1. The history of Maudlin owes as much to the Bible as to the barroom
2. Effusively sad or full of self-pity; extremely sentimental: "displayed an almost Maudlin concern for the welfare of animals" (Aldous Huxley)
3. Tearfully or weakly emotional; foolishly sentimental: a Maudlin story of a little orphan and her lost dog
4. 23 synonyms of Maudlin from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 20 related words, definitions, and antonyms
5. Maudlin: appealing to the emotions in an obvious and tiresome way
6. The definition of Maudlin is someone who is overly sentimental, often in a tearful way or as a result of consuming alcohol
7. An example of someone who would be described as Maudlin is a person who has …
8. Maudlin Given its diegetic context and its potentially Maudlin terms, the vehemence of the chorus' expression struck us as noteworthy
9. From the Cambridge English Corpus The text, a curious amalgam of the beautiful and the Maudlin, …
10. The word Maudlin suggests the idea of being ready to weep unnecessarily
11. STORIES THAT WORDS TELL US ELIZABETH O'NEILL It's your Maudlin gospel-millers who get scared at the chance of kicking
12. Maudlin Manufacturing Services Maudlin Products offers a full shim product line which includes slotted shims, coil shim stock, tool wrap, feeler gage, and other shim related items
13. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Maudlin Valley Enterprises at 6479 East State Road 60, New Pekin, IN 47165
14. Maudlin Products Starting in 1938, Maudlin & Son Manufacturing in Houston, TX, was built on a commitment to quality, craftsmanship, and meeting the most demanding industrial requirements
Maudlin, Manufacturing, Meeting, Most
15. With over 70 years of manufacturing experience, Maudlin is unparalleled in providing affordable, high quality products to satisfy the most unique requirements.
Manufacturing, Maudlin, Most
16. Shim Products - Maudlin Products Slotted Leveling Shim Products are used for shaft alignment of rotating equipment
17. Maudlin Trucks, LLC is located in Orlando, FL, United States and is part of the Automobile Dealers Industry
18. Maudlin Trucks, LLC has 47 total employees across all of its locations and generates $22.60 million in sales (USD).
19. Talking or behaving in a sad, silly, and emotional way, especially when drunk get/grow/become Maudlin Sir Ralph was becoming Maudlin after his third glass of claret
20. 2 a Maudlin song, story, film etc tries too hard to make people feel emotions such as love or sadness and seems silly a song that is tender without being Maudlin Examples from the Corpus Maudlin • Nearing Birmingham, Crilly grows Maudlin.
21. If you describe someone as Maudlin, you mean that they are being sad and sentimental in a foolish way, perhaps because of drinking alcohol
22. Jimmy turned Maudlin after three drinks.
23. Maudlin: 1 adj effusively or insincerely emotional “ Maudlin expressions of sympathy” Synonyms: bathetic , drippy , hokey , kitschy , mawkish , mushy , schmaltzy
Maudlin, Mawkish, Mushy
24. ‘Never Maudlin, never cloying, the story is that of a judo champion struck down in a road accident and almost overnight becoming a paraplegic in a wheelchair.’ ‘Depending on your mood, you'll enjoy it as a sobbing tearjerker or loathe its sugary, contrived and Maudlin morality laid on with a trowel.’
Maudlin, Mood, Morality
25. Maudlin means "excessively sentimental"
26. It may also refer to: Maudlin, Cornwall; Maudlin, West Sussex; Maudlin Castle, Kilkenny, Ireland; Tim Maudlin, philosopher of
27. Maudlin Name Meaning English: from the Middle English vernacular form, Maudeleyn, of the New Testament Greek personal name Magdalene.
Maudlin, Meaning, Middle, Maudeleyn, Magdalene
28. Early Origins of the Maudlin family
29. The surname Maudlin was first found in Oxfordshire, where the Maudlin family was anciently seated as Lords of the Manor.The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066; the language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed.
30. Tim William Eric Maudlin (born April 23, 1958) is an American philosopher of science who has done influential work on the metaphysical foundations of physics and logic Education and career
31. Maudlin graduated from Sidwell Friends School, Washington, D.C
32. Join Facebook to connect with Jacinda Maudlin and others you may know
33. The word Maudlin (67), and the complicated mixed metaphor in which the gilded toy of line 68 apparently becomes a sweetmeat in 69, suggest that Shelley is subtly alluding to the Prince of Wales's sentimental love affair with the twice-widowed Maria Fitzherbert (1756-1837), a Roman Catholic whom he could not wed legally without forfeiting the crown.
Maudlin, Mixed, Metaphor, Maria
34. ‘a Maudlin ballad’ ‘He is by turns violent, sentimental, Maudlin, self-pitying, and sadistic, and has a fine line in rhetoric.’ ‘I spent the day under a cloud of self-pity and Maudlin nostalgia.’
35. Word History The word Maudlin can be traced back to the name of a town in ancient Palestine, Magdala
36. But the meaning of Maudlin is associated with a person in the Christian Bible
37. Definition of Maudlin adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
38. Never Maudlin, never cloying, the story is that of a judo champion struck down in a road accident and almost overnight becoming a paraplegic in a wheelchair
39. There is a great deal of humor that keeps the tale from becoming too saccharine or Maudlin , but the …
40. Maudlin International Trucks provides new and used truck sales, parts, service, body repair, full service leasing and finance leasing
41. Synonyms for Maudlin in Free Thesaurus
42. 39 synonyms for Maudlin: sentimental, tearful, mushy, soppy, weepy, slushy, mawkish, lachrymose, icky
Maudlin, Mushy, Mawkish
43. "Maudlin's book is outstanding, and is particularly remarkable for three central achievements: the clearest exposition of Bell's theorem I know of; a careful discussion of the (in)compatibility between the implications of that theorem and relativity; and astute suggestions for how one could deal with this problem
44. Effusively or insincerely emotional Synonyms: bathetic, drippy, hokey, kitschy, mawkish, mushy, sappy, schmaltzy, schmalzy, sentimental, slushy, soppy, soupy Examples - a bathetic novel - a schmaltzy song - Maudlin expressions of sympathy - mushy effusiveness - sentimental soap operas - slushy poetry; Synonyms of Maudlin
Mawkish, Mushy, Maudlin
45. Examples of Maudlin in a sentence
46. The girl’s performance was so Maudlin that people started to boo her off the stage
47. 🔊 Upon being dumped by his girlfriend, Jason started to act in a Maudlin behavior that annoyed everyone
48. Maudlin is the longstanding creative project of husband and wife duo David and Priscilla Priebe
49. Definition and synonyms of Maudlin from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
50. This is the British English definition of Maudlin.View American English definition of Maudlin.
51. Maudlin., Oostende / Knokke-Heist / Gent / Moere
52. Perhaps Maudlin doesn't really consider the D-N model of laws (and explanation) sufficiently, however
53. Maudlin presents a compelling metaphysic whereby time-evolution and the laws of physics are primitive in both the physical and conceptual sense.
54. Maudlin writes songs about the “human experience” and things that go “bump” in the night
55. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Maudlin on your desktop or mobile device.
56. Shop for Maudlin art from the world's greatest living artists
57. All Maudlin artwork ships within 48 hours and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee
58. Choose your favorite Maudlin designs and purchase them as wall art, home decor, phone cases, tote bags, and more!
59. Explore releases from Maudlin at Discogs
60. Shop for Vinyl, CDs and more from Maudlin at the Discogs Marketplace.
More, Maudlin, Marketplace
61. Maudlin - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
62. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Maudlin adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (sentimental) sensiblero/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo.Puede ser posesivo, numeral, demostrativo ("casa [b]grande[/b]", "mujer [b]alta[/b]").
63. Martin L Maudlin has changed his address more than once
Martin, Maudlin, More
64. See authoritative translations of Maudlin in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
65. Bedford IN State Farm Agent Brent Maudlin can provide free quotes for home, life, auto insurance and more
66. Dr. Sarah J. Maudlin is a psychiatrist in Madison, Wisconsin and is affiliated with one hospital