See also: Off-putting Offsetting Putting Off-color Off-piste Off-limits Off-track Off-year Off-kilter Off-centre Off-key Off-white Off-center Off-site Off-the-shelf Off-guard Off-the-wall A Define Put Stave Show Trade
1. Causing annoyance or repugnance an Off putting remark • Similar to: ↑displeasing 2
2. Tending to repel The trappings of upper class life are Off putting and sterile Elizabeth Hess • Similar to: ↑unappealing * * * ˈOff putting … Useful english dictionary
3. It wasn’t Off putting or anything just part of the not very many bad relationships thing
Off, Or, Of
4. Another way to say Off putting? Synonyms for Off putting (other words and phrases for Off putting).
5. Guys, is it Off putting if a girl keeps trying for you even though you tell her you can’t be in an emotional relationship? Anonymous
6. Off putting funny cartoons from CartoonStock directory - the world's largest on-line collection of cartoons and comics.
Off, On, Of
7. Break 'Off putting' down into sounds: say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them
8. Record yourself saying 'Off putting' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen
OFF PUTTING [off-putting]
The definition of off-putting is a person, thing or situation that repels or is annoying. An example of off-putting is a negative comment about a person's race.
put (one) off (something) 1. To deter or repel one from something or from doing something. The sight of the blood put me off my food for the rest of the day.
put someone off (of) something. to remove someone from a form of transportation, such as a train, ship, or airplane, owing to illness or misbehavior. (See also put someone off. Of is usually retained before pronouns.) The captain ordered that the unruly passengers be put off the ship at the next port.