1. Leaven definition is - a substance (such as yeast) used to produce fermentation in dough or a liquid; especially : sourdough
2. How to use Leaven in a sentence
3. Leaven [T] [E] [S] In the New Testament the noun for "Leaven" is zume [ zuvmh] and the verb for "to Leaven" is zumoo [ zumovw ]
4. There are, however, really only three distinct uses of "Leaven" in the New Testament.
5. Leaven is committed to serving our community during the pandemic, while modifying our services for prevention and safety
6. Leaven Various substances were known to have fermenting qualities; but the ordinary Leaven consisted of a lump of old dough in a high state of fermentation, which was mixed into the mass of dough prepared for baking
7. The use of Leaven was strictly forbidden in all offerings made to the Lord by fire.
8. A levain, also called a Leaven or levain starter, is an off-shoot of your sourdough starter, and it's a mixture of fresh flour, water, and some ripe starter
9. Answer: The Bible mentions Leaven, or yeast, in several contexts
10. In some contexts, the reference to Leaven is obviously literal; in other contexts, Leaven takes on symbolic connotations. Leaven causes dough to rise, but the process takes time.
11. The Leaven brings after-school mentoring and tutoring programs to low-income neighborhoods where high dropout rates and gangs threaten the community
12. In the Parable of the Leaven, we learn several things about the working of the kingdom in our present age
13. Leavening agents are used in many baked goods to allow dough to rise before baking. Leavening agents work by creating bubbles or fermentation that physically makes dough rise
14. During the Jewish Passover holiday, many followers abstain from consuming food items that have been Leavened
15. Prepared foods will list Leavening ingredients on the label.
List, Leavening, Label
16. According to the American Heritage Dictionary, the definition of Leaven is: “1
17. Leaven is symbolic of things that disintegrate, break up, and corrupt
18. The Leaven of the Pharisees was hypocritical formality
19. The Leaven of those who have distorted doctrine down through the ages has been greed, pride, control, and worldly desires.
20. Leaven is any agent that produces fermentation and causes dough to rise, by causing the formation of carbon dioxide gas to bubble into and spread throughout the dough
21. A little Leaven Leavens the whole lump of dough
Little, Leaven, Leavens, Lump
22. Exodus 12:19-20 Seven days there shall be no Leaven found in your houses; for whoever eats what is Leavened, that person shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he is an alien or a native of the land.
Leaven, Leavened, Land
23. Herod had Leaven, too, and his was basically secularism or the use of religion for political purposes
24. Then, in Matthew 16:5-6, 11, Jesus clearly says that the Leaven He spoke about was the doctrine of the Pharisees and the Sadducees
25. So, then, what is Leaven? In its most basic sense, it is a symbol of corruption, which has a tendency to
26. 2219 zýmē – Leaven (yeast); (figuratively) the spreading influence of what is typically concealed (but still very dramatic)
27. Leaven is generally a symbol of the spreading nature of evil, but note the exception at Lk 13:20:21 (parallel Mt 13:32,33).
28. Yeast, ferment, Leavening, barm The ingredients include wholemeal flour, wheat leven, water and salt
29. 1 Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
30. Leaven His easy-to-follow recipes for everything from smoked bluefish spread to vitello tonnato are available for all to try, Leavened with bits of his trademark humor.
31. A pervasive influence that modifies something or transforms it for the better: they acted as an intellectual Leaven to the warriors who dominated the city.
32. ‘Once active, even a small amount of Leaven will be able to convert a very large quantity of new flour and water into fresh Leaven overnight.’
33. Leaven is a non-profit journal published quarterly by the Religion Division at Pepperdine University
34. Leaven exists to help fellow Christians think together about the challenges of ministry
35. Leaven is a business consultancy focused on transformation
36. Leaven covers the critical stages of transformation, bringing clarity to cloud adoption, digital innovation, and ongoing
37. Leaven A substance added to dough or to liquids to cause fermentation; especially a portion of fermented dough preserved from a previous batch
38. Leaven’s financial assistance is typically immediate, short-term, and emergency based
39. Who does Leaven help? Leaven helps residents of Outagamie, Calumet, northeastern Winnebago counties and New London residents living in Waupaca County
Leaven, London, Living
40. Leaven helps people from all walks of life
41. In the New Testament the noun for "Leaven" is zume and the verb for "to Leaven" is zumoo
42. There are, however, really only three distinct uses of "Leaven" in the New Testament
43. The first occurrence is in the parable of the Leaven ( Matt 13:33; Luke 13:20-21)
44. The Leaven Community building is closed for public events and, when we can safely do so, we will reopen
45. Leaven/yeast is basically old, fermented dough that is placed in new dough to make it rise
46. (Gal 5:9) describes this saying, “a little Leaven Leaveneth the whole lump.”
Little, Leaven, Leaveneth, Lump
47. Leaven makes the dough rise, but the resulting bread or Leaven is less weighty
48. The Parable of the Leaven (also called the Parable of the yeast) is one of the shortest parables of Jesus
49. Leaven definition: If a situation or activity is Leavened by or with something, it is made more interesting Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
50. Welcome to Leaven! An artisan bakery specializing in handmade sourdough bread, along with many …
51. Light and Leaven: The Challenge of the Laity in the Twenty-First Century serves as the lantern we need to shine through the fog
Light, Leaven, Laity, Lantern
52. See 4 authoritative translations of Leaven in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
53. Wine Yeast for Wine Making, Kitchen Leaven Powder-Yeast Powder Kitchen Leaven Powder for Home Rice Wine Making Yeast Powder Rice Wine for Home Use
54. Kingjinglo Baking and Pastry Tools, 5 Packs Chinese Sweet Rice Wine Fermentation Starter Leaven Powder Making Material Home Brewing.
55. What does Leaven mean? An agent, such as yeast, that causes batter or dough to rise, especially by fermentation
56. To get in touch with the Leaven staff, please call us at (913) 721-1570, ext
57. Find 11 ways to say Leaven, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
58. Negative Leaven verses positive Leaven
59. Some wonder: why was the “Leaven” used in this parable in a positive way where in in the OT times Leaven was symbolic of evil? Before the Passover, the Israelites were commanded to remove every trace of Leaven from …
60. In Light and Leaven, Bishop Joseph Strickland speaks the truth plainly, but in a positive and encouraging way that will touch your heart
61. The Leaven is the official newspaper for the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.
62. Leaven, as a noun, is that which causes transformation
63. Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees - In the meantime, when so many thousands of the people had gathered together that they were trampling one another, he began to say to his disciples first, “Beware of the Leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy
Leaven (noun) any substance that produces, or is designed to produce, fermentation, as in dough or liquids; esp., a portion of fermenting dough, which, mixed with a larger quantity of dough, produces a general change in the mass, and renders it light; yeast; barm
leaven. noun. /ˈlevn/. /ˈlevn/. [uncountable] jump to other results. a substance, especially yeast, that is added to bread before it is cooked to make it rise. (figurative) A few jokes add leaven to a boring speech. Word Origin.
leavened(adj) made light by aerating, as with yeast or baking powder; often used as a combining form. "leavened bread"; "well-leavened"; "yeast-leavened breads".