philosopher (noun) · philosophers (plural noun)
1. Philosopher definition is - a person who seeks wisdom or enlightenment : scholar, thinker.
2. Saint Augustine was a Philosopher, theologian, and the bishop of Hippo Regius in Roman North Africa
3. Rembrandt’s Philosopher in Meditation, a classical view of philosophy isolated from the world
4. The History of philosophy is as rich as it is complex.Here is an overview of great Philosophers and major schools of thought that have punctuated the long history of philosophy from Ancient Greece to the Modern World.
5. Below you will find a comprehensive list of great Philosophers and links to
6. There are many ideas about Philosophers and what they do
7. The discipline dates back to ancient times with some of the greatest Philosophers being Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle
8. Someone who studies or writes about the meaning of life: Plato was a Greek Philosopher.
9. Philosopher is fast, easy-to-use, scalable, and versatile data analysis software for mass spectrometry-based proteomics
10. Philosopher is dependency-free and can analyze both traditional database searches and open searches for post-translational modification (PTM) discovery.
11. The New Philosopher Writers’ Award is open for submissions (note that you must be a subscriber to New Philosopher or […] Issue #027: Family
12. By The Happy Philosopher in Posts One day, back when I was relatively young and naïve, I was watching an episode of 60 minutes
13. The Greek Philosopher Aristotle (384-322 B.C.) made significant and lasting contributions to nearly every aspect of human knowledge, from logic to biology to ethics and aesthetics.
14. YELLOWSTONE & VOICEPhilosopher
15. Philosopher Seeds sells cannabis seeds as souvenirs for genetic preservation to countries where cultivation of this plant is illegal
16. The Philosopher men's watches two-piece dial and asymmetric second hand combine to create a truly unique design
17. German Philosopher georg wilhelm friedrich hegel from 1875 - Philosopher stock illustrations the school of athens
18. - Philosopher stock pictures, royalty-free photos
19. Inasmuch as alchemy was concerned with the perfection of the human soul, the Philosopher’s stone was thought to cure illnesses, prolong life, and bring about spiritual revitalization
20. The Philosopher’s stone, variously described, was sometimes said to be a common substance, found everywhere but unrecognized and unappreciated.
21. The Philosopher is the longest running public philosophy journal in the UK, published since 1923, featuring engaging, challenging contributions from leading international Philosophers and emerging voices in the field.
22. Philosopher definition: A Philosopher is a person who studies or writes about philosophy
23. Philosopher's stone definition is - an imaginary stone, substance, or chemical preparation believed to have the power of transmuting baser metals into gold and sought by alchemists; broadly : an elusive or imaginary key to success —called also Philosophers' stone.
24. A Philosopher is a kind of thinker or researcher
25. A "philosophy" can also mean a group of ideas by Philosophers, or by a Philosopher
26. A Philosopher says that man thinks of nothing less than of death
27. - English Only forum A Philosopher, the Philosopher - English Only forum a scholar, as well as a poet and a Philosopher - English Only forum a sparrow can give ten points to any Philosopher in petticoats - English Only forum a writer, historian, and Philosopher - English Only forum
28. Which Philosopher are you? Top > Society > Philosophy
29. I hope this quiz will interest you in philosophy, possibly provoking you to read some of the Philosophers in this quiz
30. If Philosopher 1 is slow to take a fork, and if Philosopher 2 is quick to think and pick its forks back up, then Philosopher 1 will never get to pick up both forks
31. A fair solution must guarantee that each Philosopher will eventually eat, no matter how slowly that Philosopher …
32. Philosopher - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
33. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Philosopher n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
34. The Philosopher's path is a trail around a small river
35. Philosopher was started in 2008 and takes inspiration from Agfa Rotis and ITC Binary
36. The Philosopher does just that, providing a new way of looking at the history of philosophy by bringing to life six kinds of figures who have occupied the role of Philosopher in a wide range of societies around the world over the millennia―the Natural Philosopher, the Sage, the Gadfly, the Ascetic, the Mandarin, and the Courtier
37. The Philosopher's stone or material prima was a substance (a powder, tincture, or stone) that was more pure than gold itself
38. It was thought that by using a minute quantity of the Philosopher's stone a base metal could be elevated to gold through an alchemical process.
Philosopher(noun) one who philosophizes; one versed in, or devoted to, philosophy. Philosopher(noun) one who reduces the principles of philosophy to practice in the conduct of life; one who lives according to the rules of practical wisdom; one who meets or regards all vicissitudes with calmness.
A philosopher's job is to think clearly about fundamental issues and to clearly communicate those thoughts and the reasoning supporting them.
One reason that philosophy is important to understand and use is that everyone is a philosopher.  Far from being the ivory-tower, irrelevant proceeding limited only to those that like it piled-higher and deeper  , everyone is a philosopher, just as everyone breathes, eats, and has thoughts.
In the classical sense, a philosopher was someone who lived according to a certain way of life, focusing upon resolving existential questions about the human condition; it was not necessary that they discoursed upon theories or commented upon authors.