1. Preposterous definition is - contrary to nature, reason, or common sense : absurd
2. How to use Preposterous in a sentence.
3. Preposterous definition, completely contrary to nature, reason, or common sense; utterly foolish; absurd; senseless: a Preposterous tale
4. Preposterous: See: excessive , exorbitant , impossible , inappropriate , incredible , inept , inordinate , irrational , ludicrous , outrageous , prohibitive
5. Find 57 ways to say Preposterous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
6. The Crossword Solver found 98 answers to the Preposterous crossword clue
7. 'Preposterous' is a 12 letter word starting with P and ending with S Crossword clues for 'Preposterous' Clue Answer; Utterly absurd (12) Preposterous: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Preposterous We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Preposterous will help you to finish your crossword today
8. 64 synonyms of Preposterous from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 142 related words, definitions, and antonyms
9. Find another word for Preposterous
10. Preposterous: conceived or made without regard for reason or reality
11. By breaking Preposterous into its constituent parts it becomes clear that its meaning can be read quite literally, that is, it describes something in which the 'pre' (front) has become the 'post' (rear)
12. So, 'Preposterous' things or, more usually animals, were those which were contrary to nature; having their parts in the wrong order.
13. Preposterous (adj.) 1540s, "contrary to nature, reason, or common sense," from Latin praeposterus "absurd, contrary to nature, inverted, perverted, in reverse order," literally "before-behind" (compare topsy-turvy, cart before the horse), from prae "before" (see pre-) + posterus "subsequent, coming after," from post "after" (see post-).
14. Preposterous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (absurd) absurde, grotesque, ridicule adj adjectif : modifie un nom
15. What does Preposterous mean? The definition of Preposterous is something that is absurd or ridiculous
16. (adjective) An example of a Preposterous idea
17. Preposterous is Oscar's puppy who appeared on Sesame Street from season 20 through season 25
18. Preposterous just lies around and doesn't do anything; he doesn't like to bark or play
19. Preposterous - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
20. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Preposterous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (absurd) absurdo/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
21. The movie’s Preposterous ending included a six-year-old serial killer who got rid of people by giving them poisoned candy
22. 🔊 Although I normally adore John Smith’s novels, I am turned off by the Preposterous storyline of the author’s latest book
23. 🔊 It is Preposterous to assume you can pass a college entrance test without studying
24. Preposterous definition: If you describe something as Preposterous , you mean that it is extremely unreasonable Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
25. Synonyms for Preposterous include absurd, ridiculous, foolish, crazy, ludicrous, asinine, laughable, nonsensical, outrageous and senseless
26. Preposterous 'Preposterous' is a 12 letter word starting with P and ending with S Crossword clues for 'Preposterous' Clue Answer; If you have a moment, please use the voting buttons (green and red arrows) near the top of the page to let us know if we're helping with this clue
27. That is a Preposterous accusation! 2
28. The whole idea was Preposterous
29. That's a Preposterous excuse! 4
30. They are asking a Preposterous price for the work
31. The very idea is Preposterous! 6
32. Synonyms for Preposterous in Free Thesaurus
33. 65 synonyms for Preposterous: ridiculous, bizarre, incredible, outrageous, shocking
34. Most Preposterous is the concept of rapid introgression of Mojave toxin genes from Mojave rattlers into timber rattlers
35. Clearly, the notion of reading everything ever written is now entirely Preposterous
36. John found their boundedness and self-sufficiency funny, Preposterous,
37. Preposterous meaning, definition, what is Preposterous: completely unreasonable or silly: Learn more.
38. Preposterous translate: absurdo, ridículo, absurdo, grotesco, caricaturesco, ridículo
39. ‘So Preposterous seemed the suggestion, a stifled laugh was as much as I could offer by way of a response.’ ‘Among the other Preposterous suggestions was the idea of building a structure a mile high.’ ‘Various reasons had been given, all of them Preposterous, he said.’
40. What is the definition of Preposterous? What is the meaning of Preposterous? How do you use Preposterous in a sentence? What are synonyms for Preposterous?
41. What is the opposite of Preposterous? Antonyms for Preposterous (opposite of Preposterous).
42. “Of all the Preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.” ― Herman Melville tags: criticism, poverty
43. The Preposterous altruism too! If a man takes your coat, give him your cloak
44. Translation for 'Preposterous' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
45. As adjectives the difference between Preposterous and ridiculous is that Preposterous is absurd, or contrary to common sense while ridiculous is deserving of ridicule; foolish; absurd.
46. See 2 authoritative translations of Preposterous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
47. 2/ The Gohmert reply is breathtaking & Preposterous in claiming (p4) a Vice President can "ignore all electors" whose votes he dislikes
48. For all the Preposterous hat and the vacuous face, there was something noble in the simple faith of our visitor which compelled our respect
49. (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) It struck me as Preposterous in London, but I'm bound to say that it seems even more so upon closer acquaintance
50. Find 57 ways to say Preposterous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
51. Definition of Preposterous adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
52. Definition of Preposterous in the Definitions.net dictionary
53. What does Preposterous mean? Information and translations of Preposterous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
54. Preposterous is a new, online, interactive, video Bible Study for youth and young adults
55. Preposterous Pets Official Site
56. Stream Preposterous Pets FREE with Your TV Subscription!
57. Preposterous is an online, interactive, video, Bible study for youth and young adults
58. Even worse, they've discovered alternate versions of themselves--Evil George and Evil Harold--who plan to unleash some Preposterous plans on Piqua, Ohio
59. Preposterous Nikes made out of ostrich And the cross stitching is a cross mixing Of a rhinoceros, possum skin, giraffe and a dolphin Fin Dockers, OshKoshes, Shady XV
60. Up shortly thereafter, hungover No underwear, grasping a Bayer Aspirin and dropped it Air Max in my closet, Preposterous Nikes made out of ostrich.
61. Abbott’s Preposterous gamble by Rick Casey March 9, 2021 March 9, 2021
Preposterous definition is - contrary to nature, reason, or common sense : absurd. How to use preposterous in a sentence.
1 conceived or made without regard for reason or reality. the idea that extraterrestrials built the pyramids is preposterous. Synonyms for preposterous. absurd, bizarre, crazy, fanciful, fantastic. (also fantastical),
Use preposterous in a sentence. It is preposterous to believe that Earth is flat. adjective. The definition of preposterous is something that is absurd or ridiculous. An example of a preposterous idea is that the world is flat.
The definition of preposterous is something that is absurd or ridiculous. An example of a preposterous idea is that the world is flat. YourDictionary definition and usage example.