1. Moribund is still sometimes used in its original literal sense of "approaching death", but it's much more often used to describe things. When the economy goes bad, we hear about Moribund mills and factories and towns; the economy itself may even be called Moribund.
Moribund, Much, More, Mills, May
2. Moribund definition, in a dying state; near death: He arrived at the hospital Moribund, and passed away a few hours later
3. Moribund synonyms, Moribund pronunciation, Moribund translation, English dictionary definition of Moribund
4. On the verge of becoming obsolete: Moribund customs; a Moribund way of life
5. That is not active or successful: The figures show a Moribund remortgage market
6. (Definition of Moribund from the Cambridge Business English …
7. 23 synonyms of Moribund from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 63 related words, definitions, and antonyms
8. The definition of Moribund is someone or something that is near death or that is lacking in life and vitality. An example of Moribund is a description you would use for someone who is on his death bed …
9. Find 16 ways to say Moribund, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
10. ENTER INTO THE CULT!!!! ENTER INTO THE CULT!!! ©2020 Moribund Cult Records, All Rights Reserved.
11. Moribund is a terminal world of philanthropy, faith, and deserts
12. Moribund (plural Moribunds) A person who is near to dying.
13. Moribund means "near death," but it can also mean something that is coming to an end, nearly obsolete, or stagnant
Moribund, Means, Mean
14. For example, as streaming videos over the Internet becomes a more and more popular way to watch movies and television shows, the DVD has become a Moribund medium.
More, Movies, Moribund, Medium
15. Moribund (adj.) 1721, "about to die, in a dying state," from French Moribund (16c.), from Latin Moribundus "dying, at the point of death," from mori "to die," from PIE root *mer- "to rub away, harm" (also "to die" and forming words referring to death and to beings subject to death)
Moribund, Moribundus, Mori, Mer
16. Moribund: ( mōr'i-bŭnd ), Dying; at the point of death
17. Moribund is an adjective that is usually used to describe something that is stagnant, something that is short on vitality, something in the decline
18. The word Moribund may also be used to mean near death
Moribund, May, Mean
19. The adverb form is Moribundly, the noun form is Moribundity.The word Moribund is derived from the Latin word Moribundus, which means near death, dying.
Moribundly, Moribundity, Moribund, Moribundus, Means
20. PRE-ORDER Moribund RELEASES!: - CARNAL SAVAGERY "Fiendish" CD - MALAMORTE "Mass Cult Suicide" CD - JUDAS ISCARIOT "The Cold Earth Slept Below" CD - JUDAS ISCARIOT "Thy Dying Light" Enhanced CD - XASTHUR "To Violate The Oblivious" CD
Moribund, Malamorte, Mass
21. NEW Moribund RELEASES NOW SHIPPING!: - AZAGHAL "Perkeleen Luoma + Kyy" CD Re-issue
22. An endangered language or Moribund language is a language that is at risk of disappearing as its speakers die out or shift to speaking other languages. Language loss occurs when the language has no more native speakers and becomes a " dead language "
23. Examples of Moribund in a sentence Because the wounded man has lost a great deal of blood, he is Moribund and probably will not make it through the night. 🔊 My Moribund computer is more than likely going to stop working at any second
Moribund, Man, Make, My, More
24. (formal) Con el acenso de las computadoras en el siglo XXI, muchos sectores se han vuelto Moribundos
25. With the rise of computers in the 21st century, many industries have become Moribund.
26. Adjective If you describe something as Moribund, you mean that it is in a very bad condition.
27. Definition of Moribund in the Definitions.net dictionary
28. What does Moribund mean? Information and translations of Moribund in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Moribund, Mean, Most
29. Moribund is a local multiplayer game that takes place in a post apocalyptic world where a highly aggressive fungus strain has devoured most of the life
Moribund, Multiplayer, Most
30. Definition of Moribund in the Fine Dictionary
31. Meaning of Moribund with illustrations and photos
32. Pronunciation of Moribund and its etymology
33. Related words - Moribund synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms
34. Example sentences containing Moribund
35. ‘A Moribund economy and the decline of traditionally unionized industries eroded the base of the labor movement.’ ‘Many investment managers feel stock markets have been Moribund for so long that the odds favour a gradual improvement over the next few years.’
Moribund, Movement, Many, Managers, Markets
36. • The Board is trying to stimulate the Moribund economy
37. • As seasons passed, the priest could account for only eleven baptized people, Moribund infants all
38. • And with all of this expansion under way, companies have virtually no incentive to revive Moribund refineries
39. Origin Moribund (1700-1800) Latin Moribundus, from mori “ to die ”
Moribund, Moribundus, Mori
40. Moribund RECORDS - EXTREME METAL LABEL AND DISTRO
41. Moribund means to be in the state of dying or approaching death
42. We found 4 answers for the crossword clue Moribund
43. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Moribund yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
44. One Moribund duckling was found near loose dogs and presumably was killed by them
45. Branch networks are Moribund expensive luxuries, yet customers like branches
46. Despite the momentum toward recovery, the baht is fragile and the stock market Moribund
Momentum, Market, Moribund
47. Far from being Moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith.
Moribund, Mohammedanism, Militant
48. Latin: ·dative masculine singular of Moribundus· dative neuter singular of Moribundus· ablative masculine singular of Moribundus ablative neuter singular of Moribundus·Moribund (approaching death) Synonym: morrente
Masculine, Moribundus, Moribund, Morrente
49. "Moribund is a little bit Throne of Glass[and] a little bit Buffy all the elements of a great YA adventure are there: first love, coming of age, and battling the dark Fae in a sparkly prom dress
50. The region's heavy industry is still inefficient and Moribund
51. The Moribund Post Office Advisory Board was replaced
52. The patient was Moribund by the time the doctor arrived
53. Definition of Moribund adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
54. Moribund was the shopkeeper of Moribund's, in Knockturn Alley
55. This allows Moribund to have a select customer market
56. As the forebear of shopkeeper Garrick Ollivander did in the case of Ollivanders, Moribund chose to give his
57. ∎ (of a thing) in terminal decline; lacking vitality or vigor: the Moribund commercial property market
58. Moribund is a local multiplayer game that takes place in a post apocalyptic world where a highly aggressive fungus strain has devoured most of the life
Moribund, Multiplayer, Most
59. See authoritative translations of Moribund in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
60. Moribund refers to the act of dying
61. What fun! Morbid and Moribund are both dark and popular around Halloween, but if you dig up their graves, you'll find their Latin bones are different: Morbid comes from morbus, for disease, while Moribund comes from morī, for dying.
Morbid, Moribund, Morbus, Mor
62. Moribund (271593001) Recent clinical studies
63. A risk prediction model for mortality in the Moribund general surgical patient
Model, Mortality, Moribund
64. The Moribund Portal: Spectral Resonance and the Numen of the Gallows examines the subtle yet potent symbiosis that exists between the incarnate world and the realm of the Dead
65. Synonyms: Moribund; stagnant Similar: adynamic; undynamic (characterized by an absence of force or forcefulness)
66. Context example: a Moribund patient
67. Address: Moribund Records 9980 Fairview Lake Rd SW Port Orchard WA 98367 USA Phone: 360.876.4801 Fax: 360.876.0471 E
68. The Moribund Gauntlets are legendary gloves in Diablo III, added in patch 2.6.0
69. Moribund Gauntlets Legendary Gloves 144–168 Armor Death is the state that unites
70. Synonyms for Moribund in Free Thesaurus
71. 12 synonyms for Moribund: declining, weak, waning, standing still, stagnant, stagnating, on the way out, at a standstill, obsolescent, on its last legs
72. What are synonyms for Moribund?
Examples of Moribund in a sentence Because the wounded man has lost a great deal of blood, he is moribund and probably will not make it through the night. 🔊 My moribund computer is more than likely going to stop working at any second. 🔊
Moribund. For something to be described as moribund it must have ceased to be useful, in the act of dying, or close to be obsolete. The noun form is moribundity. It comes from the Latin moribundus with the same meaning. Unlike morbid, which comes from the Latin morbidus or diseased.
For something to be described as moribund it must have ceased to be useful, in the act of dying, or close to be obsolete. The noun form is moribundity.