paltry (adjective) · paltrier (comparative adjective) · paltriest (superlative adjective)
See also: Paltry
1. Before "Paltry" was an adjective, it was a noun meaning "trash." That now obsolete noun in turn came from "palt" or "pelt," dialect terms meaning "a piece of coarse cloth," or broadly, "trash." The adjective "Paltry" …
2. Ridiculously or insultingly small: a Paltry sum.
3. The definition of Paltry is a small or meager amount, or is something insignificant
4. An example of something that would be described as Paltry is a serving of food that is only half a teaspoon.
5. Used to describe an amount of money that is very small: The savers were getting a Paltry 0.1% interest regardless of the balance in their accounts
6. A Paltry amount/sum/figure Midwives are paid Paltry …
7. Find 52 ways to say Paltry, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Paltry crossword clue
9. Paltry is a crossword puzzle clue
10. Paltry is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times
11. Paltry 'Paltry' is a 6 letter word starting with P and ending with Y Crossword clues for 'Paltry' Clue Answer; Mean, petty (6) Paltry: Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Paltry We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Paltry will help you to finish your crossword today
12. Definition of Paltry in the Definitions.net dictionary
13. What does Paltry mean? Information and translations of Paltry in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
14. Paltry: 1 adj contemptibly small in amount “a Paltry wage” Synonyms: measly , miserable meager , meagerly , meagre , scrimpy , stingy deficient in amount or quality or extent adj not worth considering “he considered the prize too Paltry for the lives it must cost” Synonyms: negligible , trifling worthless lacking in usefulness or value
15. Crossword Clue The crossword clue Paltry with 6 letters was last seen on the October 04, 2020.We think the likely answer to this clue is MEAGER.Below are all possible answers to this clue ordered by its rank
16. Synonyms: insignificant, unimportant, petty, trivial This is indeed a Paltry flyer about a silly product
17. She made some Paltry excuse and left
18. 1921, Edward Sapir, Language: An introduction to the study of speech: There are a great many languages, like Eskimo and Nootka and, aside from Paltry exceptions, the Semitic
19. Examples of Paltry in a sentence My teenage son often complains about what he considers to be a Paltry allowance
20. 🔊 Although I paid a great deal for the gourmet meal, I only received a paltry amount of food on my plate
21. 🔊 Sadly, law enforcement officers usually receive paltry salaries in …
22. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English pal‧try /ˈpɔːltri $ ˈpɒːl-/ adjective 1 a Paltry amount of something is too small to be useful or important Paltry sum of money He received only a Paltry …
23. Paltry (adj.) "mean, worthless, despicable," 1560s, probably an adjectival use of noun Paltry"worthless thing" (1550s), associated with dialectal palt, pelt"trash," cognate with Middle Low German and East Frisian palte"rag," Middle Dutch palt"broken or torn fragment."
24. 86 synonyms of Paltry from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 154 related words, definitions, and antonyms
25. Paltry: arousing or deserving of one's loathing and disgust
26. Paltry adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (small, insignificant) misero agg aggettivo: Descrive o specifica un sostantivo: "Una persona fidata" - "Con un cacciavite piccolo" - "Questioni controverse"
27. Paltry - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
28. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Paltry adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (small, insignificant) irrisorio/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa grande", "mujer alta").
29. We found 18 answers for “Paltry”
30. This page shows answers to the clue Paltry, followed by 2 definitions like “Mean; vile; worthless”, “Lacking in importance or worth” and “Contemptibly small in amount or size”.A synonym for Paltry is ragged.
31. ‘This Paltry bit extra will soon be used up once the council tax bill arrives.’ ‘Until two years ago, we had resources so Paltry that it amounted to criminal negligence.’ ‘Last year trade between China and Russia amounted to a Paltry $5.7 billion.’ ‘There is some insurance available, although the amount of coverage is Paltry.’
32. To call the Paltry jest preserved by salat a letter, is mere mockery
33. Everything that revolts other people, low company, Paltry rooms, foul air, disgusting associations are inviting to you
34. Lugging a fellow up for a pitiful, Paltry sum of twenty pounds! Duncan dismissed this Paltry consideration with a princely gesture.
35. See 9 authoritative translations of Paltry in Spanish with example sentences, phrases and audio pronunciations.
36. A Paltry amount of money or of something else is one that you consider to be very small.
37. Definition of Paltry adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
38. Women's players blast NCAA for Paltry weight room ahead of Tourney Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com and Associated Press 4 days ago More states aim to offer vaccines for people 16
39. Paltry: Lacking in importance or worth
40. The legitimization of Paltry favors compliance-gaining technique involves a phrase that validates a very small amount of requested aid
41. Find 24 ways to say Paltry SUM, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
42. How to say Paltry in English? Pronunciation of Paltry with 2 audio pronunciations, 41 synonyms, 14 translations, 2 sentences and more for Paltry.
43. The word Paltry is an adjective
44. The Guatemalan tyrannulet or Paltry tyrannulet (Zimmerius vilissimus), is a very small passerine bird in the tyrant flycatcher family
45. Synonyms for Paltry in Free Thesaurus
46. 55 synonyms for Paltry: meagre, petty, trivial, trifling, beggarly, derisory, measly, piddling
47. Synonyms for Paltry include trivial, insignificant, trifling, piddling, small, meagre, measly, negligible, petty and beggarly
48. Why Paltry sum raised for Treasury in 5G spectrum auction is actually good news
49. Definition of Paltry adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
50. Drag the Paltry-master folder in the archive to the portable environment folder you created above and rename it to Paltry; Open the extracted Paltry folder; Configure your environment If you have an existing config.json already prepared, overwrite the one in the extracted Paltry
51. Definition of Paltry written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
52. Paltry suggests something is contemptible, unimportant, and insignificant; while meager suggests something is deficient or scant
53. When applied to a salary, then, a Paltry salary wouldn't necessarily be lower than a meager salary, but it might suggest that the wages were insultingly low.
54. Definition and synonyms of Paltry from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
55. This is the British English definition of Paltry.View American English definition of Paltry.
56. Another way to say Paltry? Synonyms for Paltry (other words and phrases for Paltry).