latrine (noun) · latrines (plural noun)
1. Latrine definition is - a receptacle (such as a pit in the earth) for use as a toilet
2. How to use Latrine in a sentence.
3. N. A communal toilet of a type often used in a camp or barracks. [From French Latrines, privies, from Old French, from Latin lātrīna, privy, from lavātrīna, bath, privy; see leu (ə)- in Indo-European roots.] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
4. A simple one such as a hole in the ground, used in a military area or when camping (= living in a tent for a short period) (Definition of Latrine from the Cambridge Academic …
5. Synonyms of Latrine a room furnished with a fixture for flushing body waste where's the nearest Latrine, soldier?
6. Those who make use of a palace as a Latrine, or vice versa, must certainly reap the fruit of their folly. A GUIDE TO HEALTH MAHATMA GANDHI Next beyond the abris was the Latrine from which a puff of wind brought now and then a nauseous stench
7. A raccoon Latrine in King County is very likely to contain roundworm eggs that can be hazardous to human health
8. Most importantly, the Latrine should not be within 200 yards of a water source, so it doesn't contaminate the water
9. Once you've selected the best possible location, the next step is to dig the Latrine
10. Clear any brush or fallen leaves from the area you've designated for your Latrine.
11. A Latrine is a communal facility containing one or more (commonly many) toilets which may be simple pit toilets dug in the field or, in the case of the United States Armed Forces (or more specifically, the U.S
12. N. A communal toilet of a type often used in a camp or barracks. [From French Latrines, privies, from Old French, from Latin lātrīna, privy, from lavātrīna, bath, privy; see leu (ə)- in Indo-European roots.] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
13. Latrine components, and a Latrine design project work to accomplish this
14. Noun A toilet or outhouse, especially a communal one in a camp or barracks. ‘One soldier, rather close to the bottom of the ladder, was quite satisfied to simply keep the Latrines clean and the barracks stoves going in cold weather.’
15. The Latrine is a special room that is good for relieving a bit of extra stress when used
16. It needs to be at least 12 tiles big in area and requires the following: Toilet (ex: Outhouse) Wash Station (ex: Wash Basin) No industrial machinery The "small amount of stress" in the description is actually quite significant: Latrine bonus is -5% stress/cycle for a whole cycle
17. The pit Latrine works similarly to a septic tank; liquids seep into the surrounding soil and solids remain
18. At the start of every project, our team makes sure that the Latrines are located in an area with an appropriate distance from the local water supply and
19. The Erfurt Latrine disaster of 1184 offers a bizarre mix of tragedy and comedy
20. The incident, known in German as Erfurter Latrinensturz, was an unbelievable disaster
21. Hey, you little Latrine lips! If I hear you speaking like that around your grandmother again, you're going to be grounded for a week! 2
22. To construct a basic pit Latrine, you don’t need engineers, special equipment or much money
23. A pit Latrine, also known as pit toilet, is a type of toilet that collects human feces in a hole in the ground
24. Pit Latrines can be built to function without water or they can have a water seal (pour-flush pit Latrine).
25. Synonyms for Latrine include toilet, lavatory, bathroom, washroom, loo, john, restroom, bog, can and cloakroom
26. Apr 22, 2019 - Explore Museum of Poo's board "Latrines", followed by 248 people on Pinterest
27. A Latrine is a structure, usually consisting of a hole in the ground, that is used as a toilet, for example in a military camp
28. There were no proper toilets, but only an outdoor Latrine
29. They made me clean out the Latrines
30. A school headmaster in South Africa has been charged with child abuse after lowering an 11-year-old student into a pit Latrine to search for the official’s cellphone, according to local news reports
31. Hey, you little Latrine lips! If I hear you speaking like that around your grandmother again, you're going to be grounded for a week! 2
32. Pit Latrine Slabs and Platforms Can Be Designed to Be Made of Concrete, Wood, or Bamboo and Are Built to Accommodate Latrine Improvements
33. Pit Latrine Slab and Platform Design
34. The slab or platform is the floor of the Latrine
35. The term “Latrine” comes from the Latin “lavare”, which means “to wash”
36. Pit Latrine A type of outdoor Latrine, used where it is impractical to provide a standard, flushing-type toilet
37. The Queen of the Latrine is an old lady who thinks she is entitled to everything, when she is actually entitled to a piece-shit.
38. English: A Latrine (from Latin lavatrina a privy) can refer to a toilet or a simpler facility which is used as a toilet within a sanitation system, such as a communal trench in the earth in a camp, a hole in the ground (pit), or more advanced designs, including pour-flush systems.
39. The Latrine Portable Toilet DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS:
40. The following is the detailed design specifications for the Latrine port a john rental
41. Empty using a Latrine by hand mechanical means tanker Back-fill the top of the Dig out the contents of the Use a simple device (e.g
42. Use a motorized tanker with Latrine with soil, and build Latrine using a spade and MAPET) with a manpowered a vacuum pump
43. Synonyms for Latrine in Free Thesaurus
44. 13 words related to Latrine: public convenience, public lavatory, public toilet, restroom, toilet facility, wash room, comfort station, convenience
45. This handbook is the outcome of the ecological sanitation Latrine promotion projects carried out by WaterAid’s partners in Nepal : the Environment and Public Health Organisation, Lumanti
46. Definition of Latrine (noun): toilet outside
47. Definition and synonyms of Latrine from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
48. This is the British English definition of Latrine.View American English definition of Latrine.
49. Definition of Latrine noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
50. Download Latrine images and photos
51. Over 2,123 Latrine pictures to choose from, with no signup needed
52. Pit toilets (also referred to as Latrines) are a sanitation technology used for onsite waste management
53. Our results indicate that most sanitation interventions only had a modest impact on increasing Latrine coverage and use
54. A Latrine is a structure, usually consisting of a hole in the ground, that is used as a toilet, for example, in a military camp.
As nouns the difference between latrine and toilet is that latrine is a very simple toilet facility, usually just a pit or trench see also the slang terms john and johnny house while toilet is (archaic) personal grooming; washing, dressing etc. (dated) to dress and groom oneself.
Definition of latrine. 1 : a receptacle (such as a pit in the earth) for use as a toilet. 2 : toilet sense 1.
The word "latrine" is derived from the Latin lavatrina, meaning bath. Today it is commonly used in the term " pit latrine ". It has the connotation of something being less advanced and less hygienic than a standard toilet .
Types of Latrines & Basics of Latrine Construction