1. Pretentious definition is - characterized by pretension: such as
2. How to use Pretentious in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Pretentious.
4. Pretentious definition, characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a Pretentious, self-important waiter
5. Claiming that or behaving as if one is important or deserving of merit when such is not the case: a Pretentious socialite
6. The words ostentatious and showy are common synonyms of Pretentious. While all three words mean "given to excessive outward display," Pretentious implies an appearance of importance not justified by the thing's value or the person's standing
7. A Pretentious parade of hard words When might ostentatious be a better fit than Pretentious?
8. You might not be surprised to learn that Pretentious is related to the word pretend, and it is an adjective that fits the bill for describing someone who's only concerned with making an impressive appearance
9. If you don't want to be accused of being Pretentious, …
10. / prɪˈten.ʃəs / trying to appear or sound more important or clever than you are, especially in matters of art and literature: a Pretentious art critic The novel deals with grand themes, but is never heavy or …
11. With costers and bargemen one can always get on familiarly: it is the Pretentious, vulgar men and females who are horrible
12. THE CHEQUERS JAMES RUNCIMAN An affected and Pretentious woman is all deportment and words; a sensible woman shows her sense by her behaviour
13. A) "Pretentious" can be a useful phrase to describe something that is fake or pretend, or somebody who is pretending in order to conform
14. The Crossword Solver found 151 answers to the Pretentious crossword clue
15. Unlike fancy clothes, Pretentious talk is likely to alienate people, not earn their admiration
16. The definition of Pretentious is someone or something that claims to be very important or grand
17. An example of Pretentious is someone saying they deserve a table in a crowded restaurant because of …
18. Pretentious films, "arty films," and " hipster movies " often get lumped together, but there definitely is a difference
19. Whether the movie is Pretentious or not depends on your opinion
20. In fact, it just makes us seem Pretentious.The assumption is that if you use long and complicated words, then you must be intelligent because only smart people would know those words, right?
21. We found 32 answers for “Pretentious”. This page shows answers to the clue Pretentious, followed by 5 definitions like “ Full of pretense or pretension ”, “ Making an exaggerated outward show ” and “ Characterized by assumption of dignity or importance ”
22. Synonyms for Pretentious are for example affected, artificial and brazen.
23. The 24 Most Pretentious Things Ever
24. 'Pretentious' is a 11 letter word starting with P and ending with S Crossword clues for 'Pretentious' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Pretentious We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Pretentious will help you to finish your crossword today.
25. If you say that someone or something is Pretentious, you mean that they try to seem important or significant, but you do not think that they are
26. His response was full of Pretentious nonsense
27. American English: Pretentious / prɪˈtɛnʃəs /
28. In actuality, Pretentious behavior is an important learning rubric for behavior and character formation
29. The word "Pretentious" conjures a certain image
30. Examples from Classical Literature Let no one rashly pronounce me a coxcomb, vain and Pretentious, for all this
31. A Pretentious mirror in a tarnished gilt frame was the piece de resistance
32. And Marion delivered this speech with a most oracular and Pretentious tone.
33. Claiming that or behaving as if one is important or deserving of merit when such is not the case: a Pretentious socialite
34. Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority: made Pretentious remarks about his education
35. Marked by an extravagant or presumptuous outward show; ostentatious: a Pretentious
36. If you have been called Pretentious, people probably think you are arrogant, a know-it-all, smug, or superior
37. So: A) "Pretentious" can be a useful phrase to describe something that is fake or pretend, or somebody who is pretending in order to conform
38. Pretentious adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (intended to impress) pretenzioso agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse"
39. Pretentious Game 4: Pretentious Game 4 Pretentious Game 4 is a puzzle platformer more stuffy than us when the pollen count is high
40. His response was full of Pretentious nonsense
41. He spouts a load of Pretentious nonsense and people are stupid enough to believe him! 3
42. Most of the poems were Pretentious dross
43. Elton John himself never seems Pretentious but Bernie Taupin's lyrics often do - sometimes Pretentious in a clever sort of way, but Pretentious nonetheless
44. Pretentious - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
45. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Pretentious adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (person: trying to impress)
46. ‘the Pretentious jargon of wine experts’ ‘Enough of this pseudo-intellectual posturing, these Pretentious literary musings!’ ‘What you want to do if you actually fancy being a Pretentious …
47. Pretentious 'Pretentious' is a 11 letter word starting with P and ending with S Crossword clues for 'Pretentious'
48. Pretentious definition: making claim to or creating an appearance of (often undeserved) importance or distinction synonyms: grandiloquent, hifalutin
49. Facebook Habits People Pretentious Starbucks
50. Find 56 ways to say Pretentious, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
51. Pretentious (comparative more Pretentious, superlative most Pretentious) Intended to impress others; ostentatious
52. Her dress was obviously more Pretentious than comfortable
53. Their song titles are Pretentious in the context of their basic lyrics.
54. Pretentious definition: If you say that someone or something is Pretentious , you mean that they try to seem Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
55. See 3 authoritative translations of Pretentious in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
56. Pretentious Drunks (PD) is a Hardcore Casual (Mythic) raiding guild which was formed during Battle of Azeroth.
57. For Pretentious people,they are highly overdosed on “the glass half full” mentality
58. Pretentious people always have a …
59. ‘Sadly, it comes across more as a Pretentious attempt to buy the world a coke.’ ‘It's pleasingly literary without being Pretentious; plot is in no way sacrificed to prose.’ ‘Apparently, the language used by wine writers is too flowery and Pretentious.’ ‘Is it just Pretentious rhetoric that I …
60. Pretentious Game 3: Jeeves, solve this puzzle for me! My hands are covered in caviar s'mores! That's what really important people eat, right? Pretentious Game 3 is more than just an important person
61. Examples of Pretentious in a sentence
62. The swindler was a Pretentious man who claimed to be descended from royalty
63. 🔊 Because the weight loss product seemed fake and Pretentious to me, I decided to buy an alternative item
64. 🔊 Even though Jake was a millionaire, he avoided hanging out with Pretentious people who liked to flaunt their wealth
65. Pretentious Glasses(4PC), Craft Beer Glassware(4PC), THE, Subtle, JuicyY, Big Sexy and Sequel Pretentiousglass $ 144.00 FREE shipping Add to Favorites Pretentious Beer Glasses, Craft Beer Glassware, THE, Subtle, JuicyY, Big Sexy and Sequel DadaTaozhi $ 36.00 FREE
66. (shelved 3 times as Pretentious) avg rating 3.58 — 1,524,832 ratings — published 2006 Want to Read saving…
67. Pretentious Latin phrases are everywhere in Virtue's Last Reward, and Phi is the only character fluent in it, which means Sigma can only understand what they mean if he's teamed up with her when he comes across one
68. Pretentious Pie Co., Naples, Maine
69. Pretentious Glasses(4PC), Craft Beer Glassware(4PC), THE, Subtle, JuicyY, Big Sexy and Sequel Pretentiousglass $ 144.00 FREE shipping Add to Favorites Pine Tree Forest Pint Glass - Pint Mug - Beer Mug - Forest Glassware Beer Lover Gift - Nature Glasses Set of Two 16 oz