pilfer (verb) · pilfers (third person present) · pilfered (past tense) · pilfered (past participle) · pilfering (present participle)
1. Pilfer is a synonym of steal, but it typically implies a particular kind of stealing. What is Pilfered is usually stolen stealthily—furtively, so that no one will notice—in small amounts and often again and again
2. One might, for example, Pilfer cookies from a cookie jar …
3. See synonyms for: Pilfer / Pilfered / Pilfering / Pilferer on Thesaurus.com verb (used with or without object) to steal, especially in small quantities.
4. Pilfer - Originally, Pilfering was a serious matter, synonymous with plundering, but it came to mean "stealing small things"; its source was Anglo-Norman pelfrer, "plunder, rob." See also related terms for rob
5. How does the verb Pilfer differ from other similar words? Some common synonyms of Pilfer are filch, purloin, and steal. While all these words mean "to take from another without right or without detection," Pilfer implies stealing repeatedly in small amounts
6. To Pilfer a supper, and then have it found in its natural state, after eating it—I confess that that is a most remarkable trick! BROTHER JACQUES (NOVELS OF PAUL DE KOCK, VOLUME XVII) CHARLES PAUL DE KOCK Like the others of this family, they Pilfer their food from the Gulls, and are also very destructive to young birds and eggs.
7. Pilfer An activity enjoyed by meth heads; this includes rummaging and pocketing through someone elses belongings
8. Pilfer This NPC can be found in Antoran Wastes.
9. Pilfer is a Dark-type Melee Move introduced in Loomian Legacy - Veils of Shadow
10. Above are the results of unscrambling Pilfer
11. We found a total of 52 words by unscrambling the letters in Pilfer.
12. To steal things of little value or in small amounts: [ I/T ] Neighborhood kids were Pilfering (candy) from the corner store
13. (Definition of Pilfer from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge …
14. Pilfer, Pilfer [sth] vtr transitive verb: Verb taking a direct object--for example, "Say something." "She found the cat." (steal in small amounts) hurtar⇒ vtr verbo transitivo: Verbo que requiere de un objeto directo ("di la verdad", "encontré una moneda").
15. Pilfer - Originally, Pilfering was a serious matter, synonymous with plundering, but it came to mean "stealing small things"; its source was Anglo-Norman pelfrer, "plunder, rob." See also related terms for rob
16. Pilfer from (someone or something) 1
17. The CEO was caught Pilfering from the company's pension funds.
18. 'Pilfer' is a 6 letter word starting with P and ending with R Crossword clues for 'Pilfer' Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Pilfer We hope that the following list of synonyms …
19. To Pilfer is to steal something, typically of small value
20. Minor thefts, like taking a roll of toilet paper out of a public bathroom or napkins from the Early Bird Buffet are what your grandfather, for example, might Pilfer.
21. Examples of Pilfer in a sentence
22. The maid hoped she could Pilfer her wealthy employer’s jewelry bit by bit so the thievery would go unnoticed
23. 🔊 At night, the hungry orphan would sneak into the kitchen and Pilfer tiny amounts of food
24. 🔊 The inmates often Pilfer utensils from the kitchen to make weapons
25. Pilfer (PIrna cLuster FindER) is a tool to predict clusters in piRNA sequences given their count and the loci
26. Dictionary entry overview: What does Pilfer mean? • Pilfer (verb) The verb Pilfer has 1 sense:
27. Make off with belongings of others Familiarity information: Pilfer used as a verb is very rare.
28. Type: Special Ability (Active) Effect: Steal gil (70-100%) from one enemy MP: 3 Pilfering gives 70-100% of the target's gil-steal value
29. Thus, Pilfering every monster can nearly double a quest's gil yield
30. Pilfer is a keyword that is activated when a creature with Pilfer deals damage to the enemy player
31. The effects vary and are described on the card itself, example: Pilfer: +1/+1 - The creature gains +1 Power and +1 Health upon damaging the enemy player
32. Pilfer: Draw a card - The player gets to draw a card upon damaging the enemy player
33. The most common Pilfer effect is creature Power and
34. The Pilfer Guards Guard the entrance to The Contested Bog as well as the entrance to the Pilfer Queen's throne room
35. Verb If someone Pilfers, they steal things, usually small cheap things
36. Staff were Pilfering behind the bar.
37. From Longman Business Dictionary Pilfer pil‧fer / ˈpɪlfə-ər / verb [transitive] to steal small amounts of things, or things that are not worth much, especially from an office, factory etc An employee has been charged with Pilfering a set of automobile wheels
38. — Pilfering noun [uncountable] Stationery stocks are running 15% below last
39. Pilfer Cheevo Strats *All pets used are level 25 and rare quality* Pets are listed in their position order (so pet #1 goes first)
40. Pilfer is a 1 Mana Cost Common Rogue Spell card from the Classic set!
41. Definition and synonyms of Pilfer from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
42. This is the British English definition of Pilfer.View American English definition of Pilfer.
43. ‘After all, these nightly visitors aren't there to snitch snapdragons or Pilfer peas.’ ‘Ahmad manages to Pilfer a box of medicine, but it's not enough.’ ‘Frankly, with a vast online knowledge base at your fingertips, it would be a miracle if people didn't swipe a phrase here or Pilfer a juicy paragraph there.’
44. 1 Biography 1.1 Backstory 1.2 Hakuna Matata 1.2.1 The Shiny Stones 2 Physical appearance 3 Personality and traits 4 Trivia 5 References Pilfer lived in the jungle, where s/he once encountered a great horde of large shiny stones
45. Captivated by Timon's shiny stones, Pilfer steals the treasure from the meerkat, who shakes his fist angrily at the bird
46. Pilfer is a tech used in Chrono Cross
47. Pilfer is a Corvicon and the brother of Jacknab and Boostwing in Transformers: Robots in Disguise
48. 1 History 2 Relationships 3 Gallery 4 Navigation Pilfer arrived in Crown City with his brothers and hatched a plan to steal all the gold from the Crown City Gold Depository
49. Pilfer Total Number of words made out of Pilfer = 48 Pilfer is an acceptable word in Scrabble with 11 points.Pilfer is an accepted word in Word with Friends having 13 points
50. Pilfer is a 6 letter medium Word starting with P and ending with R
51. 5 letter Words made out of Pilfer
52. Pilfer Meaning: "to steal in small quantities" (intrans.); "to steal or gain by petty theft" (trans.), 1540s, from… See definitions of Pilfer.
53. Pilfer is a Corvicon whose robot mode is same as Filch in Combiner Force season
54. 1 Transformers: Robots in Disguise 1.1 History 1.2 Season 3 2 Trivia 3 Gallery In Get a Clue, Pilfer accompanied Jacknab in breaking in to the Crown City Gold Depository, a plan that had been masterminded by
55. Synonyms for Pilfer in Free Thesaurus
56. 44 synonyms for Pilfer: steal, take, rob, lift, nick, appropriate, trouser, rifle, pinch, swipe, knock off
57. What does Pilfer mean? Pilfer is defined as to steal a small item
58. (verb) An example of Pilfer is stealing a candy bar from a convenience store
59. Pilfer (from somebody/something) He was caught Pilfering
60. Pilfer something (from somebody/something) She regularly Pilfered stamps from work
61. Word Origin late Middle English (as a noun in the sense ‘action of Pilfering, something Pilfered’): from Old French pelfrer ‘to pillage’, of unknown origin.
62. Pilfer using: Bush Chicken (1**), Nibbles (211) and Any Level 25+ .
63. Synonyms for Pilfering in Free Thesaurus
64. 44 synonyms for Pilfer: steal, take, rob, lift, nick, appropriate, trouser, rifle, pinch, swipe
65. Steal, purloin, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, Pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplift
66. Pilfer should be dead at this point, if not rinse and repeat