See also: Parapraxis
1. Parapraxis - a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc.
2. The definition of a Parapraxis is a slip of the tongue, or unintended action, which might reveal a hidden thought
3. An example of a Parapraxis is a Freudian Slip.
4. Medical definition of Parapraxis: a faulty act (as a Freudian slip) of purposeful behavior.
5. Psychology Definition of Parapraxis: an error which is considered to express unconscious desires, outlooks, or urges
6. A Freudian slip, or Parapraxis, refers to what you might also call a slip of the tongue
7. A Freudian slip, also called Parapraxis, is a slip of the tongue that seems to inadvertently reveal an unconscious thought or attitude
8. Parapraxis, the clinical terminology for “Freudian slips,” as the episode explains, means abnormal acts in speech, memory, or physicality; as Gladwell’s first guest, Michele Press, explains
9. The Parapraxis Project is a platform which is here to capture thoughts, emotions and expressions that flow out of the mind at their rawest
10. Parapraxis the process whereby a person fails to complete his intention, as by the mislaying of objects, thought to be the result of a conflict between unconscious and conscious intention.
11. Parapraxis: 1 n a minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc
12. A Parapraxis is an act that appears to be unintentional but can be understood, through psychoanalytic exploration, to be perfectly motivated and unconsciously determined.
13. Parapraxis [ par″ah-prak´sis] (pl
14. Parapraxis definition: a minor error in action, such as slips of the tongue , supposedly the result of repressed Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
15. The word ‘Parapraxis’ comes from the Greek meaning ‘beside the act’ or ‘beside the practice’
16. In other words, Parapraxis is when you don’t act or speak as you intended to, but do some alternative, unintended act
17. Example sentences for: Parapraxis How can you use “Parapraxis” in a sentence? Here are some example sentences to help you improve your vocabulary: Reik, who loved language, would have greatly enjoyed such a Parapraxis.
18. Also known as Parapraxis, the Freudian slip was named for Austrian psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud
19. Parapraxis Meaning: "faulty action, blunder," 1904, from Modern Latin, from para-, here meaning "contrary" (see para- (1)) +… See definitions of Parapraxis.
20. Listen to “Analysis, Parapraxis, Elvis” Season 3 Episode 10 of The Revisionist History Podcast with Malcolm Gladwell.
21. What is the definition of Parapraxis? What is the meaning of Parapraxis? How do you use Parapraxis in a sentence? What are synonyms for Parapraxis?
22. The relevance of Parapraxis to psychoanalytic theory has been outlined
23. Through the personal and clinical observations of Freud, it appears that Parapraxis are not just passive occurrences, and are far from meaningless as they are an indication of unconscious forces at work in the human mind, which appear to have the potential to manifest in everyday life until the unconscious wish is granted.
24. Parapraxis: Nnoel's response is typical of a naturalistic evolutionist
25. Freudian slip ', or Parapraxis, is an example of the unconscious mind slipping past our conscious editing of speech and action, potentially revealing the true beliefs of desires of the person in question
26. Able to take many forms, from the forgetting of names, to losing one’s keys, to accidentally saying the wrong word, Parapraxis is, according to Freud, an instance of
27. The Parapraxis team has been recognised by ABP Education, one of the leading educational mews platforms in India
28. Listen to Parapraxis by Sigyn Birkeland, Belarussian State Chamber Orchestra, Ensemble 96 & Ingo Ernst Reihl on Apple Music
29. Stream songs including "Parapraxis: I
30. Pie Jesu", "Parapraxis: II
31. Parapraxis, a biannual magazine, is the endeavour of some enthusiastic students of UG- II, English Department, Presidency University, Kolkata.
32. Parapraxis [ par″ah-prak´sis] (pl
33. In Lecture III Freud investigated the concept of parapraxes in more detail, this time providing even more observations to support his theory that a Parapraxis …
34. Parapraxis - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
35. Synonyms for Parapraxis in Free Thesaurus
36. 3 synonyms for Parapraxis: slip-up, miscue, slip
37. What are synonyms for Parapraxis?
38. 3 synonyms for Parapraxis: slip-up, miscue, slip
39. Parapraxis Followed By 22 Posts 1,891 Boards Moderated 0 Alias Born 02/25/14 160x600 placeholder
40. Translation for 'Parapraxis' in the free English-Spanish dictionary and many other Spanish translations.
parapraxis the process whereby a person fails to complete his intention, as by the mislaying of objects, thought to be the result of a conflict between unconscious and conscious intention.
variants: or parapraxis -sə̇s . plural parapraxias -ksēəz or parapraxes -kˌsēz . : a faulty act (as a slip of the tongue or of memory) : blunder, lapse.
n. pl. par·a·prax·es (-prăk′sēz) A minor error, such as a slip of the tongue, thought to reveal a repressed motive.