1. Lubricate definition is - to make smooth or slippery
2. How to use Lubricate in a sentence.
3. Lubricate definition, to apply some oily or greasy substance to (a machine, parts of a mechanism, etc.) in order to diminish friction; oil or grease (something)
4. Lubricate verb oil, grease, smear, smooth the way, oil the wheels, make smooth, make slippery Mineral oils are used to Lubricate the machinery
5. 4 synonyms of Lubricate from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 8 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Find another word for Lubricate
7. Lubricate: to coat (something) with a slippery substance in order to reduce friction.
8. Lubricate the lead sealing nuts with graphite that has been mixed to a paste with water
9. WITTE Certainly in the case of milk being taken into the stomach, saliva is not needed to Lubricate it
10. To use a substance such as oil to make a machine operate more easily, or to prevent something sticking or rubbing: A car engine needs to be well Lubricated with oil
11. In fact, excess Lubricate can hinder reliability as it holds on to more filth and grime
12. This ingredient helps Lubricate the joints and reduced inflammation
13. What does Lubricate mean? To make slippery or smooth
14. Verb oil, grease, smear, smooth the way, oil the wheels, make smooth, make slippery Mineral oils are used to Lubricate the machinery
15. To put a lubricant on something in order to make it move more smoothly Lubricate all moving parts with grease
16. 2 informal to help things to happen without any problems Vic’s working day is Lubricated by endless cups of coffee
17. —lubrication /ˌluːbrɪˈkeɪʃən/ noun [ uncountable] → See Verb table Examples from the Corpus Lubricate • The surface is Lubricated by mucus.
Lubrication, Lu, Lubricate, Lubricated
18. ‘the availability of credit Lubricated the channels of trade’
19. ‘The therapeutic alliance of the integrated model facilitates and Lubricates these crucial processes.’.
20. How to best Lubricate wooden moving parts
21. It’ll Lubricate the spring and backside of the bowl
22. Also, put one drop of oil in the bearing surface to Lubricate it
23. According to Joseph Perez, a chemical engineer and senior research scientist at Pennsylvania State University in University Park, vegetable oils actually Lubricate better than petroleum products--they are naturally more slippery, and they also are more polar, meaning they cling better to metal parts
24. Vaginal lubrication is a naturally produced fluid that Lubricates a vagina.Vaginal lubrication is always present, but production increases significantly near ovulation and during sexual arousal in anticipation of sexual intercourse.Vaginal dryness is the condition in which this lubrication is insufficient, and sometimes artificial lubricants are used to augment it.
Lubrication, Lubricates, Lubricants
25. To Lubricate something is to apply a greasy or oily substance to it in order to reduce friction and its effect on moving parts
26. The usual method of reducing friction has been to use a slippery fluid such as oil or grease to Lubricate the parts
27. The mud cools the rapidly rotating bit and Lubricates the drill pipe as it turns in the well bore.
28. Locksmiths have long used powdered graphite to Lubricate the workings of locks, and if your key refuses to slide fully into the lock, you can do the same
Locksmiths, Long, Lubricate, Locks, Lock
29. Definition of Lubricate in the Definitions.net dictionary
30. What does Lubricate mean? Information and translations of Lubricate in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
31. We found 4 answers for “Lubricate”
32. This page shows answers to the clue Lubricate, followed by 3 definitions like “Apply a lubricant to”, “To make smooth or slippery” and “Have lubricating properties”.Synonyms for Lubricate are grease, rub in and smear with oil.
Lubricate, Like, Lubricant, Lubricating
33. Lubricate nonmetallic latches, like a car door latch mechanism with silicone spray
Lubricate, Latches, Like, Latch
34. Looking for online definition of Lubricate or what Lubricate stands for? Lubricate is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
Looking, Lubricate, Listed, Largest
35. Powdered graphite sold in a tube may also be used to Lubricate a zipper, but it is much messier than using a pencil and may mark or stain light-colored items
36. Lip-Balm Lubricant Lip balm Lubricates zippers much in the same way that it Lubricates lips
Lip, Lubricant, Lubricates, Lips
37. Lubricate (v.) 1620s, "make slippery or smooth" (especially by the application of an oil), from Latin lubricatus, past participle of lubricare "to make slippery or smooth," from lubricus "slippery; easily moved, sliding, gliding;" figuratively "uncertain, hazardous, dangerous; seductive," from suffixed form of PIE root *sleubh-"to slip, slide." Related: Lubricated; lubricating.
Lubricate, Latin, Lubricatus, Lubricare, Lubricus, Lubricated, Lubricating
38. Lubricate something to put a lubricant on something such as the parts of a machine, to help them move smoothly synonym grease, oil Oxford Collocations Dictionary Lubricate is …
39. How to Lubricate Old Interior Door Hardware
40. RECOMMENDATION: Lubricate your garage door twice a year
Princeton's WordNet(3.00 / 1 vote)Rate these synonyms: lubricant, lubricator, lubricating substance, lube(noun) a substance capable of reducing friction by making surfaces smooth or slippery. Synonyms: lube, lubricating substance, lubricator.
Lubricate in a sentence
Definition of lubricant. 1 : a substance (such as grease) capable of reducing friction, heat, and wear when introduced as a film between solid surfaces. 2 : something that lessens or prevents friction or difficulty a social lubricant.