1. How to use Nought in a sentence.
2. Nought - a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number 0, cypher, zero, cipher digit, figure - one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration; "0 and 1 are digits" Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection
Nought, Number, Numeration
3. What does Nought mean? Nought means nothing or none, as in All of my efforts at winning the game were for Nought because I lost badly. Nought also refers to zero
Nought, Nothing, None
4. For example, if your math class is in Room One- Nought -Seven, it is in Room 107.
5. Nought number (ZERO) [ C ] mainly UK (US usually naught) the number 0 or zero: He said it was only worth £10, but really you could add a couple of Noughts to that (= it is really worth £1,000).
Nought, Number, Naught, Noughts
6. Nought's official online store offering a range of high-quality, authentic, Fred Pye approved merchandise
7. Both naught and Nought mean nothing, and in American English they are more or less interchangeable (though naught is the more common spelling)
Naught, Nought, Nothing
8. Elsewhere, they are different. Nought is conventionally used in British English for the number zero—for example:
9. In British English "Nought" is also used
10. The physical constant μ0, (pronounced "mu Nought" or "mu zero") is commonly called the vacuum permeability
11. Can They ESCAPE The Prison in GTA 5? - For MORE GTA 5 Videos, LIKE & Subscribe!💎 Become a Channel Member: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoughtPointFourLIVE/j
12. From Middle English Nought, noght, noȝt, from Old English nōwiht, nāwiht (nay + a + wight), which in turn comes from ne-ā-wiht, which was a phrase used as an emphatic "no", meaning "not a thing"
Nought, Noght, No, Nay, Ne, Not
13. Eventually this was reduced into Nought, nawt and then not.
Nought, Nawt, Not
14. What does Nought mean? Speaking of Nought, it is a spelling variant of the same word.Nought is even more archaic than naught; it has survived basically intact from Middle English and has been in use for at least a thousand years.
15. Grand National punter accidentally added a Nought and bet a ‘crazy’ £200 instead of £20 – then watched his horse romp home netting him £
National, Nought, Netting
16. Nought means nothing, and it also means the digit zero
17. The word Nought is derived from the Old English word nowiht which means nothing.
Nought, Nowiht, Nothing
18. Definition of Nought in the Definitions.net dictionary
19. What does Nought mean? Information and translations of Nought in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions …
20. If the capital letter S were cut into two parts, and the bottom half attached to the top half, it would make a Nought
21. LOISETTE) It was a curious chapter of accidents that brought all these well laid plans to Nought
22. Not (chinnam; katargeo) "Nought" is to be distinguished from "naught" implying "badness" (see NAUGHT).
Not, Nought, Naught
23. Cousin Bess said Nought, but wagged her head, and tare her flannel in twain
24. Hail God and man together in fere.253 For thou hast made all thing of Nought Albeit that thou liest poorly here
25. He took sabbatarianism as a type of the things that should be set at Nought
26. Lady Bountiful, who was bountiful in Nought but reviling, was the person whom I
27. ‘Still, there was Nought he could do, other than fight and survive.’ ‘We must not believe that the triumph of experimental science reduced to Nought the dreams and ideals of the alchemist.’ ‘The driver tried to swerve out of he way but it was for Nought: they hit the other vehicle head on and died in a blaze of fire.’
28. See 2 authoritative translations of Nought in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
29. 'Nought' è un termine alternativo per 'naught', 'zero'
30. 'Nought' is an alternate term for 'naught', 'zero'
31. Nought /nɔːt $ nɒːt/ number 1 British English the number 0 SYN zero A billion is 1 with 9 Noughts after it
Nought, Number, Noughts
32. Nought point one/two/three etc (=0.1,0.2 etc) 2 old use used in some expressions to mean nothing Peace negotiations came to Nought (=were not successful)
Nought, Nothing, Negotiations, Not
33. Examples from the Corpus Nought • But really, all this will come to Nought.
34. Born Frederick Alexander Pye and known as Fred Pye for short, he is a gamer on YouTube with the channel Nought
35. Nought : The numeral "Zero" is also defined as Nought
36. A number produces same value if it is added or subtracted with a Nought, i.e
37. A million is written with six Noughts
38. Nought point one (= written 0.1) I give the programme Nought out of ten for humour
39. This car can accelerate from Nought to sixty in ten seconds.
40. (adverb) Middle English noght, from Old English nÅ wiht, which in turn comes from ne-Å -wiht which was a phrase used as an emphatic no meaning "not a thing".Eventually this degenerated into 'Nought', 'nawt' and then 'not'.
Noght, Ne, No, Not, Nought, Nawt
41. Learner's definition of Nought [count, noncount] British: the number 0: zero
Nought, Noncount, Number
42. One million is a 1 with six Noughts after it
43. (chiefly US, old-fashioned) Alternative spelling of Nought
44. Nought definition: Nought is the number 0
45. The meaning of Nought in the Bible (From International Standard Bible Encyclopedia) not (chinnam; katargeo) "Nought" is to be distinguished from "naught" implying "badness" (see NAUGHT)
Nought, Not, Naught
46. "Nought" in the sense of "nothing," etc., is the translation of chinnam, "gratis" (Genesis 29:15), and of various other words occurring once only, e.g
47. A Nought was a person who was white and treated second-class citizen in the world of the ruling Cross
48. Noughts are not treated as equals, they are normally poorer than crosses, they have different laws and there are places where they aren't allowed.
Noughts, Not, Normally
49. Nought (n., pron.) Middle English, from Old English nowiht "nothing," variant of nawiht (see naught).Meaning "zero, cipher" is from early 15c
Nought, Nowiht, Nothing, Nawiht, Naught
50. Expression for Nought "in vain" is from c
51. To come to Nought is from early 15c
52. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to Nought: but if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
53. What is the definition of Nought? What is the meaning of Nought? How do you use Nought in a sentence? What are synonyms for Nought?
54. Genesis 29:15 View whole chapter See verse in context And Laban said unto Jacob, Because thou art my brother, shouldest thou therefore serve me for Nought? tell me, what shall thy wages be? Deuteronomy 13:17 View whole chapter See verse in context And there shall cleave Nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee
55. ("Nought" is a variant spelling of "naught.") Our efforts to keep the farm came to Nought in the end.
56. Set in a dangerous, alternate world where racism divides society, Noughts + Crosses follows two young people Sephy and Callum, who are divided by their colour but united by love.
57. Find 128 ways to say Nought, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
58. Synonyms for Nought in Free Thesaurus
59. 17 synonyms for Nought: zero, nothing, nil, nothing, zip, slang, nothingness, nada, zilch, bugger all
Nought, Nothing, Nil, Nothingness, Nada
60. Nought venture, Nought have [gain, win]
61. Merry is he that hath Nought to lose
62. Nought is another way of saying zero
63. Sales rose by Nought point four per cent last month
64. All our efforts have come to Nought
65. The Nought-E Food Company is passionate about providing beautiful, delicious, fresh food for you to enjoy! Situated in the heart of York, we create
Synonyms: nought, zip, goose egg, naught, aught, nothing, cipher, nix, zippo, nil, nobody, secret code, nonentity, cryptograph, cypher, zilch, zero point, nada, null.
come to nought To be totally unsuccessful or amount to nothing. ("Nought" is a variant spelling of "naught.") Our efforts to keep the farm came to nought in the end.
Naught is defined as nothing. When you made an effort and it resulted in nothing occurring at all, this is an example of a time when your efforts were for naught.
"Naught" means nothing. So when we read "naught could remove" it means "nothing could remove." This line combines with the line before it in order to make sense. The complete meaning, then, is: The continuing feud between the Montagues and Capulets will only be ended because of the deaths of Romeo and Juliet.