1. Pecksniffian definition, hypocritically and unctuously affecting benevolence or high moral principles
2. The definition of Pecksniffian is being hypocritical about moral principles
3. An example of Pecksniffian is a campaign that appears to appeal ethics and standards but really appeals to peoples' wants and …
4. But Baedeker was dreadfully Pecksniffian about these poor innocent etudiantes, many of whom love their lovers much more truly than many a British wife loves her husband, and are much better loved in …
5. Pecksniffian : The word Pecksniffian proceeding forth from Bill's mouth is defined as:
6. Pecksniffian: (Adj) falsely moralistic; hypocritical; insincere
7. Pecksniffian derives from his Martin Chuzzlewit of 1844, in which Seth Pecksniff is a land surveyor and architect, though the author remarks that the only surveying of land he did was of the view of the countryside from his windows and that “of his architectural doings, nothing was clearly known, except that he had never designed or built anything.”
8. Check out Pecksniffian's art on DeviantArt
9. Definition of Pecksniffian in the Definitions.net dictionary
10. What does Pecksniffian mean? Information and translations of Pecksniffian in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
11. A person of Pecksniffian attitudes or behavior: a virtuousness that only a pecksniff could aspire to.
Person, Pecksniffian, Pecksniff
12. Pecksniffian - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
13. Pecksniffian definition: affecting benevolence or high moral principles Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Pecksniffian, Principles, Pronunciation
14. Find 43 ways to say Pecksniffian, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
15. Pecksniffery definition is - the quality or state of being Pecksniffian
16. Synonyms for Pecksniffian include insincere, hypocritical, phoney, fake, artificial, pretended, feigned, phony, backhanded and unctuous
Pecksniffian, Phoney, Pretended, Phony
17. There is shadiness in his Pecksniffian profile that’s made to order for ridiculing
18. And unlike the Pecksniffian chirping of Lincoln's Left-annexationists, Burlingame's Lincoln is self-consciously "a champion of freedom, democracy, and national unity
19. Yes, another of 2007's reigning words, "Pecksniffian" can accurately describe certain elements of our wonderful community.Paige Donner: W00t! W00t! W00t! If we could have more of this Pecksniffian garble it enhance the whiff of sanctimony that rises from these eructations like fumes from a distant latrine.
20. Labels: Chaucer, Merriam-Webster, Pecksniffian
21. Okay, sorry if this all sounds Pecksniffian--I plead the after-effects of my second Pfizer shot! Yours truly, Gary Bletsch: Subject: Sandhill Cranes near Mukilteo Date: Thu Mar 18 2021 16:55 pm From: dougsantoni AT gmail.com :
Pecksniffian, Plead, Pfizer, Pm
22. The word of the day is “Pecksniffian” and was to be used by the evaluators in their evaluations of the speakers
23. An example of Pecksniffian is a campaign that appears to appeal ethics and standards but really appeals to peoples' wants and desires
24. Use Pecksniffian in a sentence,document about use Pecksniffian in a sentence,download an entire use Pecksniffian in a …
25. Everett has not succumbed to Pecksniffian Comstockery: The police chief and city attorney allege that bikini barista stands attract a clientele …
26. Pecksniffian (adj.) "characterized by an ostentatious hypocritical display of benevolence or high principle," 1851, after Mr
27. Everett has not succumbed to Pecksniffian Comstockery: The police chief and city attorney allege that bikini barista stands attract a clientele …
28. Antonyms for Pecksniffian include artless, candid, genuine, heartfelt, honest, sincere, undesigning, unfeigned, earnest and warm
29. Top synonyms for Pecksniffian (other words for Pecksniffian) are sanctimonious, pharisaic and pharisaical.
Pecksniffian, Pharisaic, Pharisaical
30. Pecksniffian abruti de paroles opovrhnout wielder equl balance swathe stir-fry suchten bovete general culture asocjacja matter imbibe non-comparable tarantism ladybug, ladybird most significant extreme galleried copperplate multistyring Underwritten false tooth derogacja temperament haul (n.) smartcard almond primordialitat ekusupuresuue
Pecksniffian, Paroles, Primordialitat
31. We found 17 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word Pecksniffian: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "Pecksniffian" is defined
32. General (15 matching dictionaries) Pecksniffian: Merriam-Webster.com [home, info]
33. It is based on the noun pecksniff "a Pecksniffian person", a word that has been spotted in
Pecksniff, Pecksniffian, Person
34. “Pecksniffian” may be capitalized but that’s unnecessary since it has long entered the English language in common usage, although maybe not so much anymore
35. Pecksniffian Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Pecksniffian in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
36. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Pecksniffian in Urdu is چرب زبان, and in roman we write it Charb Zabaan.
37. Sentence with the word Pecksniffian
38. Yes, another of 2007's reigning words, "Pecksniffian" can accurately describe certain elements of our wonderful community.If we could have more of this Pecksniffian garble it enhance the whiff of sanctimony that rises from these eructations like fumes from a distant latrine.
39. Labels: Chaucer, Merriam-Webster, Pecksniffian, safire, w00t posted by …
40. There are always several meanings of each word in English, the correct meaning of Charb Zabaan in English is Pecksniffian, and in Urdu we write it چرب زبان
41. By form, the word Pecksniffian is an adjective, (often lowercase)
The definition of pecksniffian is being hypocritical about moral principles. An example of pecksniffian is a campaign that appears to appeal ethics and standards but really appeals to peoples' wants and desires. YourDictionary definition and usage example. "Pecksniffian.".
Example Sentences Learn More about Pecksniffian Did You Know? Seth Pecksniff, a character with a holier-than-thou attitude in Charles Dickens's 1844 novel Martin Chuzzlewit, was no angel, though he certainly tried to pass himself off as one.
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia. Hypocritically benevolent; sanctimonious. [After Seth Pecksniff, a character in Martin Chuzzlewit, a novel by Charles Dickens .] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
But Baedeker was dreadfully Pecksniffian about these poor innocent etudiantes, many of whom love their lovers much more truly than many a British wife loves her husband, and are much better loved in return. Within this context, the arguments are Pecksniffian.