1. Mien definition is - air or bearing especially as expressive of attitude or personality : demeanor
2. Did You Know? Synonym Discussion of Mien.
3. Noun air, bearing, or demeanor, as showing character, feeling, etc.: a man of noble Mien.
4. Bearing or manner, especially as it reveals an inner state of mind: a colonel with an imperious Mien
Manner, Mind, Mien
5. Some common synonyms of Mien are bearing, carriage, demeanor, deportment, and manner
6. While all these words mean "the outward manifestation of personality or attitude," Mien is a literary term referring both to bearing and demeanor
Mean, Manifestation, Mien
7. A Mien of supreme self-satisfaction When is it …
8. Mien, also spelled Mian, also called Iu Mien, (in China) Yao, (in Vietnam) Dao, Zao, or Man, peoples of southern China and Southeast Asia
Mien, Mian, Man
9. The priest of Nicaragua with solemn Mien strides up the aisle and lights the altar candles with the fire struck from his cigar
10. He rose too, and across the table he confronted his guest, his Mien haughty, his eyes imperious.
11. Mien is sustainably and ethically made in Los Angeles
12. The Mien minority tribe is also known as "Yao." Considering their population in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and China, they become one of the largest ethnic groups in Asia
13. That is excepting the more than 20,000 Mien populations living in the United States.
14. Mien Mei's reply was that although the earth was round, the middle land where the sages were born was situated on the "face" (Mien, front side) of the earth
Mien, Mei, Middle
15. Mien (feminine singular Mienne, masculine plural Miens, feminine plural Miennes)
Mien, Mienne, Masculine, Miens, Miennes
16. What does Mien mean? The definition of Mien is your manner, how your conduct yourself and your outlook
Mien, Mean, Manner
17. Definition of Mien manner or conduct especially indicating one's mood or character Examples of Mien in a sentence When I saw his downcast face and gloomy Mien, I knew he hadn’t gotten the promotion
Mien, Manner, Mood
18. Iu Mien is a tonal language with six observed tonemes
19. In the Iu Mien United Script (the language's most common writing system), tones are not marked with diacritics; rather, a word's tone is indicated by a special marker letter at the end of the word
Mien, Most, Marked, Marker
20. Mien: 1 n a person's appearance, manner, or demeanor Synonyms: bearing , comportment , presence Types: dignity , gravitas , lordliness formality in bearing and appearance Type of: manner , personal manner a way of acting or behaving
21. Men and women both say le Mien in reference to travail, and la Mienne when talking about their voiture, because travail is masculine and voiture is feminine
Men, Mien, Mienne, Masculine
22. ‘The angry Mien faded from Walter, and confusion set in.’ ‘She's relaxed and friendly, and it's easy to slip into casual conversation and away from the professional Mien if one is not paying attention.’
23. ‘So, assuming the Mien of a lion, I sit in the open, hiding my coward's heart.’ ‘And the traces of this absurdity are visible in the Mien of our politicians.’ ‘If I could finally hone the Mien, I could probably pass for a member of the golf club.’
Mien, My, Member
24. Someone's Mien is their general appearance and manner, especially the expression on their face, which shows what they are feeling or thinking.
25. Synonyms for Mien in Free Thesaurus
26. 26 synonyms for Mien: demeanour, look, air, bearing, appearance, aspect, presence, manner, carriage, aura
27. I have been overindulging on the lo Mien life that I am now trying the Miracle Noodle and it is just as terrific!!! Have you ever tried this plant base noodle, it is great, using your recipes! Thank you again!! Reply
28. Of course all meals come with a side of rice, chow Mien, and your choice of an egg roll or soup
29. So, assuming the Mien of a lion, I sit in the open, hiding my coward's heart
30. Open champion or not, he has the dignity of a true champion, the Mien of a monarch.
31. English Translation of “Mien” The official Collins French-English Dictionary online
32. He was a Vietnam veteran with a haunted Mien
33. His aristocratic Mien and smart clothes singled him out
34. I was impressed by her calm Mien
35. It was impossible to tell from his Mien whether he was offended
36. Pho Mien Bac Art 2, Northern Vietnamese Pho, Asian Food Art, Giclee Print, Fine Art Paper Print, Home and Kitchen Decor for the Food Lover
37. Favorite Add to Iu Mien Hats, 5 Pack, JPG, PNG, SVG, Digital Download
38. TRNK Editions presents Mien - a cross-section of queer artists of color who leverage portraiture photography to explore identity beyond visibility
39. Few more Mien song to enjoy,, and thanks for watching like always,,,
40. Rocket Recordings are pleased to reveal the self-titled debut album by Mien, the exciting new four piece band comprised of The Black Angels’ Alex Maas, The Horrors’ Tom Furse, Elephant Stone’s Rishi Dhir and The Earlies’ John-Mark Lapham.
Mien, Maas, Mark
41. Miens synonyms, Miens pronunciation, Miens translation, English dictionary definition of Miens
42. A person’s look or bearing: a woman of regal Mien Not to be confused with: mean – intend: What do you mean?; signify, indicate, imply; malicious: a mean
Mien, Mean, Malicious
43. Mien (Japanese: ミーン Mīn Meen or Mean) is a inhabitant from Papaya Island who feels broken hearted about her bad past and wanted to forget about the Island
Mien, Meen, Mean
44. Mien translation in French - English Reverso dictionary, see also 'mie',mine',MIN',mirent', examples, definition, conjugation
Mien, Mie, Mine, Min, Mirent
45. How to say Mien in English? Pronunciation of Mien with 4 audio pronunciations, 10 synonyms, 1 meaning, 1 sentence and more for Mien.
Mien, Meaning, More
46. Mien - find the meaning, anagrams and hook words with Mien and much more.
Mien, Meaning, Much, More
47. Definition of Mien written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
48. Mien or Fae Mien is a changeling or other fae’s true form, which is concealed by the mask
49. A changeling’s Mien almost never changes so far from the changeling’s original form to make them unrecognizable
50. The Mien were forced to flee to Thailand, where they were confined in border camps with inadequate shelter, sanitation and food
51. From 1976 to 1979, the first wave of Mien arrived in the United States.
52. Definition of Mien in the Definitions.net dictionary
53. Information and translations of Mien in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
54. Mien (n.) "a person's facial expression," 1510s, probably a shortening of Middle English demean "bearing, demeanor" (see demeanor) and influenced by French mine "appearance, facial expression," which is of unknown origin, possibly Celtic (compare Breton …
Mien, Middle, Mine
55. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Mien on …
56. The dogs got nothing, though they watched with wistful Mien from a distance, sitting up in the snow, their tails curled around their paws.
57. Gluten as a unique food ingredient was discovered by Chinese noodle makers around the 6th century, and by the 11th was known as Mien chin, or the “muscle of flour.”
Makers, Mien, Muscle
58. Antonyms for Mien include honesty, movement, reality, truth, verity, exactness, truthfulness, sincerity, authenticity and truism
mien (noun) · miens (plural noun)
bearing, deportment, demeanor, mien, manner, carriage mean the outward manifestation of personality or attitude. Did You Know? Like its synonyms bearing and demeanor, mien means the outward manifestation of personality or attitude.
Demeanor suggests attitude expressed through outward behavior in the presence of others; for example, "the manager's professional demeanor." Mien is a somewhat literary term referring to both bearing and demeanor. "A mien of supreme self-satisfaction" is a typical use. Mien and demeanor are also linked through etymology.
Some common synonyms of mien are bearing, carriage, demeanor, deportment, and manner. While all these words mean "the outward manifestation of personality or attitude," mien is a literary term referring both to bearing and demeanor. When is it sensible to use bearing instead of mien?
n. air, bearing, or demeanor, as showing character, feeling, etc.: a person of noble mien. Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved. 1. 1. Behavior through which one reveals one's personality: