1. Loaf definition is - a shaped or molded mass of bread
2. Loaf derives from Old English hlāf, "bread, Loaf of bread," related to Gothic hlaifs, Old Norse hleifr, and Modern German Laib, all of which mean "Loaf of bread." Hlāf survives in Lammas, originally Hlāfmaesse, "Loaf-Mass," the Christian Feast of the First Fruits, traditionally celebrated on August 1.
Loaf, Laib, Lammas
3. A shaped or molded mass of food, as of sugar or chopped meat: a veal Loaf.
4. Some common synonyms of Loaf are idle, laze, loll, and lounge
Loaf, Laze, Loll, Lounge
5. While all these words mean "to spend time doing nothing," Loaf suggests either resting or wandering about as though there were nothing to do
6. She does her work and then Loafs the rest of the day When is idle a more appropriate choice than Loaf?
7. Find 64 ways to say Loaf, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. Loaf This is another word for chill, or relax
9. Loaf is the home of animated SVG icons
10. The Crossword Solver found 83 answers to the Loaf crossword clue
11. Loaf handcrafts beautiful breads, cakes, and other delicate bites
12. Loaf noun (FOOD) [ C or U ] a dish made of meat or vegetables cut into small pieces then pressed together and cooked in a single solid piece: meat / nut Loaf
13. A Loaf is a, usually rounded or oblong, mass of food, typically and originally of bread
14. It is common to bake bread in a rectangular bread pan, also called a Loaf pan, because some kinds of bread dough tend to collapse and spread out during the cooking process.
15. Adapted from carrot cake and pumpkin bread, this supremely moist carrot cake Loaf is even more wildly delicious than it looks
16. It makes a very small Loaf, so if you're wanting a nice high bread, it's best to double the recipe
17. Using this recipe as is, with only less sugar as mentioned, I found that it cooked perfectly in 50 minutes, as it's a small Loaf…
18. The verb Loaf means "laze around doing nothing," but its origin remains a mystery to word experts — although you might look like a bit like a Loaf of bread you Loaf on the sofa covered in blankets.
Loaf, Laze, Look, Like
19. What does Loaf mean? A shaped mass of bread baked in one piece
20. The term comes from rhyming slang in which "Loaf" is short for "Loaf of bread," which rhymes with "head." Primarily heard in UK
21. During the Depression, Mom's tasty salmon Loaf was a welcome change from the usual meat Loaf everyone made to stretch a meal
22. I still like a lot of the make-do meals of those days, but this Loaf is one of my favorites
Like, Lot, Loaf
23. Loaf are sending a replacement but we are not sure how long that will take
24. The latest tweets from @dejLoaf
25. Meat Loaf flew onto the music scene like a bat out of hell during the 1970s
26. Loafs is the third person singular present tense of the verb
27. Countable noun A Loaf of bread is bread which has been shaped and baked in one piece
28. One Loaf! Two and a half sticks of butter for one Loaf!
29. Loaf is a British company, which operates as a high street retailer
30. Loaf Pan, Kmeivol 2 Pack Bread Loaf Pan, Non-Stick Loaf Pans for Baking Bread, Multi-Function Mold Mini Loaf Pan, Carbon Steel Bread Pan for Bread, Cakes, Quiche and Brownies - 10.1" x …
31. Bread & Loaf Pans "Dinner just got easier with these meatLoaf and bread pans
32. The wide selection of meatLoaf pans allows you to choose the one best suited for your kitchen's needs
33. If you have some picky eaters in your family, try a mini Loaf pan
34. Loaf (third-person singular simple present Loafs, present participle Loafing, simple past and past participle Loafed) (intransitive) To do nothing, to be idle
Loaf, Loafs, Loafing, Loafed
35. Market Loaf Rosemary Pepita Sesame Cherry Currant Walnut Light Whole Wheat Pain de Campange ( Sandwich Loaf only) Polenta Pumpernickel Sunflower flaxseed
36. 8x4” Disposable Baking Loaf Pan with Lid - 1.5 Lb Bread Pans - Mini Loaf Pans – 50 Pans and 50 Clear Lids - Perfect for Baking Cakes, Bread, MeatLoaf… 4.4 out of 5 stars 33 $21.47 $ 21
Loaf, Lid, Lb, Lids
37. Looking for online definition of Loaf or what Loaf stands for? Loaf is listed in the World's largest and most authoritative dictionary database of abbreviations and acronyms The Free Dictionary
Looking, Loaf, Listed, Largest
38. 1 day ago · EXCLUSIVE: Meat Loaf is preparing to run right into hell and back with a TV competition series based on his most iconic hit I’d Do Anything For Love
39. Few artists emerge as fully formed on a debut single as DeJ Loaf did with 2014’s “Try Me”
40. Sofas, beds, cool kitchen-y stuff and oodles of Loafing supplies
41. Loaf (n.) late 13c., from Old English hlaf "a portion of bread baked in a mass of definite form," from Proto-Germanic *khlaibuz, the common Germanic word for "bread" (source also of Old Norse hleifr, Swedish lev, Old Frisian hlef, Old High German hleib, German Laib, Gothic hlaifs "bread, Loaf").
Loaf, Late, Lev, Laib
42. Loaf is a tiny tool created for developers and designers who are looking for icons for their projects.According to the developer, the icons included with the application are all hand drawn and
43. The noun Loaf adheres to the standard rules for forming the plurals of nouns in English (shown in the table
44. Delivery & Pickup Options - 133 reviews of Loaf ""Another tasty bakery in downtown Durham" We've always enjoyed Loaf's breads from the Durham Farmer's Market, and we appreciate now having the opportunity to get their breads at other times of the week
45. Loaf AROUND AT THE END OF SUMMER The good news is that summer is not officially over until the autumn equinox on September 22 - so it makes perfect sense …
46. Loaf.isSyphonPublishing(): is the server publishing right now? Loaf.getSyphonServer(): get the built-in server instance; Note: Make sure to call Loaf.getSyphonServer() only after starting the server, otherwise the instance will not exist, i.e returns as "nil." Additionally, the "syphon" module allows for using Syphon directly in Lua scripts.
47. Noodle Loaf is an interactive music education podcast for kids
48. Transfer batter into the prepared Loaf pan, making sure to smooth the top evenly and fill in the corners
49. ∙ Playwright Jim Steinman and Meat Loaf began writing songs together in 1974 while they toured with National Lampoon: Lemmings
Loaf, Lampoon, Lemmings
50. ∙ Written by Steinman and produced by Todd Rundgren, Bat Out of Hell, Meat Loaf’s sprawlingly ambitious 1977 debut album, has been certified 14-times Platinum.
51. The hyper-realistic pair features a top covering that depicts the outer side and crusts of a Loaf, while the footbed is printed with the effect of sliced bread.
According to a user from Indiana, U.S., the name Loaf means "Gift of god". Search for more names by meaning. Submit the origin and/or meaning of Loaf to us below
loaf (third-person singular simple present loafs, present participle loafing, simple past and past participle loafed) (intransitive) To do nothing, to be idle. (Cockney rhyming slang) To headbutt, (from loaf of bread)
Loaf (verb) to spend time in idleness; to lounge or loiter about. Etymology: [OE. lof, laf, AS. hlf; akin to G. laib, OHG. hleip, Icel. hleifr, Goth. hlaifs, Russ. khlieb', Lith. klpas. Cf. Lady, Lammas, Lord.] Loaf (verb) to spend in idleness; -- with away; as, to loaf time away
To obtain the plural form of the word loaf, you need to drop the 'f' and add 'ves' . Hence, the plural form would be loaves . Another example is with the word 'hoof' the plural form is 'hooves'.