1. Languorous definition is - producing or tending to produce languor
2. How to use Languorous in a sentence
3. Synonym Discussion of Languorous.
4. Inducing languor: Languorous fragrance.
5. Some common synonyms of Languorous are lackadaisical, languid, listless, and spiritless. While all these words mean "lacking energy or enthusiasm," Languorous suggests a dreamy boredom and delicacy that avoids unnecessary activity
Languorous, Lackadaisical, Languid, Listless, Lacking
6. Languorous cats lying in the sun When is it sensible to use lackadaisical instead of Languorous?
Languorous, Lying, Lackadaisical
7. Languorous refers to a certain kind of mood everyone gets in sometimes — when you'd rather lie around thinking than doing work or having fun. When you're Languorous, you're tired and maybe a little depressed
Languorous, Lie, Little
8. Things can be Languorous, too — like a hot, Languorous summer afternoon or a Languorous song that’s slow and mournful.
9. What is the definition of Languorous? What is the meaning of Languorous? How do you use Languorous in a sentence? What are synonyms for Languorous?
10. / ˈlæŋ.ɡɚ.əs / mentally or physically tired or not active, in a way that feels or looks pleasant: I felt warm and Languorous
11. A Languorous, redolent air just stirred the waving grain, on which rested a glossy shimmer
12. UNDER THE ROSE FREDERIC STEWART ISHAM A lime tree, whose leaves were stirred by the Languorous breeze, kept tapping against the window.
Lime, Leaves, Languorous
13. (læŋgərəs) adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] If you describe an activity as Languorous, you mean that it is lazy, relaxed, and not energetic, usually in a pleasant way.
14. An intricate, Languorous game in which stones are moved on a board, Go is largely unknown outside Japan and parts of China
15. Indulge your taste buds in an ambrosial meal prepared by a creative Hawaiian chef, then take a long Languorous walk, arm in arm, along the beach.
16. Definition of Languorous in the Definitions.net dictionary
17. What does Languorous mean? Information and translations of Languorous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
18. Languorous: Affected by languor; exhibiting languor; languid
Languorous, Languor, Languid
19. They recalled the Languorous siesta of hot mid-day, deep in green undergrowth, the sun striking through in tiny golden shafts and spots; the boating and bathing of the afternoon, the rambles along dusty lanes and through yellow cornfields; and the long, cool evening at last, when so many threads were gathered up, so …
Languorous, Lanes, Long, Last
20. Languorous Meaning: "mournful," from Old French langoros "ill, ailing, suffering, languishing" (11c., Modern French… See definitions of Languorous.
Languorous, Langoros, Languishing
21. Osgood, McIlvaine and Co., page 12: The atmosphere beneath is Languorous, and is so tinged with azure that what artists call the middle distance partakes also of that hue, while the horizon beyond is of the
22. Intense' and the outward lassitude, the Languorous pose and the drooping limb were a sure sign of the cultivation of the inner life of intentsified sensation
Lassitude, Languorous, Limb, Life
23. I closed my eyes in a Languorous ecstasy and waited—waited with beating heart
24. (Dracula, by Bram Stoker) It entered into them, dreamy and Languorous, weakening the fibres of resolution, suffusing the face of morality, or of judgment, with haze and purple mist.Martin felt tender and melting, and from time to time warm glows passed over him.
25. Pleasantly lazy and without energy a Languorous pace of life Definitions on the go Look up any word in the dictionary offline, anytime, anywhere with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app.
Lazy, Languorous, Life, Look, Learner
26. Translation for 'Languorous' in the free English-Chinese dictionary and many other Chinese translations.
27. This was the borough for more Languorous indulgence, under the roofs of the establishment houses
28. They accompanied on guzlas, on castanets, on tambourines, and sang the old airs, doleful and Languorous, or excitable and breathiess as the flight of the earliest nomads in …
29. Synonyms for Languorous include enervated, lackadaisical, languid, languishing, limp, listless, spiritless, apathetic, blah and blahs
Languorous, Lackadaisical, Languid, Languishing, Limp, Listless
30. See authoritative translations of Languorous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
31. Described as "an inviting, luminous hue," the shade combines the serene qualities of blue and the invigorating aspects of green" evokes thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a Languorous, effective escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the …
32. Languorous - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
33. Definition of Languorous adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
34. The Languorous backpackers made their way up the hill with little enthusiasm or energy
35. 🔊 Appearing Languorous on the field, the lazy player was put on the bench and replaced with a more energetic one
36. 🔊 Languorous cats roam around the island, stopping to nap wherever they can
37. Languorous (Thesaurus) languor langur
Languorous, Languor, Langur
38. How to say Languorous in English? Pronunciation of Languorous with 1 audio pronunciation, 11 synonyms, 11 translations, 2 sentences and more for Languorous.
39. Learn the translation for ‘Languorous’ in LEO’s English ⇔ German dictionary
Learn, Languorous, Leo
40. What is the opposite of Languorous? Antonyms for Languorous (opposite of Languorous).
41. Languorous Urdu Meaning - Find the correct meaning of Languorous in Urdu, it is important to understand the word properly when we translate it from English to Urdu
42. There are always several meanings of each word in Urdu, the correct meaning of Languorous in Urdu is غَنُودَہ, and in …
43. Spanish Translation of “Languorous” The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online
44. Find 47 ways to say Languorous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
45. Translation for 'Languorous' in the free English-Swedish dictionary and many other Swedish translations.
46. Define Languorous by Webster's Dictionary, WordNet Lexical Database, Dictionary of Computing, Legal Dictionary, Medical Dictionary, Dream Dictionary.
Languorous, Lexical, Legal
47. Or Poetic] [1913 Webster] Whom late I left in Languorous constraint
Late, Left, Languorous
48. Languorous and lethargic, the tired woman laid in bed all day long
Languorous, Lethargic, Laid, Long
49. 🔊 Because she is naturally Languorous, the girl daydreams all day and gets very little done
50. 🔊 The newborn baby was Languorous and slept most hours of the day
51. 🔊 The sloth is known for being a Languorous creature since it barely moves and spends most of its day resting
52. Languorous 'Languorous' is a 10 letter word starting with L and ending with S Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Languorous We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Languorous will help you to finish your crossword today
Languorous, Letter, List
53. I am somewhat lethargic, Languorous, my will and wishes drugged by a toxic scepticism resistant to the known and animating treatments of "doing for doing"
54. There are Languorous afternoons and evenings swimming and smoking pot
55. Every lingering shred of sleep, every Languorous thought of Johnny, was wiped from her mind
56. For two days he was Languorous and esteemed
57. Languorously (comparative more Languorously, superlative most Languorously) In a Languorous manner, without exertion, lazily
Languorously, Languorous, Lazily
58. I stretched Languorously, and then remained in bed.
59. Translations in context of "Languorous" in English-German from Reverso Context: In this vein, pleasure enjoyment will allow more "emotional" and physical with a multitude of little things over daily: small dish prepared lovingly, chaste kiss, embrace, flowers, sweet words, admiring gaze or Languorous
Languorous, Little, Lovingly
60. Hi! We're Allie & Jordan, co-founding editors of the Anti-Languorous Project, an online open-access literary hub
61. Normally, they are terribly skittish, otters, but this fellow was Languorous as a surfer
62. Whisked through the front door by a man in a tux, I found myself in a Languorous 19th-century world
63. You don't quaff this stuff: It provides a more Languorous sensual payback.
64. The Anti-Languorous Project is an online open-access creative writing hub that publishes antilang., a magazine of literary brevity; Good Short Reviews; and the On Editing blog series
65. Antithesize Languorous language
Definition of languorous 1 : producing or tending to produce languor a languorous climate those hot and languorous southern days 2 : full of or characterized by languor a languorous soak in the tub may be a rare respite for most women — Vogue
Synonym Discussion of languorous. languid, languorous, lackadaisical, listless, spiritless mean lacking energy or enthusiasm. languid refers to an unwillingness or inability to exert oneself due to fatigue or physical weakness.
Some common synonyms of languorous are lackadaisical, languid, listless, and spiritless. While all these words mean "lacking energy or enthusiasm," languorous suggests a dreamy boredom and delicacy that avoids unnecessary activity. When is it sensible to use lackadaisical instead of languorous?
adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] If you describe an activity as languorous, you mean that it is lazy, relaxed, and not energetic, usually in a pleasant way.