1. Odious has been with us since the days of Middle English
2. Odious definition, deserving or causing hatred; hateful; detestable
3. Odious adjective offensive, nasty, foul, disgusting, horrible, unpleasant, revolting, obscene, sickening, vile, horrid, repellent, unsavoury, obnoxious, unpalatable, repulsive, disagreeable, nauseating, hateful, repugnant, loathsome, abhorrent, abominable, execrable, detestable, yucky or yukky (slang) He's the most Odious man I have ever met.
Odious, Offensive, Obscene, Obnoxious, Or
4. Odious In reviews, Odious comparisons are sometimes drawn between the book under review and others whose worth is known
5. From the Cambridge English Corpus Each of them is critical of the tendency of law to skew history or legitimise Odious …
Of, Or, Odious
6. 33 synonyms of Odious from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 48 related words, definitions, and antonyms
7. Odious: causing intense displeasure, disgust, or resentment.
8. Secretary of State Daniel Webster rejected Huselmann’s attempt to “give this Odious name and character to a confidential agent of a neutral Power, bearing the commission of his country, and sent for a purpose fully warranted by the law of nations.”
9. When used as a noun or a name Odious signifies a person who has achieved the highest level of obnoxious and is generally a super try hard
Or, Odious, Of, Obnoxious
10. When given the choice to eat a normal meal or a meal consisting of all organic foods Odious will pick the later due to their extreme try hard nature.
Or, Of, Organic, Odious
11. Odious; proud, and perverse, and full of hateful and offensive qualities
Odious, Of, Offensive
12. It is Odious, not only as it imposes an act of perfidy on one of the contracting parties, but as it tends to bring back to servitude men once made free.” 3 In both 1783 and 1795, Hamilton’s thinking fell in place with his political party’s stances.
Odious, Only, Of, On, One, Once
13. Odious is from the Latin noun odium, which means hatred
14. It is a strong word, so don't call someone Odious unless you want to accuse someone of being loathsome or vile
Odious, Of, Or
15. Actions can also be called Odious. A typical use is Shakespeare's in Othello: "You told a lie, an Odious damned lie."
16. Examples of Odious in a sentence Because Mark had an Odious personality, he had very few friends
17. 🔊 The athlete got arrested for participating in the odious sport of dog fighting
18. 🔊 Although I normally notice unpleasant smells right away, I cannot detect the odious scent you noticed in the house
19. Odious (comparative more Odious, superlative most Odious) Arousing or meriting strong dislike, aversion, or intense displeasure
20. Quotations ▼ Scrubbing the toilet is an Odious task.
21. Odious (adj.) late 14c., "hateful, deserving of hatred; hated, regarded with aversion or repugnance," from Anglo-French Odious, from Old French odieus (late 14c., Modern French odieux) or directly from Latin odiosus "hateful, offensive, unpleasant," from odium "hatred" (see odium).Related: Odiously; Odiousness.
Odious, Of, Or, Old, Odieus, Odieux, Odiosus, Offensive, Odium, Odiously, Odiousness
22. Synonyms for Odious in Free Thesaurus
23. 52 synonyms for Odious: offensive, nasty, foul, disgusting, horrible, unpleasant, revolting, obscene
Odious, Offensive, Obscene
24. Comparisons are Odious It is unhelpful, unfair, or misleading to draw comparisons between people or things, especially when done flippantly or inappropriately
25. Everyone keeps comparing the new streaming service to traditional cable television, but frankly, comparisons are Odious
26. ‘Odious hypocrisy’ ‘Alas there is no reason why the most Odious, contemptible people might not be able to make the sweetest, most wonderful creations.’
27. Alas there is no reason why the most Odious, contemptible people might not be able to make the sweetest, most wonderful creations
28. They stepped through the low front door and found that inside the house was as vile, Odious and squalid as its owner
29. It's not about protecting people from themselves, as Odious as even that is.
30. Odious’s tracks Lordz Of Brooklyn Instagram Live Shit April 2020 by Odious published on 2020-04-17T15:39:19Z
Odious, Of, On
31. Christian Steyer - Hortu (Inari End Titles) featuring an unidentified voice by Odious published on 2019-12-17T14:55:55Z
32. Black Light Burns - Mesopotamia (Assyrian Edit) by Odious
33. Definition of Odious in the Definitions.net dictionary
34. What does Odious mean? Information and translations of Odious in the most comprehensive …
35. Odious: Arousing or deserving hatred or strong dislike
36. If you describe people or things as Odious, you think that they are extremely unpleasant
37. Herr Schmidt is certainly the most Odious man I have ever met
38. The judge described the crime as Odious
39. Synonyms: offensive, nasty, foul, disgusting More Synonyms of Odious
Offensive, Of, Odious
40. What does Odious mean? Extremely unpleasant; repulsive
41. The Odious Collector is a special type of Treasure Goblin added to the game in Patch 2.1.2.These goblins are green in color and they drop crafting materials of white, blue, and yellow quality, as well as legendary item crafting plans
42. More than one Odious Collector can spawn at once in large, mixed-type packs, and as of Patch 2.1.2
One, Odious, Once, Of
43. Odious debt is a term applied to a predecessor government's debt that a successor government wishes to repudiate on ostensibly moral grounds
Odious, On, Ostensibly
44. Odious debt is not an established principle of
45. Definition of Odious written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
46. Odious refers to things that are extremely distasteful, disgusting, or deserving of revulsion
Odious, Or, Of
47. It’s an adjective that can describe words (‘an Odious lie’), situations (‘an Odious tyranny’), or even people (‘an Odious character’)
48. Odious is a particularly powerful term, conveying more than simple annoyance or unpleasantness
49. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Odious o‧di‧ous / ˈəʊdiəs $ ˈoʊ-/ adjective formal UNPLEASANT extremely unpleasant SYN horrible an Odious little man — Odiously adverb Examples from the Corpus Odious • He is the son of a man whose values are Odious
Of, Odious, Ous, Odiously
50. • The taking of hostages is an Odious crime.
51. "The Odious Ogre" is lush where "The Phantom Tollbooth" is spare
52. "Breathe " is an Odious piece of manipulative pap
53. Secret arrests are a concept Odious to a democratic society, And certainly using facts and figures is an Odious trick
54. Meer was quoted as calling the situation " Odious." The most Odious cabinet member, Chubais, has left the government, He also called Lebed's representatives " Odious."
55. Odious is Odie's superhero identity from "Garfield's Pet Force" children's book series and animated direct-to-video movie
56. Odie/Odious is voiced by Gregg Berger
57. Odious came to be when little dog Odie meet a fictionalized superhero version of himself that gave him the same super-powers he had.
Odious, Odie, Of
58. See 2 authoritative translations of Odious in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
59. Odious late 14c., "hateful, deserving of hatred; hated, regarded with aversion or repugnance," from Anglo-French Odious, from Old French odieus (late 14c., Modern French odieux) or directly from Latin odiosus "hateful, offensive, unpleasant," from odium "hatred" (see odium)
Odious, Of, Or, Old, Odieus, Odieux, Odiosus, Offensive, Odium
60. The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Odious is Tuesday, June 17th, 1879
61. How unique is the name Odious? From 1880 to 2018 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Odious
62. Weird things about the name Odious: The name spelled backwards is Suoido.
63. Odious - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
64. Find 33 ways to say Odious, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
65. Definition of Odious adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
Of, Odious, Oxford
66. This college admissions season, let's end the Odious, racist practice of recommendations I long for a day when my work can speak for itself, when I can simply apply for whatever I want without
67. “Africa's Odious Debts is a path-breaking book that should be read by every student, professional and policymaker concerned with the causes of the region's underdevelopment