1. Oppressive definition is - unreasonably burdensome or severe
2. How to use Oppressive in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Oppressive.
4. Oppressive definition, burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical: an Oppressive king; Oppressive laws
5. Oppressive synonyms, Oppressive pronunciation, Oppressive translation, English dictionary definition of Oppressive
6. Oppressive: 1 adj weighing heavily on the senses or spirit “the atmosphere was Oppressive ” “ Oppressive sorrows” Synonyms: heavy marked by great psychological weight; weighted down especially with sadness or troubles or weariness adj marked by unjust severity or arbitrary behavior “the Oppressive government” “ Oppressive laws” Synonyms:
Oppressive, On, Or
7. 21 synonyms of Oppressive from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 36 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. Find another word for Oppressive
9. Oppressive: difficult to endure.
10. Find 72 ways to say Oppressive, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
11. We found 10 answers for “Oppressive”
12. This page shows answers to the clue Oppressive, followed by 6 definitions like “Heavy; overpowering”, “Unreasonably burdensome” and “Using oppression; tyrannical”.Synonyms for Oppressive are for example authoritarian, brutal and cruel.More synonyms can be found below the puzzle answers.
Oppressive, Overpowering, Oppression
13. On this page you can find the answer to Oppressive administration (7) clue from the Crossword Climber iOS/Android Game from AppyNation.com
14. Like blue sky after and long slumber that concedes to Oppressive smoke-filled skies, allow your peace to break in, for us to breathe
15. Oppressive 'Oppressive' is a 10 letter word starting with O and ending with E Crossword clues for 'Oppressive' Clue Answer; Harsh, authoritarian (10) Oppressive: Harsh and authoritarian (10) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Oppressive
16. ‘The Oppressive weather we've had this past week makes me want to sleep all day.’ ‘You want to come stay in Tel Aviv one of these days, now that's Oppressive weather.’ ‘The course, as always, was immaculately presented and the weather was Oppressive on …
Oppressive, One, Of, On
17. Oppressive mathematical practices? How can our stories be valued as data points to impact change? Ho w c a n ma th b e u s e d to a n a l y ze a n d i n te r p r e t l i fe ? Can I use mathematics to comprehend my everyday life? What ways do I use mathematics?
18. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Oppressive ruler crossword clue
19. The “Oppressive” manager displays an inflated sense of his or her own ability and accomplishments, often takes credit for the achievements of others and will prevaricate and embellish to impress
Oppressive, Of, Or, Own, Often, Others
20. 191025 reason.com 2019 10 22 seattle-math-Oppressive-cultural-woke
21. What does Oppressive mean? The definition of Oppressive is something that is hard to deal with or causes discomfort
Oppressive, Of, Or
22. The Oppressive laws in the country do not allow females to attend school
23. 🔊 When the Oppressive dictator died, millions of people celebrated his death
24. 🔊 The citizens unanimously voted to overturn the Oppressive laws that had once controlled their lives
Overturn, Oppressive, Once
25. 🔊 Last summer, thousands of people died from strokes relating to the Oppressive
26. Anti-Oppressive Education tors, and politicians
27. See 7 authoritative translations of Oppressive in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
28. Definition of Oppressive adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Of, Oppressive, Oxford
29. Oppressive definition: If you describe a society , its laws, or customs as Oppressive , you think they treat Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
30. The Oppressive nature of American Christianity is not restricted to poverty or racism, sexism is part of this Oppressive climate
Oppressive, Of, Or
31. If Oppressive consequences accrue to institutional laws, customs, or practices, the institution is Oppressive whether or not the individuals maintaining those practices have Oppressive intentions." U.S
32. • The country is in the grip of an extremely Oppressive regime
33. Oppressive heat • This shop is surely an outpost of hell, with its Oppressive heat and dense clouds of smoke
Oppressive, Outpost, Of
34. • The Oppressive heat and humidity make that smell stronger
35. • An opposite movement occurs with the elements of Oppressive heat and smell on that same momentous
Opposite, Occurs, Of, Oppressive, On
36. Anti-Oppressive theories, perspectives and practice Group No.II Sub group no.2 Submitted by Bhavya M K Wangshi Yaden Babita Anantha Aishik Aiswariya Anti-Oppressive theories, perspectives and practice Anti- Oppressive social work is the social work practice that addresses the structural inequalities within the social service themselves and
37. Oppressive regime definition: If you refer to a government or system of running a country as a regime , you are Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Oppressive, Or, Of
38. First, any Oppressive system has at its core the idea that one group is somehow better than another, and in some measure has the right to control the other group
Oppressive, One, Other
39. Oppressive Love (Chinese Movie); 虐恋之古曼童; Queer Beauty;; Ah Nam is a transfer student who has a strange nightmare, which bothers him from almost one
40. This is a time full of lessons for those who day to day languish under the Oppressive yoke of capitalism.: As the autonomy of the local church kicks in, Oppressive views of women in diaconal roles will increasingly get kicked out
Of, Oppressive, Out
41. Common symptoms are pain, an Oppressive feeling behind the eye, a gritty sensation in the eye, double vision, and photophobia.
42. To no one’s surprise, the Gulf of Mexico coastal areas lead the way in Oppressive conditions
One, Of, Oppressive
43. Louisiana is the epicenter of summertime Oppressive weather.
44. The charity claims that laborers that supply Whole Foods reported working up to 14 hours a day in “Oppressive heat with few rest breaks,” and often with
45. Oppressive language is any word that uses an identity or an identifier of belonging to a certain group (class, race, sexuality, ability, gender, etc) as a negative or undesirable quality
Oppressive, Or, Of
46. Oppressive language is everywhere in mainstream Canadian society from pop culture to academia
47. I proudly told my freshman class that masks are Oppressive
48. Find 72 ways to say Oppressive, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
49. Torture in Saudi prisons: ‘Most Oppressive era we have witnessed’ Three Saudi clerics reportedly on death row and dozens of activists are believed to have endured brutal treatment.
Oppressive, On, Of
50. Synonyms for Oppressive in Free Thesaurus
51. 65 synonyms for Oppressive: tyrannical, severe, harsh, heavy, overwhelming, cruel, brutal
52. 17, That night John escaped from the Oppressive gloom of Sloane Crescent and embarked on an evening-long drinking spree
Oppressive, Of, On
53. 18, An excess of house plants in a small flat can be Oppressive
54. 19, My desire to be rich was an insane, unwholesome, Oppressive desire.
55. Under 29 USCS § 203 Oppressive child labor means “a condition of employment under which (1) any employee under the age of sixteen years is employed by an employer (other than a parent or a person standing in place of a parent employing his own child or a child in his custody under the age of sixteen years in an occupation other than manufacturing or mining or an occupation found by the
Oppressive, Of, Other, Or, Own, Occupation
56. Anti-Oppressive practice (AOP) has taken root in social work as an effort to raise social justice commitments in the profession, and to improve outcomes for those it serves
57. Tyranny is generally accepted as a severe form of government that is led by an incompetent leader who is both cruel and Oppressive
58. Oppressive systems can be thought of as the structures within the greater society that allow inequities to continue
59. Oppressive governments that restrict liberties, deny participation, and abuse human rights overlap considerably, but not entirely, with dictatorships
60. Because there are more studies and rankings of Oppressive governments than of dictatorships, and because the problem is the oppression, not who does it, I’m going to look for a moment at some
Of, Oppressive, Oppression
61. Incoming House member says "masks are Oppressive" as U.S
62. "The time is now for content creators, gamers and streamers to stop being taken advantage of through Oppressive, unfair and illegal agreements
63. – Advocacy groups recently met in Miami-Dade County to denounce what they say are several Oppressive Florida legislative proposals that are in the works
Definition of oppress. transitive verb. 1a : to crush or burden by abuse of power or authority The country has long been oppressed by a ruthless dictator. oppressed minorities. b archaic : suppress. 2 : to burden spiritually or mentally : weigh heavily upon oppressed by a sense of failure oppress by intolerable guilt.
burdensome, unjustly harsh, or tyrannical: an oppressive king; oppressive laws. causing discomfort by being excessive, intense, elaborate, etc.: oppressive heat. distressing or grievous: oppressive sorrows.
[&adjective&]. /əˈpresɪv/. /əˈpresɪv/. jump to other results. treating people in a cruel and unfair way and not giving them the same freedom, rights, etc. as other people. [&oppressive&] laws. an [&oppressive&] regime. The political situation has grown increasingly [&oppressive&].