1. Modesty definition is - the quality of not being too proud or confident about yourself or your abilities
2. How to use Modesty in a sentence.
3. Reserve or propriety in speech, dress, or behavior: Modesty prevented her …
4. Modesty is defined as the act of showing reserve in behavior or clothes
5. An example of Modesty is when you are a great violin player and you simply say "I enjoy playing" when someone asks you if you are …
6. “Modesty” must be one of the most abused words in the Christianese dialect
Modesty, Must, Most
7. The idea of Modesty has been almost exclusively attached to women’s dress, narrowing in definition to mean “showing less skin and trying to prevent sexual arousal in those looking on.”
8. In the first case, you should respect Modesty, indulging it as pride and a strong work ethic, even if you choose to ultimately ignore such protests
9. Like so many things, Modesty is not so much a matter of skin, but of the heart
Many, Modesty, Much, Matter
10. Modesty generally refers to decent, unassuming behavior
11. Modesty: the absence of any feelings of being better than others
12. Modesty is an unpleasant subject to discuss and sometimes embarrassing both to the teacher and to the audience
13. Modesty noun [U] (CORRECTNESS) correct or socially acceptable behavior and clothes, representing traditional cultural values: Modesty is expected in the dorms as well as in the classrooms
14. “Women, Modesty means you have beauty and power
15. And you use that to teach men how to love you for the right reasons.” Jason Evert “Perfect humility dispenses with Modesty.” C.S
16. Modesty is a virtue necessary for purity
17. Urban Modesty has been the global trendsetter for trendy abayas, open front abayas, maxi cardigans, dusters, salah outfits, hijabs, and underscarves.
18. They go on to give this definition of Modesty, “Modesty is an inner attitude of the heart motivated by a love for God that seeks his glory through purity and humility; it often reveals itself in words, actions, expressions, and clothes” (17)
19. When we talk about Modesty we need to speak as cardiologist rather than fashion police.
20. The way a woman carries herself and the way she dresses ought to promote the following types of words: Modesty, discretion, wisdom, beauty, elegance and refinement, but not sensuality, luxury, extravagance.
21. Modesty The virtue that moderates all the internal and external movements and appearance of a person according to his or her endowments, possessions, and station in life
Modesty, Moderates, Movements
22. Modesty panel, lace, cleavage cover,décolletage cover,post surgery cover,black Modesty panel, lace Modesty bib, plus size,chest cover NonasStore
23. Add to Favorites Black Flowers Modesty Panel Quality Stretch Lace Fabric
24. Modesty (n.) 1530s, "freedom from exaggeration, self-control," from French modestie or directly from Latin modestia "moderation, sense of honor, correctness of conduct," from modestus "moderate, keeping due measure, sober, gentle, temperate," from modus "measure, manner" (from PIE root *med- "take appropriate measures").
Modesty, Modestie, Modestia, Moderation, Modestus, Moderate, Measure, Modus, Manner, Med, Measures
25. What does the Bible say about Modesty? Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with Modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works
26. Modesty in dress and behavior allows us to interact with the world in truly powerful ways, as our inner selves come to fore
27. Thus Modesty does not mean a denial of self, nor does it force us into hiding
28. Modesty (also called demureness or reticence) is the term for certain norms of behaviour, clothing and habits a society expects from its people
29. Excessive Modesty is sometimes called prudery.
30. Is Modesty in dress an end in of itself, or is it a means to achieve another quality? Maimonides, the Laws of Relationships 13:11
Modesty, Means, Maimonides
31. Everywhere, however, Modesty exists as an intuition of the spiritual dignity proper to man
32. Teaching Modesty to children and adolescents means awakening in them respect for the human person
33. More importantly, Modesty is a virtue that encompasses much more than clothing choices:
More, Modesty, Much
34. ‘‘The idea is that your Modesty in dress and behavior is a passport to public space,’ he said.’ ‘But faith in the classical virtues of decorum and Modesty remained with him until his death.’
35. Modesty is a human characteristic which may alternately be viewed as a virtue or a weakness
36. There are several definitions for Modesty in most dictionaries; it is most often rendered as humility, shyness, or simplicity.
37. Modesty is the art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it.
38. Modesty panel, black lace, cleavage cover, décolletage cover , Modesty bib, post surgery cover,lace,plus size, mock camisole,chest cover NonasStore
39. Add to Favorites Reversible Neckline Insert - Blue Ditsy Daisies / White Solid - Modesty Panel - Cami Cover - Instant Camisole
40. Tzniut includes a group of Jewish laws concerned with Modesty of both dress and behavior
41. Modesty is a sensitive subject that needs to be taught year by year as styles change and bodies change
42. Martha and Kent use their diverse experiences and perspectives to carefully apply the Bible's teaching on the heart of Modesty
43. Modesty: The state or quality of being moderate in the estimation of one's own abilities, accomplishments, or value.
44. If someone, especially a woman, shows Modesty, they dress and behave in a way that is intended to avoid causing sexual feelings in other people
45. There were shrieks of embarrassment as the girls struggled to protect their Modesty
46. Synonyms: decorum, virtue, decency, delicacy More Synonyms of Modesty COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
47. Modesty meaning, definition, what is Modesty: a modest way of behaving or talking: Learn more.
Modesty, Meaning, Modest, More
48. Modesty for girls: knowing where to draw the line can be tricky, but Tommy Nelson Mommy Shannon McAvoy has some Modesty tips every parent can use
Modesty, Mommy, Mcavoy
49. When it comes to Modesty for girls, sometimes it’s hard to know as a parent exactly where to draw the line
50. False Modesty A vain or hypocritical pretense of holding a low or humble opinion of oneself, one's abilities, or one's circumstance so as to encourage others to say the opposite
51. There's no need for that false Modesty here; you are fully aware of your success and achievement, and you don't need me to reaffirm it for you
52. I find her false Modesty quite
53. The term 'Modesty' comes from the Latin 'modus', which means measure
Modesty, Modus, Means, Measure
54. Thus Modesty amounts to showing restraint in the appreciation of oneself and of one's qualities
55. In literature, Modesty is unpretentiousness in the expression of feelings.
56. Modesty Origin and Meaning The name Modesty is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "Modesty"
57. Modesty is a virtue name dating to Roman times, but never widely used, except for hot 1960s movie spoof heroine, Modesty Blaise, based on a comic strip.
58. Definition of Modesty noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
59. Definition of Modesty written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
60. Modesty - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
61. Modesty is such a weird topic to touch on and it can also be a touchy topic
62. Islam’s code of Modesty extends to all aspects of one’s life, including attire
63. This brochure explores the different dimensions hijab brings to the lives of women and the responsibility men and women share in upholding Modesty in
64. Blessings Associated with Modesty
65. One of the foremost blessings associated with Modesty is an increased sense of confidence
66. One sister shares the story of a friend who learned—and was blessed by—the principle of Modesty in the course of learning about the gospel: “Several summers ago, a colleague attended church with me.
modesty (noun) · modesties (plural noun)
The meaning of Modesty is "modest". It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "moderate, sober". Modesty is generally used as a girl's name. It consists of 7 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Mo-des-ty.
To be modest is to be unpretentious or to have an accurate estimation of oneself. Modesty does not only concern women, and it doesn't only have to do with revealing clothes. It means much more, and certainly not less, than dressing appropriately.
First and foremost, a biblical definition of modesty must focus on the heart. Biblical modesty is primarily about our motivations. In addition, modest dress is also about discernment, having an awareness of others and our environment.
What does "modesty becomes you" mean? It refers to the beauty of a humble spirit and and the insinuated peaceful beauty that living within an "unimbtoidrred, unembelished" manner can actually beautify the person who so lives their lives.