See also: Metaphorically Metaphoric Metaphoricity Metaphorical Metaphor Metaphysics Metamorphose Metabolism Metamorphosis Metaphysical Metastatic Metaphrase Metaphysician Metallic Metastasize Metachrosis Metacognitive Metadata Meta Metatarsus Metabolismo Metastasized Metamorphic Metanoia Metallurgy Metagaming
1. 5 synonyms of Metaphoric from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 9 related words, definitions, and antonyms
2. Find another word for Metaphoric
3. Metaphoric: expressing one thing in terms normally used for another
4. Synonyms: extended, figural, figurative… Antonyms: nonfigurative, nonMetaphorical…
5. Something Metaphoric is figurative or symbolic — in other words, it's a metaphor
6. Your mom might use the Metaphoric phrase "disaster area" when she talks about your bedroom. Metaphoric speech or writing emphasizes the similarities between two fundamentally different things, by having one stand for, or represent, the other.
Mom, Might, Metaphoric
7. Adjective involving, invoking, or intended to be taken as a metaphor, something used symbolically to represent something else, suggesting a comparison or resemblance: Our foreign policy blunder has given the insurgents a Metaphorical green light to engage in …
8. Metaphoric Pictures, a movie production company located in Hanover, MA
Metaphoric, Movie, Ma
9. Metaphoric strength of expression will burst even from vulgar and illiterate minds when they are agitated
10. ORIGINAL SONNETS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS; AND ODES PARAPHRASED FROM HORACE ANNA SEWARD He did not, however, go to the extreme of neglecting Jewish observance on the strength of Metaphoric interpretation.
11. A Metaphorical ocean (= extremely large area of disagreement) lies between the two groups
12. There is a danger that America's Metaphoric " war on drugs " may turn into a bloody reality
13. In a nutshell, the Metaphoric mind is the sort of intuitive, preconscious, "right brained" counterpart to our rationale, logical, "left brain." Some of the material is dated (see Robert Ornstein's _The_Right_Mind_) in terms of the physiological basis for the Metaphoric mind.
Metaphoric, Mind, Material
14. There is no difference between Metaphoric and Metaphorical, but the latter is more common than the former
Metaphoric, Metaphorical, More
15. Unlike similar word pairs such as historic–historical and economic–economical, Metaphoric and Metaphorical have not undergone differentiation.
16. What does Metaphoric mean? Like a metaphor
Metaphoric, Mean, Metaphor
17. Synonyms for Metaphoric include extended, figural, figurative, tropical, tropological, Metaphorical, symbolic, allegorical, parabolic and emblematic
18. Find 9 ways to say MetaphoricAL, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
19. Greek metaphorikos meant "apt at metaphors." Related: Metaphorical (1550s) "of or characterized by metaphor;" Metaphorically.
Metaphorikos, Meant, Metaphors, Metaphorical, Metaphor, Metaphorically
20. Metaphorically Sentence Examples Meanwhile the name of El Dorado came to be used Metaphorically of any place where wealth could be rapidly acquired
21. Cleanliness is not next to godliness; in Metaphoric terms at least, it is godliness.
22. And the fourth is usually described as a Metaphoric reference to the setting of the sun, the end of one's day on earth.
23. Metaphoric associative cards are the most powerful tool for working with the subconscious
24. Context example: Metaphoric language
25. Metaphoric associative cards, The Image of A Man deck, psychology gift, portrait deck, archetypes, for him, therapy tool, coaching cards BrainUkraine
26. 5 out of 5 stars (35) $ 54.99 FREE shipping Favorite Add to TAN DOO deck, Metaphoric associative cards, for her, relationship oracle, about love, gift for a couple, St
27. Although Metaphoric Criticism was a part of neo-classical criticism, its focus was on the ways in which speakers utilized the metaphor stylistically
28. The modern Metaphoric critic, however, “believes metaphors are more than superficial ornamentation: they are the means by which arguments are expressed” (Burgchardt, 2010).
Modern, Metaphoric, Metaphors, More, Means
29. To address this gap, we explored the role that Metaphoric gestures play in perceiving FL speech sounds that varied on two dimensions: …
30. Metaphoric Representation View set forth by Lakoff, but can be evaluated indepen-dently.2 1.1
31. The Metaphoric Structuring View The Metaphoric Structuring …
32. Metaphoric translate: métaphorique
33. Definition of Metaphoric in the Definitions.net dictionary
34. What does Metaphoric mean? Information and translations of Metaphoric in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Metaphoric, Mean, Most
35. Metaphoric process, in contrast, "equates a known concept [in one field of meanings] with another known [concept in a separate field of meanings] thereby forcing the two different concepts to be isomorphic on a new field of meanings." (21) This process creates a new connection between these previously disassociated fields of meanings in a
36. The ability to understand Metaphoric language opens the key to poetry of tremendous beauty.
37. The Parasitic Frog: By Sharing Courage, Love, and Hope, We Find a Future Never Imagined (Inspiring, Metaphoric, and Psychedelic Stories of Oopy Loopy Provenance Book 1) - Kindle edition by Scott, Cory B.
38. Metaphoric Cards – An effective tool in therapy Dr
39. Ofra Ayalon & Bibi Siso-Ayalon Nord Center the Israeli Center for the promotion of “Metaphoric Cards” in therapy www.nordcards.com
40. See authoritative translations of Metaphoric in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
41. Gerhart and Russell described how the Metaphoric process effects such cognitive changes within a person's Weltanschauung, which is an interconnected network of one's known concepts (nodes)
42. New maps for the journey: Metaphoric process in ecumenical theology
43. Synonyms for Metaphoric in Free Thesaurus
44. 1 synonym for Metaphoric: Metaphorical
45. What are synonyms for Metaphoric?
46. Metaphoric definition in English dictionary, Metaphoric meaning, synonyms, see also 'Metaphorical',metaphor',Metaphorically',metamorphic'
Metaphoric, Meaning, Metaphorical, Metaphor, Metaphorically, Metamorphic
47. Shop for Metaphoric art from the world's greatest living artists
48. All Metaphoric artwork ships within 48 hours and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee
49. Choose your favorite Metaphoric designs and purchase them as wall art, home decor, phone cases, tote bags, and more!
50. Metaphoric criticism begins with the comparison
51. Metaphoric_architect, Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh
52. Browse 751,090 Metaphoric stock photos and images available, or search for change or abstract to find more great stock photos and pictures
53. Using metaphors and Metaphoric stories is a helpful technique that has the power to evoke images.
54. New book information [CAL14] Cognition and language / Semantics / Syntax / Theoretical linguistics Frames and Constructions in Metaphoric Language Karen Sullivan University of Queensland Frames and constructions in Metaphoric language shows how linguistic metaphor piggybacks on certain patterns of constructional meaning that have already been identified and studied in non-Metaphoric language.
Metaphoric, Metaphor, Meaning
55. Metaphoric criticism looks at rhetorical artifacts through the use of metaphor
56. “Metaphoric criticism is not a unified method; rather, it is a perspective that places metaphors at the heart of rhetorical action.
Metaphoric, Method, Metaphors
57. The Western New Mexico University art collection continues expanding, largely thanks to the New Mexico Art in Public Places Purchase Initiative, with a recent addition being “Linear and Metaphoric…
Metaphorically speaking means that someone is talking of a certain situation or describing something in a way that is not physically possible.
The synonyms and related words of "Metaphorically" are: figurative, rhetorical, poetic, rhyme, metonymy, lyric, language, epic, analogy, sonnet, meaning, ode, verse, assonant, literate, similarity, epigram, poem, opus, read, poetics, afflatus, simile, quatrain, grammarian, idiom, stanza, linguistic, sentence, syntax
Definition of 'metaphorical'. metaphorical. You use the word metaphorical to indicate that you are not using words with their ordinary meaning, but are describing something by means of an image or symbol.
To give you a starting point, here are some examples of common metaphors: “Bill is an early bird.” “Life is a highway.” “Her eyes were diamonds.”