1. What does Lacadaisical mean? Information and translations of Lacadaisical in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web
2. The latest Tweets from Laura Finlay (@Lacadaisical)
Latest, Laura, Lacadaisical
3. Check out Lacadaisical by DJ DSADBBH on Amazon Music
4. The u/Lacadaisical community on Reddit
5. PGA 3 - Lacadaisical Lymphatics
6. See what Lacadaisical (Lacadaisical) has discovered on Pinterest, the world's biggest collection of ideas.
7. Shop Lacadaisical Flask designed by Gill
8. Shop Lacadaisical Shot Glass designed by Gill
Definition of lackadaisical. : lacking life, spirit, or zest : languid teachers who are impatient with lackadaisical students.
While all these words mean "lacking energy or enthusiasm," lackadaisical implies a carefree indifference marked by half-hearted efforts. Where would languid be a reasonable alternative to lackadaisical?
When folks had one of those days back in the 17th century, they'd cry "Lackaday" to express their sorrow and disappointment. Lackaday was a shortened form of the expression " alack the day."
Some people use the pronunciation (lăk′sə), as though the word were spelled lacksadaisicalor laxadaisical. The confusion is probably semantic—someone who is lackadaisicalcould be said to have a laxattitude. In our 2014 survey, the Usage Panel overwhelmingly preferred the traditional pronunciation.