1. Libration definition, a real or apparent oscillatory motion, especially of the moon
2. Libration definition is - an oscillation in the apparent aspect of a secondary body (such as a planet or a satellite) as seen from the primary object around which it revolves.
3. Libration, in astronomy, an oscillation, apparent or real, of a satellite, such as the Moon, the surface of which may as a consequence be seen from different angles at different times from one point on its primary body
4. The latitudinal Libration of the Moon occurs because its axis is tilted
5. Libration synonyms, Libration pronunciation, Libration translation, English dictionary definition of Libration
6. The phase and Libration of the Moon for 2021, at hourly intervals
7. Libration in longitude is the moon’s east-west wobble.This sort of Libration is a product of the moon’s elliptical (elongated) orbit
8. Libration (countable and uncountable, plural Librations) The act of librating
Libration, Librations, Librating
9. A third "Libration" arises because the size of the Earth is not negligible
10. The animation archived on this page shows the geocentric phase, Libration, position angle of the axis, and apparent diameter of the Moon throughout the year
11. Libration (lÿ-bray -shŏn) The means by which 59% of the Moon's surface is made visible, over a 30-year period, to the terrestrial observer despite the lunar day being of the same length as the sidereal month (see synchronous rotation).Physical Libration is a real irregularity in the Moon's rotation, arising from minor distortions in shape
Libration, Lunar, Length
Definition of libration. : an oscillation in the apparent aspect of a secondary body (such as a planet or a satellite) as seen from the primary object around which it revolves.
libration - (astronomy) a real or apparent slow oscillation of a moon or satellite; "the libration of the moon" astronomy, uranology - the branch of physics that studies celestial bodies and the universe as a whole
Definition of liberation 1 : the act of liberating : the state of being liberated 2 : a movement seeking equal rights and status for a group women's liberation
The projection is the Winkel Tripel projection. In astronomy, libration is the wagging of the Moon perceived by Earth -bound observers caused by changes in their perspective. It permits an observer to see slightly different halves of the surface at different times.