1. Longitudinal (adj.) late 14c., from Medieval Latin Longitudinalis, from Latin longitudo (see longitude).
Longitudinal, Late, Latin, Longitudinalis, Longitudo, Longitude
2. Medical Definition of Longitudinalis linguae : either of two bands of muscle comprising the intrinsic musculature of the tongue of which one is situated near the dorsal surface and one near the inferior surface of the tongue — called also Longitudinalis Learn More about longitudina lis linguae
Longitudinalis, Linguae, Learn, Longitudina, Lis
3. Tori Longitudinalis; Definition: Multi-tissue structure that is a paired longitudinal eminence of granular cells that develops from the alar plate and is attached to the tegmentum in the medial tectal ventricle
4. The torus Longitudinalis only occurs in ray finned fishes.
5. Melanonychia Striata Longitudinalis (MSL): Pigmented bands… January 24, 2020
6. Melanonychia Striata Longitudinalis (MSL) is also referred to as pigmented bands
7. Abstract Melanonychia strata Longitudinalis is a pigmented (dark brown-tan-black) band running in the long axis of the nail
8. Origin: Close to the epiglottis, from the median fibrous septum Insertion: Edges of the tongue Nerve: Dorsal ramus of C1(suboccipital nerve) Description: The Superior longitudinal muscle (Longitudinalis linguae superior) (Superior lingualis) is a thin stratum of oblique and longitudinal fibers immediately underlying the mucous membrane on the dorsum of the tongue.
Longitudinal, Longitudinalis, Linguae, Lingualis
9. Melanonychia striata, Longitudinalis, or a pigmented longitudinal melanocytic streak of the nail, is distinctly uncommon in white patients
10. [Leukonychia Longitudinalis as the primary symptom of Hailey-Hailey disease]
11. Abstract Fiber connections of the carp torus Longitudinalis were re-examined by means of tract-tracing methods
12. The torus Longitudinalis projected mainly to the stratum marginale of the optic tectum, area pretectalis, and corpus cerebelli
13. Leukonychia striata Longitudinalis occurred in two patients, in which a longitudinal white streak persists in a finger nail for several years
Leukonychia, Longitudinalis, Longitudinal
14. The torus Longitudinalis (TL) is a paired elongated neural structure lying along the medial margins of the optic tectum, suspended from the intertectal commissure and protruding into the tectal ventricle (Ito, 1971; Wullimann, 1994; Northmore, 2011).Discovered by Carus in 1814, the TL was first thought considered to be homologous to the mammalian fornix until Rabl-Rückhard (1884
15. Melanonychia striata, Longitudinalis, or a pigmented longitudinal melanocytic streak of the nail, is distinctly uncommon in white patients
16. Synonyms for Longitudinalis in Free Thesaurus
17. What are synonyms for Longitudinalis?
18. Longitudinalis is a 80m ketch-rigged sailing yacht concept with huge glass surfaces in the hull and a large superstructure with flybridge
19. Longitudinalis ventralis) is the ventralmost pair of longitudinal muscles, running from the head to the base of the toes
20. Fine structure of the carp torus Longitudinalis was studied by electron and light microscopy and compared with the granular layer of the carp cerebellum
Longitudinalis, Light, Layer
21. Melanonychia Striata Longitudinalis (MSL) is also referred to as pigmented bands
English Language Learners Definition of longitudinal. : placed or going along the long side of something. : of or relating to longitude. : done by observing or examining a group of people or things over time to study how one or two particular things about them change.
In a longitudinal study, researchers repeatedly examine the same individuals to detect any changes that might occur over a period of time. Longitudinal studies are a type of correlational research in which researchers observe and collect data on a number of variables without trying to influence those variables .
Types of Longitudinal Studies. There are three distinct types of longitudinal studies: panel, retrospective, and cohort. The panel is a kind of longitudinal study that pertains the use of a sample that represent the groups of subjects mostly draw using a panel service company.
Antonyms for (adjective) longitudinal. Main entry: longitudinal. Definition: over an extended time. Usage: a longitudinal study of twins. Antonyms: short. Definition: (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length. Usage: short skirts; short hair; the board was a foot short; a short toss. Antonyms: short.