paddy (noun) · paddies (plural noun) · padi (noun) · padis (plural noun) · paddy field (noun) · paddy fields (plural noun) · paddyfield (noun) · paddy ields (plural noun)
1. Slang) temper, tantrum, bad mood, passion, rage, pet, fit of pique, fit of temper Don't talk to him just now - he's in a real Paddy. Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition
2. Usage note for Paddy This term is used as a neutral nickname or term of address for an Irishman, though it may be perceived as insulting
3. 2021 Example sentences from the Web for Paddy
4. Paddy’s Cheltenham Race! Win £/€1k on Vegas! Only spins on eligible games will count towards the leaderboard
5. Join more than 3 million Paddy Power Customers and became part of The World`s Biggest Betting Community
7. "Paddy is derived from the Irish, Pádraig, hence those mysterious, emerald double-Ds," Campbell writes on his site
8. Thanks to global coverage of the major football leagues such as the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and the leading continental club competitions like the UEFA Champions League, you can bet on pretty much any professional football match in the world with Paddy Power.
9. Helping you achieve the beautiful outdoor space you deserve is our top priority at Paddy O’ Furniture
10. Suan, another rice-like cereal, not cultivated, grows spontaneously in the Paddy fields
11. Rice in the husk is known as " Paddy." In 2011 a video went viral showing the 75-year old Paddy Jones doing an …
12. Paddy is a diminutive form of the male given names Patrick, Patricia, Padraig, Padraic and variant forms
13. Notable people include: Patrique Whitaker (1969- ),; Paddy Ashdown (1941–2018), British politician and diplomat; Paddy Barnes (born 1987), Irish amateur boxer; Mary Bell (aviator) (1903–1979), Australian aviator and founding leader of the Women's Air Training Corps
14. Paddy (given name), a list of people with the given name or nickname An ethnic slur for an Irishman; Birds
15. Paddy (pigeon), a Second World War carrier pigeon Snowy sheathbill or Paddy, a bird species; Black-faced sheathbill, also known as the Paddy bird; Entertainment
16. Paddy, a 1970 Irish comedy; Paddy Kirk, a fictional character in the British soap opera Emmerdale
17. Paddy The animals belonged to smallholder and landless farmers who used them for draught purposes for preparation of rice paddies or sugar-cane harvesting
18. [from 17th c.] 2011, Deepika Phukan, translating Arupa Patangia Kalita, The Story of Felanee: Taking out a handful of Paddy the old woman exclaimed, “Look how good this Paddy is! It is called Malbhog – it makes excellent puffed rice.”· A Paddy field, a rice Paddy; an
19. Paddy’s namesake whiskey, triple distilled and aged in the oaken casks of County Cork, Ireland, was always light, balanced and pure
20. And it remains just so today, whenever friends join together around the award-winning whiskey that bears Paddy…
21. (also Paddy field) A field where rice is grown
22. ‘But he did not receive water from the government irrigation scheme in time, the Paddy field dried out and he could not get a good harvest.’
23. (Potentially offensive, as "Paddy" is a derogatory slang term for an Irish person, though the connection between the two terms is debated.) Nearly two dozen looters were thrown into Paddy wagons by police forces trying to quell the riots
24. After Jeff got drunk and started assaulting a bouncer, he ended his night in the back of a Paddy wagon.
25. Paddy field after cutting Paddy A Paddy field is a flooded field of arable land used for growing semiaquatic crops, most notably rice and taro
26. 168.8k Followers, 794 Following, 717 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Paddy (@Paddy.8)
27. Paddy Pimblett official Sherdog mixed martial arts stats, photos, videos, breaking news, and more for the Lightweight fighter from England.
28. Paddy Power Games – We’re for the Gamers
29. For all you play-lovin’ gamers, Paddy promises you a fun, entertaining online gaming experience
30. Paddy's American Grille is a comfortable, casual bar and grille featuring a variety of American cuisines and daily specials in our dining room
31. A Paddy or a Paddy field is a field that is kept flooded with water and is used for growing rice
32. The workers were singing as they tilled the rice Paddy fields
33. American English: Paddy / ˈpædi /
34. €/£10 Risk Free First Bet Paddy’s Rewards Club Offer €/£10 Every Week T&C's Apply – details below
35. Paddy (n.1) 1620s, "rice plant," from Malay (Austronesian) padi "rice in the straw." Main modern meaning "rice field, ground where rice is growing" (1948) is a shortening of Paddy field.
36. Paddy Considine Celebrity Profile - Check out the latest Paddy Considine photo gallery, biography, pics, pictures, interviews, news, forums and blogs at Rotten Tomatoes!
37. In the Oxford Dictionary, the term "Paddy wagon" is said to have appeared in the 1930s, "perhaps because formerly many American police officers were of Irish descent." The word comes from the phrase "Paddy," it says, which that same dictionary acknowledges is slang for …
38. Paddy O', thanks for your quality service and furniture." Gary C
39. The latest tweets from @Paddywivell
40. The name Paddy means Noble and is of Irish origin.Paddy is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for boys.
41. The latest tweets from @Paddy0_
42. Paddy McGuinness, Actor: Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere
43. Paddy McGuinness was born on August 14, 1973 in Bolton, Lancashire, England as Patrick Joesph McGuinness
44. He is an actor and writer, known for Max & Paddy…
45. Paddy wagon definition is - an enclosed motortruck used by police to carry prisoners —called also Black Maria, patrol wagon.
46. Paddy Pimblett Always Brings It By Walker Van Wey • Mar
47. 17, 2021 Paddy “The Baddy” Pimblett is gearing up for one final masterpiece in Cage Warriors.
48. From jackpots topping 1,000x your stake to interactive bonus rounds, Exclusive Slots such as Paddy Power Gold and Keeping Up with the Paddy’s provide more fun and rewards than your average spinner.
49. Well, “Paddy” is the casual form of the traditional Irish-Gaelic name Padraic or Pádraig, and their later, English variation, Patrick
50. Another word for Paddy: temper, tantrum, bad mood, passion, rage Collins English Thesaurus
51. Synonyms for Paddy in Free Thesaurus
52. 12 synonyms for Paddy: temper, tantrum, bad mood, passion, rage, pet, fit of pique, fit of temper, Mick, Mickey, Paddy field, rice Paddy
53. Paddy by Dave Hause, released 23 October 2020 1
54. Here in one volume all the plays that made Paddy Chayefsky a famous man, together with some insights by the author into how they got written