POSTERIOR [päˈstirēər, pōˈstirēər]
1. Posterior is often used as a technical term in biology and medicine to refer to the back side of things, and is the opposite of anterior, which refers to the front side.
2. Posterior definition, situated behind or at the rear of; hinder (opposed to anterior)
3. Synonyms & Antonyms of Posterior (Entry 1 of 2) 1 being at or in the part of something opposite the front part the chapel's Posterior location in the church serves to make it a quiet retreat
4. What does Posterior mean? Posterior is defined as the buttocks
5. (noun) An example of a Posterior is a person's rear.
6. Its anterior portion is slender and thread-like, while the Posterior portion is thicker (Fig
7. A MANUAL OF CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS JAMES CAMPBELL TODD The upper wings are white, with a Posterior broad black subtriangular border, having two or three white spots at the apex.
8. Posterior cortical atrophy is a rare, degenerative brain and nervous system (neurological) syndrome that results in gradually declining vision. Common symptoms include difficulties with reading, judging distances, and recognizing objects and familiar faces.
9. There are four Posterior positions
10. The direct OP is the classic Posterior position with the baby facing straight forward
11. Right Occiput Transverse (ROT) is a common starting position in which the baby has a bit more likelihood of rotating to the Posterior during labor than to the anterior
12. Right Occiput Posterior usually involves a straight back with a lifted chin (in the first-time mother).
13. What most of us commonly refer to as the “backside of our body” actually has an anatomical name: the Posterior chain
14. While the Posterior chain runs from your neck down to …
15. La piscina está en la parte Posterior del hotel the swimming pool is at the back o rear of the hotel
16. Posterior a subsequent to, after
17. Fue un descubrimiento Posterior al de la penicilina it was a discovery made after that of penicillin.
18. Principal Translations: Spanish: English: Posterior adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta")
19. (que va detrás) rear, back adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house.": El escarabajo lleva el motor en la parte Posterior.
20. A Posterior saldrá el tren con destino a Bodega que se encuentra en la parte Posterior o trasera a una escalinata: denominación con aumento de señal en su región Posterior que puede ser secundario a una distensión cualquiera sea Posterior el testamento Posterior la parte Posterior y …
21. When the tissue at the back of your nose in your nasal cavity is damaged and bleeds, it’s called a Posterior nosebleed
22. The Posterior position at birth is associated with a higher risk of short-term complications for the baby, such as lower five-minute Apgar scores, a greater likelihood of needing to be admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and a longer hospital stay.
23. Posterior repair is used to tighten the back (Posterior) wall of the vagina
24. This condition is known as Posterior wall prolapse, rectocele or fallen rectum.
25. A Posterior probability, in Bayesian statistics, is the revised or updated probability of an event occurring after taking into consideration new information
26. The Posterior probability is calculated
27. Posterior definition: Someone's bottom can be referred to as their Posterior
28. Use the adjective Posterior to describe something that's in the back
29. It’s often used in anatomy — a Posterior cerebral artery supplies blood to the back of the brain, and the tail is on the Posterior of a fish.
30. If you see dark specks or flashes of light, it's possible you could have Posterior vitreous detachment (PVD), an eye problem many people have as they age.
31. The Posterior interosseous nerve, also known as the dorsal interosseous nerve, is the continuation of the deep branch of the radial nerve after it penetrates the supinator muscle.It carries fibers from the C7 and C8 spinal nerves, and supplies the majority of the muscles in the Posterior compartment of the forearm.
32. Isolated Posterior MI is less common (3-11% of infarcts)
33. Posterior extension of an inferior or lateral infarct implies a much larger area of myocardial damage, with an increased risk of left ventricular dysfunction and death
34. Isolated Posterior infarction …
35. A Posterior placenta is a placenta attached to the back wall of the uterus
36. The term "Posterior" means "in the back," and is the opposite of anterior, which means "to the front." The position of the placenta depends largely on the location of
37. Synonyms for Posterior in Free Thesaurus
38. 74 synonyms for Posterior: bottom, behind, bum, seat, rear, tail, butt, ass, buns, arse, buttocks
39. The triceps are Posterior to biceps brachii
40. Neodymium:Yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) laser Posterior capsulotomy is the best choice of treatment for compilations associated after ECCE surgery and has more than 95% success rate and is an eminent surgical procedure for PCO which is natural consequence of ECCE surgery.
41. Posterior urethral valves, also called PUVs, is a rare birth defect in boys
42. Boys with Posterior urethral valves have an abnormal fold of tissue in the urethra that blocks urine from flowing out of the bladder
43. Posterior urethral reconstruction is a surgical procedure for males that is sometimes needed after trauma to the urethra
44. The Posterior urethra is the part that goes through the prostate and the external sphincter valve.
45. What is a Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury? A PCL injury is a partial or complete tear of the ligament in the back of your knee
46. Posterior uveitis may be caused by the full spectrum of different possibilities, like infection with viruses, fungi, parasites, autoimmune disease or trauma
47. Treatment of Posterior Uveitis Although this, again, will vary according to the type of Posterior uveitis, there are certain general differences between the treatment of Posterior
48. Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction is a common problem of the foot and ankle
49. It occurs when the Posterior tibial tendon becomes inflamed or torn
50. A Posterior bone-block operation has been used in patients with a deficiency of the Posterior wall of the glenoid or with attenuation of the Posterior capsule
51.  The bone-block procedure is performed by creating an incision between the Posterior and middle deltoids, and infraspinatus muscles, followed by the fixation of an iliac crest bone
52. With an anteroPosterior needle trajectory, the target injection point of a lateral QL block is the anterolateral margin of the QL, and that of a Posterior QL block is the lumbar interfascial triangle (LIFT) on the Posterior surface of the QL [1, 5].
53. Posterior column ataxia with retinitis pigmentosa (MIM 609033) is an autosomal recessive disorder with onset in childhood, concentric contraction of the visual fields, sensory ataxia, areflexia, and proprioceptive loss
54. The Posterior cranial fossa is comprised of three bones: the occipital bone and the two temporal bones