POLIS [ˈpōləs, ˈpōˌlēs]
polis (noun) · poleis (plural noun)
1. Polis definition is - a Greek city-state; broadly : a state or society especially when characterized by a sense of community
2. How to use Polis in a sentence.
3. Polis, plural poleis, ancient Greek city-state
4. Polis said on Tuesday that 77% of those 70 and older have received a first dose of the vaccine
5. Polis Administration Releases New Prescription Drug Report - Assembles More Than 1600 Colorado Leaders to Tackle Prescription Drug Costs
6. Governor Polis Announces Expanded Benefits to Federal Workers Impacted by Shutdown
7. Polis Solutions is a training and research company that develops and implements customized solutions for police, criminal justice, and other government and private organizations designed to improve the safety and outcome of face-to-face interactions in high-stakes situations
8. Shah Alam, 19 Mac 2021 - Pengarah Jabatan Integriti Dan Pematuhan Standard Bukit Aman, CP Dato' Zamri Yahya telah berbesar hati menyampaikan amanat semasa menghadiri Taklimat Pelaksanaan Pelan Antirasuah (PA) PDRM 2020-2024 dan Taklimat Pelaksanaan LDP Pemantapan Integriti Dan Penyeliaan Berkesan yang diadakan di Mes Pegawai Kanan, Ibu Pejabat Polis Kontinjen (IPK) …
9. The live Polis price today is $0.440152 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $1,443.38 USD.
10. Polis is up 1.81% in the last 24 hours
11. Jared Polis speaks during a news conference about the state’s response to the rapid increase in COVID-19 cases, Tuesday, Nov
12. The #1 Best Value of 61 places to stay in Polis
13. #2 Best Value of 61 places to stay in Polis
14. #3 Best Value of 61 places to stay in Polis.
15. 15 hours ago · Polis: Well, it's why we look towards, you know, national policies in scope
16. Practice: State-building: the Greek Polis
17. Polis definition, an ancient Greek city-state
18. Polis said most local health departments are also expected to have infrastructure for vaccine distribution in place by next week
19. Polis is a two-player civ-lite game set in the beginning of the conflict between the two major poleis of the 5th century B.C: Athens and the Delian League against Sparta and the Peloponnesian League.The winner will be the Empire with more population and prestige at the end of the game
20. The Polis (plural, poleis)—also known as a city-state—was the ancient Greek city-state.The word politics comes from this Greek word
21. In the ancient world, the Polis was a nucleus, the central urban area that could also have controlled the surrounding countryside.
22. Polis has stood in front of TV cameras more frequently than maybe any governor in Colorado's history
23. Polis is a real-time system for gathering, analyzing and understanding what large groups of people think in their own words, enabled by advanced statistics and machine learning
24. Polis has been used all over the world by governments, academics, independent media and citizens, and is completely open source.
25. The Polis Project on Ecological Governance is a centre for transdisciplinary research that investigates and promotes sustainability
26. Polis was established in 2000 by the Eco-Research Chair of Environmental Law and Policy at the University of Victoria and and became part of the Centre for Global Studies in 2011
27. Polis fills a unique niche on campus as a place where academic and policy research
28. Polis has outlined a plan for his first 100 days in office that calls for a statewide geographic rating and reconfiguration of rating zones with protections for rural residents who have less access to doctors and higher insurance costs.
29. Polis Institute Press is a publishing house run by the Polis Institute, dedicated to creating content for language learning with the Polis method
30. 8 hours ago · Colorado Democratic Governor Jared Polis joins to discuss the terrible history of mass shootings in his state after the shooting at a Boulder supermarket killed 10 people.March 24, 2021
31. Best Dining in Polis, Paphos District: See 16,642 Tripadvisor traveler reviews of 72 Polis restaurants and search by cuisine, price, location, and more.
32. The Polis, the Greek City-State
33. The story of ancient Greece is also a mountain story: the mountains of Greece favored the development of the quintessentially Greek political entity, the city-state or Polis
34. A Polis was an autonomous community of Greeks
35. Polis and his top deputies huddled in a room at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment headquarters in east Denver
36. Polis: Fight for the Hegemony is a two-player civ-lite game set in the beginning of the conflict between the two major poleis of the 5th century B.C: Athens and the Delian League against Sparta and the Peloponnesian League
37. Polis teaches Koine Greek, the dialect of Hellenistic literature from Alexander the Great till the end of Antiquity and in which most ancient Greek texts were written
38. The first edition of the Polis method has been published in French (Editions du Cerf, 2009), Italian (Edizioni San Paolo, 2010) and German (Helmut Buske, 2011).
39. Polis, 44, became the first openly gay politician to be elected governor in U.S
40. Polis, UITP and EMTA publish joint opinion on EU-wide integrated ticketing
41. Polis is the network of European cities and regions cooperating for innovative transport solutions.
42. Jared Polis’ climate leadership, saying the Democrat — who campaigned in 2018 on a …
43. Jared Polis and his partner, Marlon Reis, have tested positive for COVID-19
44. "Marlon and I are feeling well so far, and are in good spirits," Polis wrote in a Saturday evening
45. Polis also offers online courses for students who cannot come to our campus in Jerusalem
46. There are two academic semesters at Polis's campus in Jerusalem throughout the year - Fall and Spring
47. Jared Polis is governor of Colorado
48. Find 16 ways to say Polis, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
49. Jared Polis has expressed little regret about his administration’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic
50. “We’ve done better than many other states,” Polis argued in a press conference earlier this month
51. Polis era a principal marca do mundo helênico
52. Somadas aos fatos geográficos, teriam sido as circunstâncias históricas, principalmente, que determinaram o nascimento da Polis
53. Jared Polis and several metro-area superintendents spoke at separate news conferences Tuesday to detail a roadmap for returning to in-person learning in spring.
54. Polis (řecky πόλις), plurál: poleis (řecky πόλεις) znamená město, obec nebo městský stát.Slovo představuje typ starověkého řeckého městského státu, který se vyvinul v archaickém období.Jedná se o předchůdce moderního města i státu
55. V starořeckých textech může mít Polis také sekundární význam občanské společnosti, která byla budována v
56. Polis was joined by Colorado Commissioner of Education Katy Anthes and Heath Harmon and Rebecca Holmes, the co-chairs of the back-to-school working group that was created last month with the aim
What Does It Mean To Be A Citizen Of A Polis? October 9, 2018 0 By Felso. One of the most fundamental components of the polis is the citizen; regardless of its level of unity, size, location, or its proximity to effective resources, the actions of its citizens will determine the effectiveness of a polis. On a basic level, Aristotle defines a citizen as "a man who has the right to participate in a legislative or judicial office of that state [...] so the right to deliberate or decide some ...
Definition of polis. (Entry 1 of 2) : a Greek city-state broadly : a state or society especially when characterized by a sense of community.
Synonyms for polis. capital. center. downtown. metropolis. municipality. place. port. apple.
The polis would be across between our word "government" and "culture" since the Greeks held that which we call culture is formed, shaped or controlled by the activities of the citizens of the polis. The polis was a type of force as well as alliance, thanks to it’s strength in numbers.