See also: Other
1. Other than definition is - with the exception of : except for, besides
2. How to use Other than in a sentence.
3. Other than synonyms, Other than pronunciation, Other than translation, English dictionary definition of Other than
4. With the exception of; except for; besides: Other than one sister, she has no close relatives.
5. Other than (something) Besides or excluding something, Other than having a view of the parking lot, his apartment is great.
6. An example of Other than is a stay at home mom saying that aside from watching her children, she doesn't do much else.
7. Find 75 ways to say Other than, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. Synonyms for Other than include apart from, barring, except for, not including, excepting, excluding, except, besides, save and aside from
9. Except for someone or something I had no ambitions Other than to have a happy life and be free
10. Synonyms and related words Definition and synonyms of Other than from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
11. You use Other than after a negative statement to say that the person, item, or thing that follows is the only exception to the statement
12. She makes no reference to any feminist work Other than her own
13. Other than (something) Besides or excluding something, Other than having a view of the parking lot, his apartment is great.
14. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Other than crossword clue
15. "Other than" means "of a kind, type, or class that is different from the item that is named"
16. If you use a fuel Other than gasoline, you may use kerosene, or wood, or coal, or solar energy
17. If I asked you to name a city in Japan Other than Tokyo, you could name Osaka, or Kyoto, or Yokahama.
18. Definition of Other than in the Definitions.net dictionary
19. What does Other than mean? Information and translations of Other than in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
20. 1 Different from, besides, as in They were shocked to find she has a lover Other than her husband
21. 2 In a different manner than; otherwise than, as in How could she be Other than happy with the new house?
22. Other than definition: except:
23. But Other than that, if you get sick, you're in danger of financial ruin.: Got my new sound card up and running, but Other than that, nuthin.: It is a theory that lacks a methodology and offers relatively little guidance to the individual Other than that one should be authentic and responsible.: He boldly tugs the barkeep's jacket to get served, but immediately gets bullied by one of the
24. You use Other than after a negative statement to say that the person, item, or thing that follows is the only exception to the statement
25. She makes no reference to any feminist work Other than her own
26. The journey by road to Wolverhampton is not recommended to anyone Other than the most experienced cyclist
27. In a different way we cannot make it to the party Other than by canceling the previous engagement Synonyms for other (than)
28. "Other than" seems to be used when the person asking the question already has "asparagus", but wants a different vegetable
29. Person at the shop sees asparagus as the only vegetable in sight, but he doesn't want asparagus, so he asks the shopkeeper if there are "any vegetables Other than asparagus."
30. Use "Other than" in a sentence i've been able to overcome all my vices, Other than my need for the occasional cold beer
31. There is no way of reaching the island Other than by boat
32. It's nice to sip and savour drinks Other than beer as well from time to time.
33. ‘It's simply unacceptable for anything Other than the truth to be taught in schools.’ ‘He had never intended to use the knife for anything Other than breaking into the property.’ ‘I don't want to say anything Other than I went down the wrong side of the lock and got stuck.’
34. Other than Honorable1 Discharges Impact on Eligibility for VA Health Care Benefits Benefit Description Except for persons who die during military service, status as a Veteran requires that he or she was discharged or released under conditions Other than dishonorable
35. Other than apart from a particular person or thing SYN except The truth was known to no one Other than herself
36. He doesn’t eat pork, but Other than that he’ll eat just about anything
37. → other Examples from the Corpus Other than • There was no reason for this Other than a certain unwillingness to emerge from our bond trading shell.
38. Synonyms for Other than in Free Thesaurus
39. 2 synonyms for Other than: differently, otherwise
40. What are synonyms for Other than?
41. Other-Than-Collision Coverage — coverage available under the personal auto policy (PAP) that provides a form of "all risks" protection for damage to a covered auto from perils Other than collision
42. Other than that expr expression: Prepositional phrase, adverbial phrase, or other phrase or expression--for example, "behind the times," "on your own." (apart from this, otherwise) aparte de eso loc adv locución adverbial: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como adverbio ("en vilo", "de seguido", "a quemarropa").
43. Other than that expr expression: Prepositional phrase, adverbial phrase, or other phrase or expression--for example, "behind the times," "on your own." (apart from this, otherwise) (courant) sinon adv adverbe: modifie un adjectif ou un verbe
44. Other than We, is a cli-fi fable that weaves a vital response to the climate crisis, attacks on immigrants, reproductive rights, and gender-fluidity into a suspenseful, funny, scary, ultimately triumphant and joyful tale of the birth of a new vision.
45. CDC Resources in Languages Other than English
46. Separations by Other than Retirement (Natures of Action 312, 317, 330, 350, 351, 352, 353, 355, 356, 357, 385, and 390) Contents
47. Subpart 6.3—Other than Full and Open Competition 6.300 Scope of subpart
48. Rule "other then (other than)" This is one of many errors that LanguageTool can detect
49. Description: other then (Other than) Message: Did you mean Other than? Category: Possible Typo (ID: TYPOS) Incorrect sentences that this rule can detect
50. Anything Other than that is totally irrelevant at this stage
51. Anything Other than that very clean cut
52. But Other than that - best kind
53. Opened in the “factor Other than sex” defense and ensure that employers may not value the work of men and women differently unless there is a legitimate business reason for doing so
54. The “Factor Other than Sex” Defense: A Judicially Created Loophole Before an employer need even offer an affirmative defense, a plaintiff must make out a
55. An Other than Honorable Discharge represents a significant departure from the conduct and performance expected of all military members
56. Generally, in order to receive VA benefits and services, the veteran’s character of discharge or service must be under "Other than dishonorable" conditions (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, or
57. Other than is a really unique book
58. 5 Most Important Cryptocurrencies Other than Bitcoin
59. Justification And Approval For Other than Full And Open Competition Author: EileenTChristy Last modified by: EileenTChristy Created Date: 2/11/2015 7:59:00 PM Company: GSA Other titles: Justification And Approval For Other than Full And Open Competition
60. From the acclaimed award-winning author Emmanuel Carrère, Lives Other than My Own: A Memoir is an act of generous imagination that unflinchingly records devastating loss and, equally vividly, the wealth of human solace that follows in its wake
61. Sometime Other than Now begins with a very curious opening scene where a biker named Sam (Donal Logue) washes up on a New England beach fully clothed in his leathers.He awakes with a pounding wave, which is, at the same time, burying his motorcycle in the sand
Synonyms for Other than: adj. •barring (adjective) aside from, Excluding, bar, Excepting, apart from, Discounting. adv. •besides (adverb) added to, additionally, secondly, likewise, yet, also, further, plus, moreover, otherwise, more, beyond, else, furthermore, exclusive of, exceeding, too, extra. n. prep.
Definition of 'no/nothing other than'. no/nothing other than. phrase. You use nothing other than and no other than when you are going to mention a course of action, decision, or description and emphasize that it is the only one possible in the situation.
Synonyms for 'among other things': secondly, firstly, lastly, thirdly, et cetera, etc, second, whatnot, inter alia, and the like, and all that
Definition of 'none other than no other than'. none other than no other than. You use none other than and no other than to emphasize the name of a person or thing when something about that person or thing is surprising in a particular situation.