philosophical (adjective) · philosophic (adjective)
1. Philosophical definition is - of or relating to philosophers or philosophy
2. How to use Philosophical in a sentence.
3. Adjective of or relating to philosophy: Philosophical studies
4. Philosophical synonyms, Philosophical pronunciation, Philosophical translation, English dictionary definition of Philosophical. also phil·o·soph·ic adj
5. To be Philosophical is to stay detached and thoughtful in the face of a setback, or to approach a tough situation in a level-headed way
6. When his girlfriend left him, Bernard was Philosophical: "If she loves me, she'll return." In ancient Greece, philosophy literally meant a love of knowledge and wisdom.
7. He further developed the foundational views of morality upon which a lot of modern Philosophical thinking in place
8. Find 23 ways to say Philosophical, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. The point of pondering the aforementioned questions and finding a satisfactory personal answer to them is to link your thoughts and opinions (and the rationale behind them), be they Philosophical, religious or political, into an internally consistent framework, which helps you deal with new questions and ideas and gives you a means to overcome
10. Philosophical writings/ essays C2 If you are Philosophical in your reaction to something that is not satisfactory, you accept it calmly and without anger, understanding that failure and disappointment are a part of life
11. Answering Philosophical questions helps us gain a better understanding of ourselves and the world we live in
12. Phenomenology, a Philosophical movement originating in the 20th century, the primary objective of which is the direct investigation and description of phenomena as consciously experienced, without theories about their causal explanation and as free as possible from unexamined preconceptions and
13. Philosophy, (from Greek, by way of Latin, philosophia, “love of wisdom”) the rational, abstract, and methodical consideration of reality as a whole or of fundamental dimensions of human existence and experience. Philosophical inquiry is a central element in the intellectual history of many civilizations
14. ‘the American Philosophical Society’ ‘Many philosophers today deny that Philosophical questions about knowledge have any special character.’ ‘Most read him in terms of the German Philosophical …
15. A Philosophical razor is not an unbreakable law or rule, it is not always right 100% of the time, but it is right more often than not, and is therefore a useful mental shortcut that allows you to make decisions and solve problems quicker and easier.
16. ‘Most seem to be Philosophical about the restrictions and have grudgingly accepted the ban.’ ‘He was equally Philosophical about the growing personal criticism that he received.’ ‘The result, he says, was a fairly Philosophical attitude to life at an early age, but no more.’
17. Deep Philosophical movies by theekman created - 22 Jun 2014 updated - 11 Nov 2017 Public These movies have a tendency to expand our thinking
18. Philosophical means concerned with or relating to philosophy
19. He was more accustomed to cocktail party chatter than to political or Philosophical discussions
20. Philosophically (fɪləsɒfɪkli) adverb Wilbur says he's not a coward, but that he's Philosophically opposed to war.
21. Philosophical conversations between a poet, politician, and scientist
22. Philosophical means concerned with or relating to philosophy
23. He was not accustomed to political or Philosophical discussions
24. Philosophically (fɪləsɒfɪkli) adverb [ADVERB with verb, ADVERB adjective] Wiggins says he's not a coward, but that he's Philosophically opposed to war.
25. Definition of Philosophical in the Definitions.net dictionary
26. What does Philosophical mean? Information and translations of Philosophical in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
27. An exercise called Philosophical Chairs is a versatile way to get students speaking and listening to one another
28. Inception – This film is brand new and is at the center of fierce discussion, which is the life blood of Philosophical inquiry
29. Philosophical theology is a tool that can be used in a right way or a wrong way
30. Synonyms for Philosophical in Free Thesaurus
31. 24 synonyms for Philosophical: theoretical, abstract, learned, wise, rational, logical
32. "David Papineau's Philosophical Devices is an excellent introduction to central tools, ideas, and pieces of vocabulary now current in Anglo-American (so-called "analytic") philosophy
33. Philosophical Geometry originated in the author’s perception of this problem while working with de Lubicz in Grasse, France, in 1960-61
34. Written in 1972, Philosophical Geometry was conceived as a textbook and took shape in a teaching situation, individual elaboration of theory being the declared aim.
35. At the School of Life, we’ve pioneered a new form of Meditation we call Philosophical Meditation, designed to help with anxiety, sadness and a lack of direct
36. What are Philosophical questions? To answer what Philosophical questions are, we need to know what philosophy means