See also: Manumit Manumitted Manumitting Manufacturing Manufacture Manufacturer Manuscript Manumission Manure Manual Manu Manufacturera Manumise Manured Manufactura Manush Manusha Manushi Manusia Manufactured Manuel Manually
1. You can use this analogy to remember that Manumit derives ultimately from the Latin noun …
2. Manumit synonyms, Manumit pronunciation, Manumit translation, English dictionary definition of Manumit
3. Some common synonyms of Manumit are emancipate, free, liberate, and release
4. While all these words mean "to set loose from restraint or constraint," Manumit implies emancipation from slavery
5. The document Manumitted the slaves When would emancipate be a good substitute for Manumit?
6. Manumiss′ion, act of Manumitting or setting free from slavery. [L
7. Manumittĕre — manus, the hand, mittĕre, missum, to send.] How to pronounce Manumit?
Manumitt, Manus, Mitt, Missum, Manumit
8. Early 15c., Manumitten, "set (a slave or captive) free," from Latin Manumittere "to release from one's power, set at liberty, emancipate," literally "to send from one's 'hand'" (i.e
9. The Crossword Solver found 20 answers to the Manumit crossword clue
10. The word ‘Manumit’ means ‘to set free from slavery’
11. Manumit Coffee Roasters offers dignity and hope to survivors of modern slavery through training & employment
12. [Middle English Manumitten, from Old French Manumitter, from Latin manūmittere : manū, ablative of manus, hand; see man- in Indo-European roots + mittere, to send from.] man′u·mis′sion (-mĭsh′ən) n
Middle, Manumitten, Manumitter, Man, Mittere, Manus, Mis
13. To Manumit is to set free, or to release a slave from slavery. During slavery in the United States, it was rare for a slave owner to Manumit his slaves
14. Manumit comes from a Latin word meaning “set forth …
15. See authoritative translations of Manumit in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
16. [Middle English Manumitten, from Old French Manumitter, from Latin manūmittere : manū, ablative of manus, hand; see man- in Indo-European roots + mittere, to send from.] from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License From Latin Manumittere, from pre-Classical Latin manu emittere, literally ‘send out from one’s hand’.
Middle, Manumitten, Manumitter, Man, Mittere, Manus, Manumittere, Manu
17. Word origin ME Manumitten < OFr Manumitter < L Manumittere, lit., to let go from the hand, free < manu, abl
Me, Manumitten, Manumitter, Manumittere, Manu
18. La mayoría de los dueños de esclavos Manumitían a sus esclavos por voluntad propia; esa voluntad solía estar determinada por el interés económico.
Mayor, Manumit, Mico
19. Late Middle English from Latin Manumittere, literally ‘send forth from the hand’, from manus ‘hand’ + mittere ‘send’.
Middle, Manumittere, Manus, Mittere
20. Manumit Enterprise is the result of years of experience within the construction business
21. Manumit is a cross genre musician based in Bridgend South Wales who attempts to fuse the likes of rock and metal with dubstep, drum n bass and electro to create powerful and unique songs
Manumit, Musician, Metal
22. Formed in 2012, Manumit began working on the ambitious project and later came to release his debut EP 'Fuck genres, Love Music' in May 2013 which was widely recieved
Manumit, Music, May
23. Manumit - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
24. Manumit's debut album 'Digital & Hostile' is now available to buy: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/digital-hostile/id883699098
25. But three Southern states, including Virginia in 1782, passed laws that made it possible for owners to Manumit their slaves
26. Manumit (third-person singular simple present Manumits, present participle Manumitting, simple past and past participle Manumitted) To release from slavery, to free
Manumit, Manumits, Manumitting, Manumitted
27. This is the official youtube page for the artist Manumit! Be sure to subscribe to keep up to date with all future releases, music videos, behind the scene vi
28. The tendency to Manumit faithful slaves called forth no approbation
29. WILLIAMS To gratify the whims of a whimsical sect, who would have us, not only forbear making more slaves, but even Manumit those we have.
Making, More, Manumit
30. Provided to YouTube by CDBabyManumit · Dre MurrayManumit℗ 2008 Church Boy EntertainmentReleased on: 2008-01-01Auto-generated by YouTube.
31. What does Manumit mean? To free from slavery or bondage; emancipate
32. Manumit Soccer – Obviously part of the evil Socialist Liberal Agenda! Community (This content is not subject to review by Daily Kos staff prior to publication.)
33. Manumit studied the biases and accuracy of the predictions made by management on the basis of 1989 regulations in Canadian companies
Manumit, Made, Management
34. We think, if any Manumit, before we license them to part, they do usurp a power is ours by nature.
35. The Music Manumit podcast is a source for creative commons music and news.Weekly podcast co-hosted by Tom Ray of Lorenzo's Music and Doug Whitfield of blocSonic.
36. Latin words for Manumit include libero and Manumitto
37. Miniature Manumit encountered once, in level 34
38. Break 'Manumit' down into sounds: [MAN] + [YUH] + [MIT] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them
Manumit, Man, Mit
39. Record yourself saying 'Manumit' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen
40. Look up tutorials on Youtube on how to pronounce 'Manumit'.
41. Mary Basden, for example, articulated a clear reason for wanting to Manumit Flora in 1741: “In consideration of the faithful services of my Negro woman Flora I do hereby give her her freedom and do Manumitt [sic] and discharge her from all Slavery whatsoever
Mary, Manumit, My, Manumitt
42. All the stats, form and information about race horse - Manumit available at RACING.COM – The first destination for Australian Horse Racing.
43. Find 66 ways to say Manumit, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
44. Release from slavery or other legally sanctioned servitude; the giving of freedom; the act of Manumitting
45. Dictionary entry overview: What does Manumit mean? • Manumit (verb) The verb Manumit has 1 sense:
46. Free from slavery or servitude Familiarity information: Manumit used as a verb is very rare.
47. Manumit Dre Murray Hip-Hop/Rap 2008; Listen on Apple Music
Manumit, Murray, Music
48. TITLE TIME; 1 Manumit 3:07: 2 Say What I Feel 4:07: 3 Interlude (Message of Fedelity) 1:01: 4 My Lane 4:29: 5 Me Got 3:59: 6 Introduce 3:54: 7 Get Down (Feat
Manumit, Message, My, Me
49. Music Manumit is about the world of Creative Commons Music and the musicians that make it
Music, Manumit, Musicians, Make
To set someone free from captivity is in effect to release that person from the hand, or control, of the captor. You can use this analogy to remember that manumit derives ultimately from the Latin noun manus, meaning "hand," plus the Latin verb mittere, meaning "to let go or "send."
Manumit Coffee Manumit means to "release from slavery, or set free", a fitting name for this Cardiff based roastery with one mission in mind; to employ survivors of modern slavery and human trafficking and help them rebuild their lives. I crawl inside John Berryman's mouth and manumit Henry.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary(0.00 / 0 votes)Rate this definition: Manumit. man-ū-mit′, v.t. to release from slavery: to set free, as a slave:—pr.p. manūmit′ting; pa.t. and pa.p. manūmit′ted.—n. Manumiss′ion, act of manumitting or setting free from slavery.
man-ū-mit′, v.t. to release from slavery: to set free, as a slave:— pr.p. manūmit′ting; pa.t. and pa.p. manūmit′ted. — n. Manumiss′ion, act of manumitting or setting free from slavery. [L. manumittĕre — manus, the hand, mittĕre, missum, to send.]