1. Stories abound about who first called the # sign an "Octothorpe" (which can also be spelled "octothorp"). Most of those tales link the name to various telephone workers in the 1960s, and all claim the "octo-" part refers to the eight points on the symbol, but …
Octothorpe, Octothorp, Of, Octo, On
2. Octothorpe A sexual position shaped like an actual Octothorpe (#) where 4 people lie on the ground and perform oral sex on each other. Two people lie on their backs facing in opposite directions with their arms stretched above their heads, while two other people lie face down on top placing their arms above their heads and onto the floor.
Octothorpe, On, Oral, Other, Opposite, Onto
3. But Octothorpe still had a clear obligation: What must you do in the con’s aftermath? Ducking a challenge would seem quite pathetic; So would a lie – but here’s proof, quite magnetic: Covered in Weetabix, John in the bath… Our theme music is Fanfare for Space by Kevin MacLeod, used under a CC BY 3.0 license.
Octothorpe, Obligation, Our
4. The uncompromised craftsmanship, innovative technical design and unparalleled elite performance of the Octothorpe create a tactile experience that, until now, were only things of dreams.
Of, Octothorpe, Only
5. IStock The official name of the number sign, the one located at the bottom right hand corner of phone keypads and used to label hashtags on social media, is Octothorpe. Also called a …
Official, Of, One, On, Octothorpe
6. Octothorpe/Carlton Insulated Insert (for Haul Pockets) $ 25.00 ***CLOSED THROUGH MARCH - REOPENING APRIL 1ST 12PM PST*** Custom Octothorpe: Pack Builder from $ 500.00 ***CLOSED THROUGH MARCH - REOPENING APRIL 1ST 12PM PST*** Custom Octo-Haul: Pack Builder Sold Out
Octothorpe, Octo, Out
7. Octothorpe (Noun) A name for the hash or square symbol (#), used mainly in telephony and computing How to pronounce Octothorpe?
8. ("Octo-" refers to the shapes eight lines that stick out of the sides; "-therp" is completely made up.) "Octotherp" morphed into "Octothorpe"—which, rumor has it, came from someone at Bell Labs
Octo, Out, Of, Octotherp, Octothorpe
9. Also called a hash, number sign, or pound sign, the Octothorpe is the typographical symbol "#" (two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, crossed)
10. Matthew is a co-founder of Octothorpe, games industry veteran, programming engineer, and a passionate devotee of all areas where entertainment and interaction intersect
11. (“Octo-” refers to the shapes eight lines that stick out of the sides; “-therp” is completely made up.) “Octotherp” morphed into “Octothorpe” — which, rumor has it, came from someone at Bell Labs changing the name to turn it into a tribute to an olympic athlete …
Octo, Out, Of, Octotherp, Octothorpe, Olympic
12. Octothorpe is just one of a plethora of names for the symbol
Octothorpe, One, Of
13. An intricate, dazzling, high-powered display font Based on Tony Wenman’s font Stripes (released by Letraset in 1972), Octothorpe is a smart typographic tool that lets you design impactful, provocative pieces of digital lettering.
On, Octothorpe, Of
14. Camp #Octothorpe ☎️ See you in 2021! ☎️
15. The name "Octothorpe" was made up by a Bell Labs supervisor, Don Macpherson
16. 1; noun Octothorpe (chiefly US) The hash or square symbol (#), used mainly in telephony and computing
17. Alternative spelling of Octothorpe; References  “octothorp” in The New Oxford American Dictionary, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 2005
Of, Octothorpe, Octothorp, Oxford
18. ‘Common names for an Octothorpe include number sign, hash (most common in the UK), or pound (US standard usage).’ Origin 1970s of uncertain origin; probably from octo- (referring to the eight points on the symbol) + the surname Thorpe.
Octothorpe, Or, Origin, Of, Octo, On
19. Octothorpe \AHK-tuh-thorp\ noun
20. Definition: the symbol # Did You Know? A versatile symbol with many names (among them hash mark, number sign, and pound sign), the Octothorpe has become popularized in hashtags, those words or phrases prefixed by the symbol on Twitter and other social media especially to classify or categorize the accompanying text.
Octothorpe, Or, On, Other
21. The term Octothorpe was coined by engineers at Bell Laboratories in the early 1960s, who wanted a name for one of two non-number function symbols on the first touch-tone keypads the other was the *, which they called a sextile.
Octothorpe, One, Of, On, Other
22. The Octothorpe is the essential symbol in the formation of a hashtag, a marker that allows 140-character tweets to be grouped …
23. The Octothorpe had its beginnings in the early 14th century and is Latin for “pound weight.” During that period of time, it was common practice to add a …
24. #Octothorpe provides a telephone for your convenience
25. An Octothorpe "#" indicates the attribute is a component of the primary identifier for the entity type, and an asterisk "*" means the attribute is mandatory.
26. It is true that the # sign has been called an Octothorpe (or octothorp or octotherp), usually in the context of its use on the telephone keypad
Octothorpe, Or, Octothorp, Octotherp, Of, On
27. Octothorpe is an agile game development studio located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
28. According to a recent Wired piece about the “secret origins” of the hashtag, the slash and the interrobang, a Bell Labs employee called the “pound” sign an Octothorpe – it had eight legs and it so happened he was a fan of baseball player Jim Thorpe.
Origins, Of, Octothorpe
29. Re-emerging with the name of ‘Octothorpe’ and as a part of the process of reanimation one of the tasks performed consisted of adding characters that would complete a broader set fit for today’s standards, made possible thanks to the economy of the digital format.
Of, Octothorpe, One
30. How to say Octothorpe in English? Pronunciation of Octothorpe with 1 audio pronunciation, 1 meaning, 4 translations and more for Octothorpe.
31. This starts with an Octothorpe and consists of 6 hex numbers.: Common names for an Octothorpe include number sign, hash, or pound.: Strings are enclosed in double quotation marks, numbers are not enclosed in anything, and dates and Boolean values are enclosed between Octothorpe characters.
Octothorpe, Of, Or
32. Image at left: From the 1600s, Sir Isaac Newton’s stylized version of the abbreviation “lb,” which was short for the word “libra” in the Roman weight libra pondo, the origin of the Octothorpe …
Of, Origin, Octothorpe
33. HASHTAG Octothorpe Unusual Products For Usual People
34. Octothorpe in a sentence - Use "Octothorpe" in a sentence 1
35. Additionally, the Song Fight ! entries for " What We Need More Of Is Science " by Brody and Octothorpe are two different versions of the same song about Philippe
36. “Octothorpe”, of course, is more or less a joke; and “pound” only makes sense to Americans who can’t write clearly ;-_ Rod on September 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Octothorpe, Of, Or, Only, On
37. Your go-to place for writing of all kinds at ToorCamp2020 Welcome to the site where you can get all the details on #Octothorpe camp's activities, competitions, and parties! We'll have links up as we build them
Of, On, Octothorpe
38. Octothorp is an alternative form of Octothorpe
Octothorp, Of, Octothorpe
39. As nouns the difference between octothorp and Octothorpe is that octothorp is (Octothorpe) while Octothorpe is (chieflyus) the hash or square symbol (), used mainly in telephony and computing.
Octothorp, Octothorpe, Or
40. Octothorpe Plus 20 followers on LinkedIn
Stories abound about who first called the # sign an "octothorpe" (which can also be spelled "octothorp"). Most of those tales link the name to various telephone workers in the 1960s, and all claim the "octo-" part refers to the eight points on the symbol, but the "thorpe" remains a mystery.
What is an Octothorpe? Also called a hash, number sign, or pound sign, the octothorpe is the typographical symbol "#" (two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, crossed). On US QWERTY keyboards, the # symbol appears on the same key as the number 3. It can be typed by holding Shift and pressing the "3" key. Where is the hash key on the keyboard?
Did You Know? Stories abound about who first called the # sign an "octothorpe" (which can also be spelled "octothorp"). Most of those tales link the name to various telephone workers in the 1960s, and all claim the "octo-" part refers to the eight points on the symbol, but the "thorpe" remains a mystery.
Stories abound about who first called the # sign an octothorpe (which can also be spelled octothorp). Most of those tales link the name to various telephone workers in the 1960s, and all claim the octo- part refers to the eight points on the symbol, but the thorpe remains a mystery.