the Six Walking Ways, or ‘the ways to reach heaven by violence’
48. Definition of Prolix adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
49. The latest tweets from @Prolix19
50. Prolix will be a familiar name to most hardened Drum and Bass heads, with a back catalogue that has seen releases on some of the most prolific and respected labels in the industry such as Playaz Recordings, Metalheadz, Commercial Suicide, Ganja Tek, Project 51 …
51. The opposite of verbosity is plain language.Some teachers, including the author of The Elements of Style, warn against verbosity; similarly Mark Twain and Ernest Hemingway, among others, famously avoid it.Synonyms include wordiness, verbiage, Prolixity
52. Chris McCarthy AKA Prolix is a London-based drum and bass producer, DJ and label boss of Trendkill Records, renowned in the scene for his floor filling, high energy sets and an intense focus on the engineering behind the music
Tediously prolonged; wordy: editing a prolix manuscript. 2. Tending to speak or write at excessive length. See Synonyms at wordy. [Middle English, from Old French prolixe, from Latin prōlixus, poured forth, extended .] pro·lix′i·ty (-lĭk′sĭ-tē) n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
Some common synonyms of prolix are diffuse, verbose, and wordy. While all these words mean "using more words than necessary to express thought," prolix suggests unreasonable and tedious dwelling on details. When might diffuse be a better fit than prolix? The words diffuse and prolix are synonyms, but do differ in nuance.
adj. 1. Tediously prolonged; wordy: editing a prolix manuscript. 2. Tending to speak or write at excessive length. See Synonyms at wordy. 1. (of a speech, book, etc) so long as to be boring; verbose 2. indulging in prolix speech or writing; long-winded 1. extended to unnecessary or tedious length; long and wordy.
Wordplay Bradlee could be prolix or pithy, as suited his ends. He expands the same image, and loses all likeness in a prolix simile, for his readers were not so impatient as ourselves. Not to be prolix on this subject—let us remember one capital illustration—that of the clown and his two pieces of fireworks.