1. English Language Learners Definition of Martinet formal : a person who is very strict and demands obedience from others See the full definition for Martinet in the English Language Learners Dictionary …
2. The Martinet is a French household whip
3. The classic Martinet has a wooden handle and anywhere from six to ten plain leather thongs attached to the handle
4. Newspapers wrote of him that, "a Martinet to subordinates, he was known for the most unruly of lieutenants." LORD ORMONT AND HIS AMINTA, COMPLETE GEORGE MEREDITH Though an officer of the regular army, he brings home to one the fact that the days of the military Martinet have gone for ever
Martinet, Most, Meredith, Military
5. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Martinet crossword clue
6. By The Martinet Group, LLC Providing training for FEMA's Public Assistance Program for over 20 Years
7. Martinet is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company. Martinet is engraving it’s path of success with hardship, trustworthiness & loyalty for 15 years
8. Charles Martinet was born on September 17, 1955 in San Jose, California, USA as Charles Andre Martinet.
9. BDSM Martinet, BDSM Whip, Spanking and Flogging, Whips, Martinet, Red Martinet, Serious Play, Tools for serious players, Handmade Martinet
10. Favorite Add to vintage Martinet brand black FUR BOOTS for cosplay or costume surlymermaid
11. What does Martinet mean? The definition of a Martinet is someone who is strict and follows rules absolutely, especially in the military
Martinet, Mean, Military
12. The Martinet family name was found in the USA, the UK, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920
13. The most Martinet families were found in the USA in 1920
14. In 1840 there were 2 Martinet families living in New York
15. This was about 67% of all the recorded Martinet's in the USA
16. New York had the highest population of Martinet families in 1840.
17. Mary Ellen Martinet, age 59, passed away on February 9, 2020 in Aldie, VA
18. Late 17th century (denoting the system of drill invented by Martinet): named after Jean Martinet, 17th-century French drill master.
19. Martinet: A rigid military disciplinarian
20. Seecoy commented on the word Martinet
21. Take the Army; show without disguise its chiefs as Martinets, its discipline as narrow-minded and unfair, and into this stupid tyranny immerse an average human being, fallible but likeable, the archetype of the spectator
22. Martinet definition: someone who demands exact conformity to rules and forms synonyms: moralist, stickler, dictator, disciplinarian, authoritarian antonyms
23. Countable noun If you say that someone is a Martinet, you are criticizing them because they are very strict and demand that people obey their rules and orders.
24. Martinet is the French word for a small whip used to punish children; the word reputedly derives from Jean Martinet, Inspector General of Louis XIV's army, who was a brutal drillmaster and was the first to institute a standardized system to transform conscripts into a disciplined fighting force via the use of constant drills.
25. Martinet (n.) 1670s, "system of strict discipline," from the name of French military officer Jean Martinet (killed at the siege of Duisburg, 1672), lieutenant colonel in the Régiment du Roi, who in 1668 was appointed inspector general of the infantry."It was his responsibility to introduce and enforce the drill and strict discipline of the French regiment of Guards across the whole infantry
26. Martinet (plural Martinets) (military) A strict disciplinarian
Martinet, Martinets, Military
27. Sergeant Major Martinet is a native of Pueblo, Colorado
28. Antonyms for Martinet include softy, slave, serf, servant, subservient, captive, chattel, flunkey, helot and peon
29. “Jeanne Martinet's amusing guide contains nifty ideas designed to get the flower off the wall and into circulation.” ―Letitia Baldridge “The Art of Mingling takes the intimidation out of party scenes, whether they are business-related or social.” ―Publishers Weekly “Jeanne Martinet is …
30. Martinet Legal Society is committed to continuing its proud tradition of promoting, serving, and assisting African American lawyers in this community
31. Charles Andre Martinet (/ ˈ m ɑːr t ɪ n eɪ /; French: ; born September 17, 1955) is an American actor and voice actor.He is best known for voicing Mario in the Super Mario video game series
32. Martinet has voiced this title character of Nintendo's flagship video game franchise since 1990, and he also voices related characters such as Baby Mario, Luigi, Baby Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and
33. Examples of Martinet in a sentence
34. When I was child, I thought my father was a Martinet because he was constantly ordering me around the house
My, Martinet, Me
35. 🔊 The prison warden is viewed as a Martinet because of his strict management of the correctional facility
36. 🔊 As a colonel in the army, John is a Martinet who believes discipline is the only path
37. Philippe Martinet is a Board Certified Specialist in Real Estate Law
38. They always say he's more of a Martinet at home than ever he was in the Army.: The new Viceroy was a soldier and a Martinet, and his authority had been defied.: To be sure, Stephens was an extreme instance of the Martinet of constitutionalism.: In these she was a Martinet, and would appropriate a fat pack at beggar-my-neighbour with infinite gusto.: He is lying on the rug, on his fat stomach
More, Martinet, My
39. The Meson Martinet was a heavily modified CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle1 captained by Sidon Ithano
Meson, Martinet, Modified
40. NEW Boxed Lalique Paris Crystal Bird Swallow Taking Flight-Martinet Envol-Crystal Figurine #12107 Authentic Lalique Swallow Figurine w/COA DHLCollectors
41. Add to Favorites 1810 French antique framed hand painted engraving Hautecoeur Martinet Paris, Ballet Costume
42. Buffon Martinet Perruches 18th Century Hand Colored Engravings
43. You have found authentic Martinet Parrots, or Perruches in French which date to 1770-1786
44. The work of Francois Nicolas Martinet, one of France’s foremost bird illustrators of the eighteenth century
45. Pierre Martinet was born on November 14 1744, in Bercenay le Hayer, to Felix Martinet and Marie Martinet
46. Pierre had 6 siblings: Jean Philippe Martinet , Nicolas Martinet , Marie Françoise Martinet , Médard Martinet , Marie Françoise Boudart and Marie Martinet .
47. The latest tweets from @CharlesMartinet
48. Martinet is a commune in the Vendée department in the Pays de la Loire region in western France
49. Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martinet (Vendée) This Vendée geographical article is a stub
50. Mas Martinet is a Spanish winery linked to the small group of winemakers attributed with reinvigorating Priorat as one of the country's finest wine-producing regions
51. Garnacha is the most important grape in the vineyards and in the wines, making up the majority of many of Martinet's blends
Most, Making, Majority, Many, Martinet
52. Choronzon is the official Journal of Martinet Press, now in its fourth installment under the continued editorship of Satanic artist and author Erica Frevel
53. Another word for Martinet: disciplinarian, authoritarian, stickler, taskmaster, taskmistress Collins English Thesaurus
54. Martinet - someone who demands exact conformity to rules and forms disciplinarian , moralist authoritarian , dictator - a person who behaves in a tyrannical manner; "my boss is a dictator who makes everyone work overtime"
Martinet, Moralist, Manner, My, Makes
55. To Martinet, in the 2nd edition, please add the transliteration of the Arabic text
56. The hotel Martinet is a small hotel run by the family since 1983, located directly on the ski slopes in winter and surrounded by greenery and tranquility in the summer and a few minutes walk from the town center of La Thuile, a of the most beautiful ski resorts in the Alps.The property has 14 rooms with tv and services and some with balcony, there is a spa and fitness area and a green area
Martinet, Minutes, Most
57. Mas Martinet, Falset, Cataluna, Spain
martinet (noun) · martinets (plural noun)
Definition of martinet. 1 : a strict disciplinarian The prison's warden was a cruel martinet. 2 : a person who stresses a rigid adherence to the details of forms and methods a martinet in conducting meetings of the society, he never tolerated any sign of levity or indecorum- D. J. Boorstin.
The new Viceroy was a soldier and a martinet, and his authority had been defied. To be sure, Stephens was an extreme instance of the martinet of constitutionalism. In these she was a martinet, and would appropriate a fat pack at beggar-my-neighbour with infinite gusto. He is lying on the rug, on his fat stomach, and is becoming quite a martinet.
The definition of a martinet is someone who is strict and follows rules absolutely, especially in the military. A drill sergeant is an example of a martinet in the military.