1. Needn't definition is - need not
Needn, Need, Not
2. The first known use of Needn't was in 1778
3. Needn't synonyms, Needn't pronunciation, Needn't translation, English dictionary definition of Needn't
4. Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Need & Needn't'
5. Needn't definition, contraction of need not
Needn, Need, Not
6. Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Needn't & Don't Need'
7. We Needn't swing the bludgeon when bargaining is still on the table
8. We Needn't beat our plowshares into swords so long as we can browbeat or otherwise befuddle our enemy into believing our way is the best way—the only way
9. Thus, we Needn't bloodily and bodily slay a foe when we can startle, stifle, and, when need be, snuff out any flame of resistance to our will.
Need(noun) a state that requires supply or relief; pressing occasion for something; necessity; urgent want. Need(noun) want of the means of subsistence; poverty; indigence; destitution.
1. a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need to go there. 2. a lack of something wanted or deemed necessary: the needs of the poor. 3. urgent want, as of something requisite: They have need of your charity. 4. necessity arising from existing circumstances: There is need for caution now.
Definition of need. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : necessary duty : obligation no need to apologize the need to pay taxes— Peter Scott. 2a : a lack of something requisite, desirable, or useful a building adequate for the company's needs. b : a physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism health and education needs.
A need is an essential requirement or a necessity whereas a want is a desire. The fulfilment of needs is essential for one’s survival whereas fulfilment of wants is not essential for one’s survival. This is the main difference between needs and wants.