1. Examples of Leathery in a Sentence the old farmer's Leathery, brown skin the Leathery meat served in the cafeteria drove many of us to start bringing our own lunches Recent Examples on the Web Lesser examples can be too Leathery …
Leathery, Lunches, Lesser
2. Leathery adjective tough, hard, rough, hardened, rugged, wrinkled, durable, leathern (archaic), coriaceous, leatherlike His hair is untidy and his skin is quite Leathery
Leathery, Leathern, Leatherlike
3. With the nourishing breath of the German air, and the sort of smoky and Leathery German smell, vigor and good spirits have set in
4. The Leathery Company is more than a development company
5. The Leathery Company was founded in 1972 by one of Ohio’s top commercial brokers, Donald L
6. Lichenification is when your skin becomes thick and Leathery
7. Why are my orchid's leaves wrinkled and Leathery? This orchid has lost its roots, probably due to overwatering, and cannot take up water
Leaves, Leathery, Lost
8. 2 synonyms of Leathery from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 8 related words, definitions, and antonyms
9. Leathery They store water in thick, Leathery leaves and elongated pseudobulbs
10. From San Francisco Chronicle Also, do not thaw any Leathery fossils that may be found.
11. Leathery The thin, Leathery exocarp is discarded by all consumers and causes a burning sensation in the human mouth
12. From the Cambridge English Corpus The name is derived from the tough and Leathery …
13. Leathery is a wine tasting term used to denote the presence of leather-like aromas and flavors in a wine
Leathery, Leather, Like
14. Leathery is always used when describing a red wine and never applies to a white wine.
15. What does Leathery mean? Having the texture or appearance of leather
16. Adjective If the texture of something, for example someone's skin, is Leathery, it is tough and hard, like leather
Leathery, Like, Leather
17. His hair and beard are both untidy and his skin is quite Leathery
18. Synonyms: tough, hard, rough, hardened More Synonyms of Leathery
19. The opening credits alone feature Leathery corpses being cut open against a soundtrack of eerily sinister violins
20. WE LOVE DRAMA BERGENIA OTHERWISE known as elephant's ears because of the shape of their Leathery leaves, these cabbage-shaped low-growing perennials produce pink, mauve, white or red flowers, but their leaves can also change colour
Love, Leathery, Leaves, Low
21. Consisting of a thick strong layer Leathery skin / leaves Synonyms and related words Definition and synonyms of Leathery from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
Layer, Leathery, Leaves
22. Definition of Leathery adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
23. Leathery From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Leathery leath‧er‧y / ˈleðəri / adjective HARD hard and stiff like leather , rather than soft or smooth her Leathery brown skin Examples from the Corpus Leathery • Leathery skin
Leathery, Longman, Leath, Le, Like, Leather
24. Igor Sokolov, assistant physics and chemistry prof., has discovered that human skin becomes Leathery with age due to a loss of elasticity in epithelial cells
25. Synonyms for Leathery include rough, rugged, wrinkled, hard, hardened, coriaceous, callous, furrowed, lined and tough
26. Adjective If the texture of something, for example, someone's skin, is Leathery, it is tough and hard, like leather
Leathery, Like, Leather
27. Synonyms: tough, hard, rough, hardened More Synonyms of Leathery COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
28. Raw,dry,cracked,Leathery skin on bottom side of my foot
29. By Hanna (Idaho) dyshidrosis? it started about a year and a half ago and i noticed a patch of raw,dry,cracked,Leathery skin on bottom side of my right foot, in the big toe area
30. ‘The Leathery sheet object is excellent in water repellency and water resistance in sections formed by cutting.’ ‘At baseline and at 1 month, the lesions were clinically assessed as soft, Leathery or hard.’
31. Antonyms for Leathery include smooth, soft, supple, unwrinkled, silky, moisturized, wrinkle-free, unbroken, wrinkleless and nice
32. Dry and Leathery skin can become a pressing skin problem
33. In order to stop the aging process, you have to learn how to solve dry and Leathery skin issues first
34. Curtido (skin) My grandfather worked the fields, and he had dark, Leathery skin.Mi abuelo trabajaba en los campos y …
35. Thick, Leathery leaves are often an adaptation of nature that allows plants to survive searing sun and drought
36. How to say Leathery in English? Pronunciation of Leathery with 1 audio pronunciation, 9 synonyms, 13 translations, 1 sentence and more for Leathery.
37. My testicles are Leathery and peeling and even itchy sometimes Dry, flakey, itchy skin on scrotum Scrotum with scaly tough skin and can be peeled off Dry peeling skin around my labia minora burning and itchy vagina with discharge Yeast infection around perineum …
38. Leathery adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." figurative (tough like animal skin) curtido/a adj adjetivo: Describe el sustantivo
39. The old woman looked Leathery from having spent too much time in the sun.
40. Definition of Leathery written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
Leathery, Language, Learners, Learner, Labels
41. Leathery meat n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc
42. Definition of Leathery in the Definitions.net dictionary
43. What does Leathery mean? Information and translations of Leathery in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
44. The Leathery Dragon can be bred using any two dragons, in either order, containing the Lightning, Earth, Fire and Cold elements, at the Breeding Cave/Epic Breeding Island
45. The Leathery Hag, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
46. Products of Leathery Goodness: Most of our work is in medium to hard leather (6-10 oz)
47. Leathery is the fourth family to own the building
48. Secondary (Second) - Leathery: FR : amber oil : odor: burnt leather smoky tar like amber: CS: 4-tert-butyl phenol : odor: oakmoss leather: FR: 2-iso: butyl quinoline …
Leathery, Leather, Like
49. 3rd Degree: Full thickness skin damage - skin is white and Leathery; 4th Degree: Same as third degree but with damage to deeper structures such as tendons, joints and bone; Figure 1
50. Leathery Hide is a Common component for use in Head Armor
51. The Blueprint: Leathery Hide can be purchased from the Homestead Faction Quartermaster after reaching Respected status
52. Crafts one Leathery Hide Component.
53. The leatherback sea turtle (Dermochelys coriacea), sometimes called the lute turtle or Leathery turtle or simply the luth, is the largest of all living turtles and is the fourth-heaviest modern reptile behind three crocodilians
Leatherback, Lute, Leathery, Luth, Largest, Living
54. – Leathery grapefern Subordinate Taxa
Definition of leathery. : resembling, characteristic of, or suggestive of leather. a leathery face. a leathery aroma.
The name is derived from the tough and leathery nature of thy skin of the larva. His lungs become like a leathery sponge. The leathery leaves resemble holly and the stems and twigs have a thickened, corky appearance. As a result, they have tough, leathery blue-grey skin, which exudes no moisture.
The thin, leathery exocarp is discarded by all consumers and causes a burning sensation in the human mouth. The name is derived from the tough and leathery nature of thy skin of the larva. Example from the Hansard archive. Contains Parliamentary information licensed under the Open Parliament Licence v3.0
adj. Having the texture or appearance of leather: a leathery face. like leather in appearance or texture; tough and flexible. (of) the skin of an animal prepared for making clothes, luggage etc. shoes made of leather; a leather jacket/case. like leather, especially tough.