1. Definition of Longitude 1 a : angular distance measured on a great circle of reference from the intersection of the adopted zero meridian with this reference circle to the similar intersection of the meridian passing through the object
2. Longitude - the angular distance between a point on any meridian and the prime meridian at Greenwich angular distance - the angular separation between two objects as perceived by an observer; "he recorded angular distances between the stars" Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection
3. Longitudes are geographical positioning markers that run from the geographical North Pole to the geographical South Pole, intersecting the Equator
4. They meet at both Poles, and specify the east-west position of a location. Longitudes are, therefore, imaginary circles that intersect the North and South Poles and the Equator.
5. The Longitude is defined as an angle pointing west or east from the Greenwich Meridian, which is taken as the Prime Meridian
6. The Longitude can be defined maximum as 180° east from the Prime Meridian and 180° west from the Prime Meridian
7. Both latitude and Longitude are measured in degrees, which are in turn divided into minutes and seconds.
8. The distance of a degree of Longitude is about 69 statute miles or 60 nautical miles (111 km) at the equator, decreasing to zero at the poles
9. Longitude and latitude are the coordinates used to identify any point on the Earth's surface.
10. Longitude is the angular distance of a place east or west of the meridian at Greenwich, England, or west of the standard meridian of a celestial object
11. Address field - enter an address, city, state, place name, postal code or any other name for a location into this field, select "North America" or "Europe" from the region menu, and then click the find button to retrieve its latitude-Longitude coordinate pair
Location, Latitude, Longitude
12. Longitude Satellite Picture Enter the desired Longitude and latititude in in the box below, and then click on "Google Map" (separate degrees, minutes, and seconds by spaces)
13. The latitude lines are the rungs and the Longitude lines are the "long" lines that hold those rungs together. Latitude lines run east and west
Latitude, Lines, Longitude, Long
14. Longitude reference has been arbitrarily set at the Greenwich Meridian (it passes through the Royal Greenwich Observatory in Greenwich in the suburbs of London), and the Longitude of a point is the measurement of the angle formed by the half plane formed by the axis of the earth and passes through the Greenwich meridian and the half-plane
15. Observing the sun or stars would give you the latitude, but not the Longitude unless done in conjunction with a clock that would keep time accurately at sea, and no such clock existed
16. After one too many maritime disasters due to navigational errors, the British Parliament set up a substantial prize for a way to find the Longitude at sea.
17. Longitude ® is made with a real women's body in mind, providing a longer length for a better fit for all body types
Longitude, Longer, Length
18. With a refreshing spin on ageless swimwear, Longitude offers the best in …
19. Longitude is defined as the “geographical angular distance east or west on the earth’s surface” or, for the directionally-challenged, left to right
20. To clarify: the lines of Longitude run from pole to pole but measure left to right.
Lines, Longitude, Left
21. Longitude is the measurement east or west of the prime meridian.Longitude is measured by imaginary lines that run around the Earth vertically (up and down) and meet at the North and South Poles
22. Each meridian measures one arcdegree of Longitude
23. Longitude is the angular distance of any point on Earth measured east or west of a point on Earth's surface
24. Where Is Zero Degrees Longitude? Unlike latitude, there is no easy point of reference such as the equator to be designated as zero degrees in the Longitude system.
25. Watch the sign on the Longitude, most programs use negative values for west Longitude, but a few are opposite
26. This saves a lazy western hemisphere programmer from having to type in a minus sign before most of their Longitude …
27. The Longitude brand’s wide Misses and Plus size range offers a suit for every body type, specifically including but not limited to long torso
Longitude, Limited, Long
28. Longitude swimwear by Robby Len and Long Torso swimsuits at SWIMSTYLE
Longitude, Len, Long
29. Shop now and Save on Longitude swimsuits at affordable prices.
30. Longitude 81 has great community amenities such as a resort-style pool, 24-hour fitness center, a pet spa area and car care center
31. Note: Drag the POI or click on the map to update marker location and latitude/Longitude
Location, Latitude, Longitude
32. Of or relating to Longitude or length: a longitudinal reckoning by the navigator; made longitudinal measurements of the hull
Longitude, Length, Longitudinal
33. Longitude is a 2000 TV drama produced by Granada Television and the A&E Network for Channel 4, first broadcast between 2 and 3 January 2000 in the UK on Channel 4 and the US on A&E.It is a dramatisation of the 1995 book of the same title by Dava Sobel.It was written and directed by Charles Sturridge and stars Michael Gambon as clockmaker John Harrison (1693–1776) and Jeremy Irons as
34. To measure Longitude east or west of the Prime Meridian, there are 180 vertical Longitude lines east of the Prime Meridian and 180 vertical Longitude lines west of the Prime Meridian, so Longitude locations are given as __ degrees east or __ degrees west
Longitude, Lines, Locations
35. Besides Longitude and latitude, you can use plus codes to share a place without an address
36. Longitude from Dava Sobel is a fascinating account of how a virtually unknown watchmaker named John Harrison conquered one of the oldest and thorniest problems surrounding the ocean voyages - the problem of accurately measuring Longitude-, which stumped even the best of scientific minds for centuries
37. The Illustrated Longitude: The True Story of the Lone Genius Who Solved the Greatest Scientific Problem of His Time 1st (first) Thus Edition by Sobel, Dava published by Walker & Company (1998) 49
38. Find latitude and Longitude by clicking a map, entering zip code/address
39. Convert latitude-Longitude, GPS coordinates, decimal degrees, degrees mins secs
40. Show Point from Latitude and Longitude
41. Use this if you know the latitude and Longitude coordinates of a point and want to see where on the map the point is
42. Longitude (shown as a vertical line) is the angular distance, in degrees, minutes, and seconds, of a point east or west of the Prime (Greenwich) Meridian
43. Lines of Longitude are often referred to as meridians
44. Lines of constant latitude, or parallels, run east–west as circles parallel to the equator.Latitude is used together with Longitude to specify the precise
Lines, Latitude, Longitude
45. What does Longitude mean? The definition of Longitude is the distance on the Earth's surface between a specific point and the prime meridian in Gr
46. Longitude is the dramatic human story of an epic scientific quest and of Harrison's forty-year obsession with building his perfect timekeeper, known today as the chronometer
47. Besides Longitude and latitude, you can use plus codes to share a place without an address
48. Longitude determined the east-west position for a ship
49. Assessing Longitude requires landmarks, which isn’t practical at sea
50. Sobel explains that Longitude is a costly and devastating problem for the British Government in the 18th century
51. It’s such a problem that the British Parliament enacted the Longitude …
52. Longitude is a team of publishers and technology executives with 15+ years of experience
53. Buy Longitude tickets from the official Ticketmaster.com site
54. Find Longitude tour schedule, concert details, reviews and photos.
55. The lines of Longitude show locations to the east or west of the prime meridian
Lines, Longitude, Locations
56. Ask: Which lines are lines of latitude? Which are lines of Longitude? Have students find New Orleans, Louisiana on their maps.
Lines, Latitude, Longitude, Louisiana
57. What is latitude and Longitude? To help locate where a place is in the world, people use imaginary lines: To find out how far north or south a place is, lines of latitude are used
Latitude, Longitude, Locate, Lines
- Definition of longitude. - longitude. stands for Angular distance measured in degrees East or West of the prime meridian..
The longitude specifies the location's distance east or west from an imaginary line connecting the North and South Poles, called the Prime Meridian. Latitude and longitude are used together to specify the geographical coordinates of a location on Earth.
A line of longitude is also called a meridian, derived from the Latin, from meri, a variation of "medius" which denotes "middle", and diem, meaning "day.". The word once meant "noon", and times of the day before noon were known as "ante meridian", while times after it were "post meridian.".
Longitudes are geographical points on Earth that refers to a place's location east or west of the prime meridian. Longitude lines run from the earth's north to south poles, and are used to identify a place's easterly or westerly position on Earth.