1. The Malays were largely Hinduized before they were converted to Islam in the 15th century
2. Many Malays are rural people, living in villages rather than towns
3. The Malays (Malay: Melayu, Jawi: ملايو) are an Austronesian ethnic group in Southeast Asia.They mainly live in the Malay Peninsula and many parts of the Malay Archipelago, including Brunei, Singapore, Borneo and eastern Sumatra.
Malays, Malay, Melayu, Mainly, Many
4. Malays usually eat with their fingers, so hands are always washed before and after meals
5. For this, Malays use the kendi, a water vessel which is either put on the table or passed around from person to person
6. The view of Malays held by Stamford Raffles had a significant influence on English-speakers, lasting to the present day
7. Malaysia - Malaysia - People: The people of Malaysia are unevenly distributed between Peninsular and East Malaysia, with the vast majority living in Peninsular Malaysia
8. Within this diversity, a significant distinction is made for administrative purposes between indigenous peoples (including Malays), collectively
9. Overseas Malays, people of Malay race ancestry living outside Malay archipelago home areas; Cape Malays, a Malay race descent or community in South Africa; Cocos Malays, the predominant ethnic group (Malay race descent) of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, now part
10. Malays synonyms, Malays pronunciation, Malays translation, English dictionary definition of Malays
11. The Austronesian language of the Malays.
12. Malays were originally a game bird and are now mainly an ornamental bird seen mainly in shows and at the farms of avid poultry exhibitors
13. Definition of Malays in the Definitions.net dictionary
14. What does Malays mean? Information and translations of Malays in the most comprehensive …
Malays, Mean, Most
15. You can drag the Malays screaming and kicking out of the kampung and give them a modern education
16. But you will never be able to drag the kampung out of the Malays
17. 2 days ago · The Malays supporting Barisan Nasional (BN) will run away
18. Malays (1) Formerly, the name given to the peoples of Southeast Asia who speak languages of the Indonesian group of the Malayo-Polynesian language family
19. The Austronesian language of the Malays
20. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Malays or their language
21. Of or relating to Malaysia, the Malay Peninsula, or the Malay
22. Anyway, the Malays started at just 1% at the time of Merdeka
23. It is still short of 30%, no doubt, but we cannot say the Malays have gone backwards
24. Accounting for 50.1% of the Malaysian population, the Malays are the largest ethnic group in the country
25. Indigenous to the country, the Malays are generally Muslim and practice Malay culture
Malays, Muslim, Malay
26. This means that Muslims of any race are counted as Malays …
Means, Muslims, Malays
27. KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 31 — Even former US president Donald Trump did not attack his own support base, ex-attorney general Tan Sri Tommy Thomas reportedly said when commenting on Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s past actions in criticising the Malays
Mahathir, Mohamad, Malays
28. Synonyms for Malays in Free Thesaurus
29. The #MHGiveaway Contest (â€œContestâ€ ) is organised by Malaysia Airlines Berhad (â€œMABâ€ ) and will run from 25 th February 2017 (12:00AM, Malaysian time) â€“ 30 th April 2017 (11:59PM, Malaysian time).
Mhgiveaway, Malaysia, Mab, Malaysian
30. To qualify for the Contest, participants must be a fan of MABâ€™s Official Instagram page, @Malaysiaairlines.
Must, Mab, Malaysiaairlines
31. Malays, ethnic group located mainly in the Malay peninsula, and parts of Sumatra and Borneo; Malay language, the language of the Malays; spoken in Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei; Malaysian language, the official form of the Malay language in Malaysia; Indonesian language, the official form of the Malay language in Indonesia; Old Malay language(s), possible ancestor(s) of
Malays, Mainly, Malay, Malaysia, Malaysian
32. The most recent politicking that I have observed is the age-old one where all the politicians are calling for the Malays to unite and come together
33. Today’s Malays of Thailand are in the main the descendants of a later Malay influx around 2,300 years ago
Malays, Main, Malay
34. More advanced technologically than the Proto-Malays, they appear to have come across the sea, perhaps from Borneo
35. Overseas Malays, people of Malay race ancestry living outside Malay archipelago home areas; Cape Malays, a Malay race descent or community in South Africa; Sri Lankan Malays, a Malay race descent or community in Sri Lanka; Cocos Malays, a Malay race descent …
36. In fact, the Malays’ closest ancestor is the Jakun tribe
37. So for politicians, regardless of which party to say that the Malays are migrants, that is not true,” said Zaharah
38. 1 day ago · DAP's token Malays I have been following closely the ongoing DAP's state elections
39. Sri Lankan Malays, also known in Sinhalese as Ja Minissu (Sinhala: ශ්රී ලාංකා මැලේ; Tamil: இலங்கை மலாய், literally "Javanese"), are Sri Lankans with full or partial ancestry from the Indonesian/Malay Archipelago (most of whom are of Javanese descent)
Malays, Minissu, Malay, Most
40. PUTRAJAYA: Dr Mahathir Mohamad has alleged that government-linked companies have put the Malays out of business instead of helping them
Mahathir, Mohamad, Malays
41. Malays have changed a lot since when Umno was formed in 1946
42. Yes, those were Umno’s best days when they were the darling and champions of the Malays and when most Malays were uneducated and simple-minded farmers, fishermen and villagers (orang kampung).
Malays, Most, Minded
43. "The Malays - a volume in Wiley-Blackwell's series ‘The peoples of South-East Asia and the Pacific' - is an absorbing read, clearly written not only for those already interested in the cultural dynamics of the island world of Southeast Asia, but also for everyone who is interested in knowing how to successfully fail in defining a particular race, people or ethnicity."
44. Malaysia arrests 11 suspects for hacking government sites
45. In males the age adjusted cigarette smoking rate was higher in Malays (53.3%) than in Chinese (37.4%) or Indians (44.5%)
46. In both sexes, Malays had higher age adjusted mean systolic blood pressure: males 124.6 mm Hg v 121.2 mm Hg (Chinese) and 121.2 mm Hg (Indians); females 122.8 mm Hg v 117.3 mm Hg (Chinese) and 118.4 mm Hg (Indians).
Malays, Mean, Males, Mm
47. Islander Malays, Perth, Western Australia
48. As a result, the Malays were unable to travel interstate for Hari Raya
49. It would be political suicide if the Malays are again denied the “balik kampung
50. The Malays supporting Barisan Nasional (BN) will run away
51. The Malays supporting Barisan Nasional (BN) will run away
52. Download full Trapped By Malays Book or read online anytime anywhere, Available in PDF, ePub and Kindle
53. Create free account to access unlimited books, fast download and ads free! We cannot guarantee that Trapped By Malays book is in the library.
54. If Umno collaborates with DAP, Malays will flee, says the party’s leader
55. The support and the writer were professional and the paper was delivered 1 day sooner than I Phd Thesis In Malays expected.
56. MUIS - Malays Underrepresented in Singapore
MALAYS [məˈlā, ˈmāˌlā]
Definition of Malay 1 : a member of a people of the Malay Peninsula, eastern Sumatra, parts of Borneo, and some adjacent islands 2 : the Austronesian language of the Malays
adjective of, relating to, or characteristic of a racially intermixed people who are the dominant population of the Malay Peninsula and adjacent islands. of or relating to the language or culture of these people.
Malay Peninsula. n. (Placename) a peninsula of SE Asia, extending south from the Isthmus of Kra in Thailand to Cape Tanjong Piai in Malaysia: consists of SW Thailand and the states of Malaya (Peninsular Malaysia). Ancient name: Chersonesus Aurea.
Arts and music have a long tradition in Malaysia, with Malay art dating back to the Malay sultanates. Traditional art was centred on fields such as carving, silversmithing, and weaving.