ploy (noun) · ploys (plural noun)
1. Ploy definition is - escapade, frolic
2. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver: "A typical Ploy is to feign illness, procure medicine, then sell it on the black market" (Jill Smolowe)
3. [Perhaps from emPloy, emPloyment (obsolete).] American Heritage® Dictionary of the …
4. To move (troops) from a line into a column.Compare dePloy.
5. 29 synonyms of Ploy from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 53 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. / plɔɪ / something that is done or said in order to get an advantage, often dishonestly: There are various Ploys we can use if necessary
7. [ + to infinitive ] He only said he had a meeting as a Ploy to get her to …
8. Find 15 ways to say Ploy, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Fat Free; Cholesterol Free; Lactose Free; Sugar Free; High in nutrition and low in calories, one Ploye has less calories than a slice of bread
10. As pancakes, crepes, dumplings, filled with fruit, rolled up, or just plain buttered, Ployes can be eaten with any meal, anytime.
11. DPloy Solutions is a suite of scalable cloud-based digital manufacturing software and IIoT platform solutions designed and priced for small to mid-sized manufacturers and distributors looking to …
12. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver: "A typical Ploy is to feign illness, procure medicine, then sell it on the black market" (Jill Smolowe)
13. [Perhaps from emPloy, emPloyment (obsolete).] American Heritage® Dictionary of the …
14. Book a private online class with Ploy and she will help you craft the perfect culinary experience
15. A Ploy is played by a musician blowing into the mouth of a dried calabash gourd connected to three to five bamboo pipes of differing length
16. Preserving Cambodia's cultural heritage with the Magic Music Bus Producers for the Amazon Prime Video show were last night keeping tight-lipped, refusing to say if it was a cunning Ploy or a practical joke.
17. Ploy (Thai: พลอย) is a 2007 Thai film written and directed by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang
18. Ploy Thai, Brandon: See 111 unbiased reviews of Ploy Thai, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #19 of 292 restaurants in Brandon.
19. Roy, Budd, Hice: HR1 is Pelosi, Schumer's dangerous Ploy to cancel Republicans at the ballot box If you are concerned about voter fraud, the 'For the People Act' will cause you to lose sleep
20. Ploy - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
21. Ploy (n.) 1722, "anything with which one amuses oneself, a harmless frolic," Scottish and northern England dialect, possibly a shortened form of emPloy.Popularized in the sense of "move or gambit made to manipulate others and gain advantage" by British humorist Stephen Potter (1900-1969), who parodied self-help manuals in books such as 1947's "The Theory and Practice of Gamesmanship: Or the
23. Buy products such as Mae Ploy Yellow Curry Paste, Large, 35-Ounce, (3 Pack) Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce, 10 Fl Oz at Walmart and save.
24. Ploy is an abstract strategy board game for two or four players, played on a 9x9 board with a set of 15 pieces (2-handed) or 9 pieces (4-handed and partnership games) per player
25. A Ploy is a way of behaving that someone plans carefully and secretly in order to gain an advantage for themselves
26. Christmas should be a time of excitement and wonder, not a cynical marketing Ploy. [ Also + of] Synonyms: tactic, move, trick, device More Synonyms of Ploy
27. Ploy (third-person singular simple present Ploys, present participle Ploying, simple past and past participle Ployed) To form a column from a line of troops on some designated subdivision
28. ‘This is a clever Ploy to hook the booklovers after giving them the taste of the best of fiction reads.’ ‘If you want to make the most of your money, ignore all marketing Ploys.’ ‘I condemn this Government for its cynical Ploy to try to buy the votes of students.’
29. 71 reviews of Ploy Thai Kitchen "I have eaten at Ploy Thai Kitchen and the food excellent I highly recommend UDon basil and seafood pad Thai Yum yum"
30. Enact a Ploy - English Only forum it's just a marketing strategy (Ploy) - English Only forum Making the unexpected visit seem more like a Ploy - English Only forum Ploy vs ruse - English Only forum
31. It is a common Ploy to get customers to buy more than they need or want
32. Thailand's famous Mae Ploy Brand Sweet Chilli is ideal as a dipping sauce
33. Ploy, Kuala Lumpur: See 197 unbiased reviews of Ploy, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #281 of 5,263 restaurants in Kuala Lumpur.
34. Max threatens to quit, but nobody takes him serious since Beth tells them it's just a Ploy to get her to go out with him
35. Ploy provides a highly reliable, scalable and proactive approach to sourcing IT talent for our customers across Asia Pacific by leveraging social media and marketing
36. ‘This is a clever Ploy to hook the booklovers after giving them the taste of the best of fiction reads.’ ‘If you want to make the most of your money, ignore all marketing Ploys.’ ‘I condemn this Government for its cynical Ploy to try to buy the votes of students.’
37. Check out our website for upcoming shows and merch! www.Ploytracks.com
38. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Ploy on your desktop or mobile device.
39. Definition of Ploy written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
40. Give your recipe an authentic thai touch with this Mae Ploy™ Red Curry Paste
41. What does Ploy mean? A tactic, strategy, or gimmick
42. (noun) The free t-shirt is really a Ploy to get you in the door to see their sales pitch
43. Panic Ploy applies the Panic status effect
44. A Ploy is a way of behaving that someone plans carefully and secretly in order to gain an advantage for themselves
45. Christmas should be a time of excitement and wonder, not a cynical marketing Ploy
46. Synonyms: tactic, move, trick, device More Synonyms of Ploy.
48. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Ploy on your desktop or mobile device.
50. 102k Followers, 313 Following, 56 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from —💌🌻 (@Ploy_jtmmm)
51. Now, in a cynical Ploy to remain relevant, these people are stuck in an endless cycle of continuing to obsess over former President Donald Trump …
52. McConnell's Impeachment Ploy an Attack on the Base
53. “Cancel culture” is just a Republican Ploy to justify oppression & racism