See also: Prepossessing
1. Prepossessing definition is - creating prejudice
2. How to use Prepossessing in a sentence.
3. Adjective that impresses favorably; engaging or attractive: a confident and Prepossessing young man.
4. 1. Serving to impress favorably; pleasing: a Prepossessing appearance
5. Prepossessing Sentence Examples He had regular and Prepossessing features, dark complexion, broad high forehead, prominent cheek bones, grey deep-set eyes, and bushy black hair, turning to grey at the time of his death. …
6. Prepossessing: 1 adj creating a favorable impression “strong and vigorous and of Prepossessing appearance” Synonyms: attractive pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm
7. ‘While not physically Prepossessing and perhaps less obviously glamorous than her contemporaries, she is aging beautifully, and it is a pleasure to see her work.’ ‘He is physically Prepossessing, with a ‘massive build’ simmering with ‘tremendous, dormant strength’.’
8. The half-pay captain Our curate is a young gentleman of such Prepossessing appearance, and fascinating manners, that within one month after his first appearance in the parish, half the young-lady inhabitants were melancholy with religion, and the other half, desponding with love.; 1852, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Uncle Tom's …
9. Clara Lawton was twenty-two years of age, Prepossessing in appearance, with a bright, happy expression. A CALIFORNIA GIRL EDWARD ELDRIDGE To the physiognomist this Ivondwe was a remarkably Prepossessing native—rather handsome in the good-looking style of his race
10. Prepossessing (adj.) 1640s, "causing bias or prejudice, predisposing the mind to favor," present-participle adjective from prepossess
11. • Prepossessing (adjective) Sense 1
12. Context example: strong and vigorous and of Prepossessing appearance
13. Definition of Prepossessing in the Definitions.net dictionary
14. What does Prepossessing mean? Information and translations of Prepossessing in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
15. Prepossessing definition: creating a favourable impression ; attractive Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
16. There was a scar on one cheek, and, altogether, he was not very Prepossessing in his appearance.: Farley was far from Prepossessing either in appearance or words or actions.: They certainly were not a Prepossessing or good-natured acquisition to the party.: His appearance and manner were Prepossessing, and we at once became intimate.: These are planarian worms, and though not of Prepossessing
17. The Pocket Hammerless was a Prepossessing little arm, and it was immediately recognized that it would provide a superlative canvas for some of Colt's artisans
18. Definition of Prepossessing written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
19. Examples of Prepossessing in a sentence The female fans went wild when the Prepossessing actor walked into the theater
20. 🔊 Because the hotel is prepossessing, it is impossible to reserve a room without booking a year in advance
21. 🔊 The restaurant manager hires prepossessing women to work as servers in his popular sports bar
22. UnPrepossessing definition is - not tending to create a favorable impression : not Prepossessing
23. How to use unPrepossessing in a sentence.
24. Definition of Prepossessing adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
25. Prepossessing: Serving to impress favorably; pleasing
26. It seemed incredible, yet it was true; it was proved to be so to me by his pricking his ears and his attentive look at the mention of the word Prepossessing him in relation to the money: Government.
27. See authoritative translations of Prepossessing in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
28. Prepossessing From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Prepossessing pre‧pos‧sess‧ing / ˌpriːpəˈzesɪŋ / adjective formal NICE looking attractive or pleasant a Prepossessing smile Examples from the Corpus Prepossessing • The Intelligence service was even prepared to give young Hans a second look, even though he was not a
29. Synonyms for Prepossessingly in Free Thesaurus
30. 15 synonyms for Prepossessing: attractive, bewitching, enchanting, engaging, enticing
31. Welcome to Prepossessing lives check out blog in menu for our latest content Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
32. Prepossessing - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
33. Translation for 'Prepossessing' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
34. Definition of Prepossessing (adjective): attractive, or impressive
35. Definition and synonyms of Prepossessing from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
36. This is the British English definition of Prepossessing.View American English definition of Prepossessing.
37. Find 32 ways to say Prepossessing, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
38. Prepossessing Sentence Examples He had regular and Prepossessing features, dark complexion, broad high forehead, prominent cheek bones, grey deep-set eyes, and bushy black hair, turning to grey at the time of his death
39. ~ U ~Amiable, generous and liberal-minded, and of Prepossessing exterior, he proved to be a popular prince.
40. Definition of Prepossessing adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
41. He had regular and Prepossessing features, dark complexion, broad high forehead, prominent cheek bones, grey deep-set eyes, and bushy black hair, turning to grey at the time of his death
42. A Prepossessing performer with a beautiful baritone, Murray is tall,(sentencedict.com) blond and Midwestern - looking
43. The Intelligence service was even prepared to give young Hans a second look, even though he was not a Prepossessing sight.
44. Filipino words for Prepossessing include nakatutuwa, nakalulugod, nakasisiya, nakaaakit, kalugud-lugod, kaakit-akit and kasiya-siya
45. Usage examples of "Prepossessing"
46. He looked at Doc Savage, and seemed to approve of what he saw, although Doc, in the guise of Dink Masket, fell far short of being the Prepossessing figure he normally was.
47. As I passed through the gate, I was met by a man of Prepossessing appearance, dressed in the eastern fashion, who offered to shew me all over the palace, saying that I would thus …
48. Related: Prepossessed; Prepossessing.
49. Prepossessing Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Prepossessing in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
50. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Prepossessing in Urdu is دلکش, and in …
51. Prepossessing - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
52. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Prepossessing adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (impressive to others)
53. Prepossessing Sentence Examples He had regular and Prepossessing features, dark complexion, broad high forehead, prominent cheek bones, grey deep-set eyes, and bushy black hair, turning to grey at the time of his death
54. ~ U ~Amiable, generous and liberal-minded, and of Prepossessing exterior, he proved to be a popular prince.
55. Top synonyms for Prepossessing (other words for Prepossessing) are attractive, charming and beautiful.
56. Because you were obsessed with the physically Prepossessing waitresses running around.: Por estares obcecado com a fisicamente atraente empregada que andava por lá.: British historian Peter Green provided a description of Alexander's appearance, based on his review of statues and some ancient documents: Physically, Alexander was not Prepossessing.: O historiador britânico Peter Green
57. Prepossessing Concept, Sango Otta, Ogun, Nigeria
Definition of prepossessing 1 archaic : creating prejudice 2 : tending to create a favorable impression : attractive Examples of prepossessing in a Sentence
English Language Learners Definition of prepossessing somewhat formal : having qualities that people like : appealing or attractive See the full definition for prepossessingin the English Language Learners Dictionary Keep scrolling for more More from Merriam-Webster on prepossessing Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for prepossessing
Examples of prepossessingin a Sentence She lives in one of the least prepossessingparts of the city. First Known Use of prepossessing 1642, in the meaning defined at sense 1 Keep scrolling for more Learn More about prepossessing Share prepossessing Post the Definition of prepossessing to FacebookShare the Definition of prepossessing on Twitter
Although the classical exterior of the church is not prepossessing, the interior is widely admired. This example is from Wikipedia and may be reused under a CC BY-SA license. A more attractive and prepossessing detective would be hard to find. This example is from Wikipedia and may be reused under a CC BY-SA license.