1. When used as a noun, jest can also mean a taunt or jeer, as in Don’t allow his Jests to upset you
Jest, Jeer, Jests
2. The Crossword Solver found 71 answers to the Jests crossword clue
3. Jests Sentence Examples From politeness and to start conversation, they asked him a few questions about the army and the battle, and then the talk went off into merry Jestsand gossip
4. Charles entered Florence on the 17th of November 1494, and the citizens' fears evaporated in Jestson …
5. Definition of Jests in the Definitions.net dictionary
6. What does Jests mean? Information and translations of Jests in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
7. Jests' : English Russian Common Words Pro Dictionary translates words, phrases, idioms and sentences.
8. Jest·ed, jest·ing, Jests 1
9. 61 synonyms of Jests from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 93 related words, definitions, and antonyms
10. Jests: something said or done to cause laughter.
11. Many translated example sentences containing "Jests" – Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations.
12. Katt Jests that she and Falco have known each other since kindergarten in the "Lylat Wars Comic", and that Falco didn't have the very best behaviour
13. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Jests yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
14. “J.K..” will find “JOKES”.) Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Jests” Contribute to Crossword Clues
15. After Miller's death, John Mottley (1692–1750) brought out a book called Joe Miller's Jests, or the Wit's Vade-Mecum (1739), published under the pseudonym of Elijah Jenkins Esq
John, Joe, Jests, Jenkins
16. Synonyms for Jests include humor, humour, jokes, joking, wit, comedy, jesting, witticisms, gags and puns
Jests, Jokes, Joking, Jesting
17. Find below definitions and meanings of Jests
18. Synonyms for Jests in Free Thesaurus
19. Another way to say Jests? Synonyms for Jests (other words and phrases for Jests).
20. Harmony Kingdom Treasure Jests Limited Edition 2pc Mouse Damask Figurine Signed
21. In the 1970's and 80's often people would sport Jests with rhinestone jewelry sewn in on the back
22. Widely shunned since the late 90's, Jests are currently only worn by bikers, homosexuals, and serial killers.
23. Joe Miller's Book of Jests - Kindle edition by Mottley, John
Joe, Jests, John
24. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Joe Miller's Book of Jests.
25. Joe Miller's Complete Jest Book: Being a Collection of the Most Excellent Bon Mots, Brilliant Jests, and Striking Anecdotes, in the English Language (Classic Reprint) [Miller, Joe] on Amazon.com
Joe, Jest, Jests
26. Joe Miller's Complete Jest Book: Being a Collection of the Most Excellent Bon Mots, Brilliant Jests, and Striking Anecdotes
Joe, Jest, Jests
27. Joe Miller's complete jest book : being a collection of the most excellent bon mots, brilliant Jests, and striking anecdotes, in the English language by Miller, Joe, 1684-1738; Mottley, John, 1692-1750
Joe, Jest, Jests, John
The definition of a jest is a joke or teasing remark. An example of jest is what a comedian does. Jest is defined as to joke or tease.
The saying many a truth is said in jest means that just because someone says something funny, doesn't mean that it isn't also true. Sometimes people joke in order to gently let someone know an unpleasant fact about that person.
Another word for jest. Noun. jest, jocularity, joke - activity characterized by good humor. gag, jape, jest, joke, laugh - a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter.
Surely you jest! something done or said in order to amuse; a joke; a witticism; a jocose or sportive remark or phrase. See Synonyms under Jest, v. i