1. Isthmus of auditory tube (Isthmus of eustachian tube) the narrowest part of the eustachian tube at the junction of its bony and cartilaginous parts. Isthmus of fauces (Isthmus fau´cium) the constricted aperture between the cavity of the mouth and the pharynx.
2. Isthmus definition is - a narrow strip of land connecting two larger land areas.
3. An Isthmus is a narrow strip of land that connects two larger landmass es and separates two bodies of water. Isthmuses have been strategic locations for centuries
Isthmus, Is, Isthmuses
4. Isthmus, narrow strip of land connecting two large land areas otherwise separated by bodies of water. Isthmuses are of great importance in plant and animal geography because they offer a path for the migration of plants and animals between the two land masses they connect.
Isthmus, Isthmuses, Importance, In
5. See synonyms for Isthmus on Thesaurus.com noun, plural isth·mus·es, isth·mi [is-mahy]. a narrow strip of land, bordered on both sides by water, connecting two larger bodies of land. Anatomy, …
Isthmus, Isth, Is
6. Isthmus of auditory tube (Isthmus of eustachian tube) the narrowest part of the eustachian tube at the junction of its bony and cartilaginous parts.
7. Isthmus is the region’s go-to engineering firm for CADD-based training and transportation design services
8. This list of Isthmuses is an appendix to the article Isthmus.The list is sorted by the region of the world in which the Isthmus is located
Isthmuses, Is, Isthmus, In
9. An Isthmus (/ ˈ ɪ s θ m ə s / or / ˈ ɪ s m ə s /; plural: Isthmuses, or occasionally isthmi; from Ancient Greek: ἰσθμός, romanized: isthmos, lit
Isthmus, Isthmuses, Isthmi, Isthmos
10. Isthmus Eye Care is committed to providing exceptional eye health care to each and every patient
11. Isthmus Landform: Formation, Location and Examples An Isthmus is a narrow strip of land, bounded on either side by a body of water
12. The narrow strip of land (Isthmus), connects two larger pieces of land
13. The narrow strip (Isthmus) usually separates a body of water into two parts
14. Furthermore, Isthmuses vary in size
15. Isthmus (plural Isthmuses or isthmi) A narrow strip of land, bordered on both sides by water , and connecting two larger landmasses
Isthmus, Isthmuses, Isthmi
16. An Isthmus is a piece of land which connects two parts
17. At Isthmus, the charity, we connect hungry children with food to eat on weekends when they would otherwise go hungry
18. While there are numerous feeding programs for children during school hours, Isthmus fills the gaps between Friday and Monday.
19. Isthmus Sailboards offers windsurfing foils from Horue, Neil Pryde, Progressive/Epic, RRD, Slingshot and Starboard
20. The Isthmus is a small region, only about 2 cm (0.8 inch) long, that connects the ampulla and infundibulum to the uterus
Isthmus, Is, Inch, Infundibulum
21. The thyroid gland is shaped like a butterfly with two wings or lobes on either side of the windpipe that are joined together by a bridge of tissue, called the Isthmus, which crosses over the front of the windpipe. Most thyroid cancers are found in the lobes and …
Is, Isthmus, In
22. Isthmus is the second novel in the series begun with Widow Walk in 2013
Isthmus, Is, In
23. An Isthmus is a strip of narrow land with water on each side, connecting two greater land masses
24. How are Isthmuses Formed? An Isthmus can be formed by volcanic activity, creating a chain of islands that block a channel and collect sediment, forming an Isthmus
Isthmuses, Isthmus, Islands
25. ‘Currently, the narrow Isthmus of southern Armenia, which is squeezed from both sides by Azerbaijan has been officially considered a ‘borderline territory.’’ ‘The southern region is a narrow Isthmus with hills running down the center.’ ‘The Isthmus of Land's End was supposedly once connected to …
26. 2,385 Followers, 287 Following, 319 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Isthmus (@Isthmus_nz)
27. Cancers located in the Isthmus are more likely to spread outside of the thyroid than cancers located in the lobes
28. Because of these findings, a biopsy should be performed in all Isthmus nodules with suspicious findings by ultrasound and special attention should be paid to search for abnormal lymph nodes on both sides of the neck.
29. In brief, an incision is made over the cervical trachea, avoiding the thyroid Isthmus and associated vessels
In, Incision, Is, Isthmus
30. 169, describes the locality: “A low and narrow Isthmus
31. Joins the main body of the Cnidian peninsula to a high point of land sheltering in its lee on either side of the Isthmus two fine harbors.
In, Its, Isthmus
32. Isthmus definition: An Isthmus is a narrow piece of land connecting two very large areas of land
33. What does Isthmus mean? The definition of an Isthmus is a narrow strip of land that connects two larger bodies of land and is surrounded by wate
34. The aortic Isthmus is the part of the aorta just distal to the origin of the left subclavian artery at the site of the ductus arteriosus.
35. The Isthmus of Tehuantepec (Spanish pronunciation: [tewanteˈpek]) is an Isthmus in Mexico.It represents the shortest distance between the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean.Prior to the opening of the Panama Canal, it was a major overland shipping route known simply as the Tehuantepec Route.The name is taken from the town of Santo Domingo Tehuantepec in the state of Oaxaca; this …
Isthmus, Is, In, It
36. Isthmus Partners is an SEC-registered investment advisor that serves as a fiduciary putting clients’ interests first and foremost.
Isthmus, Is, Investment, Interests
37. Isthmus (n.) 1550s, from Latin Isthmus, from Greek isthmos "narrow passage, narrow neck of land between two seas," originally especially that of Corinth, a word of unknown origin
38. Thyroid Isthmus: Why is thyroid Isthmus transected into two pieces? ANS: that is the way it evolved
Isthmus, Is, Into, It
39. A 29-year-old female asked: fmy right thyroid lobe measures 5.7 x 3.1 x 3.6 and the left thyroid lobe measures 6.0 x 2.8 x 2.8 cm in dimensions.the thyroid Isthmus measures 0.8 c?
40. The tympanic Isthmus is a narrow passage between the tubotympanic cavity and the atticomastoid air space
41. Obstruction of the tympanic Isthmus is frequent in various types of middle ear disease and causes significant air-diffusion disturbance within the temporal bone pneumatic system.
Isthmus, Is, In
42. 15 reviews of Two Harbors-the Isthmus of Catalina "Two Harbors is definitely the place to go to get away from the big city without having to go too far or spend a lot of money
43. Definition of Isthmus noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
44. An Isthmus is a narrow piece of land that connects two larger pieces of land
45. 1 Appearance 2 List of Isthmuses 2.1 2.2 2.3 2
46. ‘Currently, the narrow Isthmus of southern Armenia, which is squeezed from both sides by Azerbaijan has been officially considered a ‘borderline territory.’’ ‘The southern region is a narrow Isthmus with hills running down the center.’ ‘The Isthmus of Land's End was supposedly once connected to …
isthmus (noun) · isthmuses (plural noun) · isthmi (plural noun)
The main difference betweenthe two is that while a strait lies between two land masses and connects two larger bodies of water, an isthmus lies between two bodies of water and connects two larger land masses. Answered by Social Science Expert
An isthmus is a narrow strip of land that connects two larger or wider sections of land. The isthmus of Panama, which connects South America to Central/North America, and the Sinai peninsula, which connects Africa to Asia, are two examples of isthmi. The movement of tectonic plates is responsible for the creation of some isthmi.
Straits are the converse of isthmuses. That is, while a strait lies between two land masses and connects two larger bodies of water, an isthmus lies between two bodies of water and connects two larger land masses.
An isthmus (or ; plural: isthmuses; from Ancient Greek: ἰσθμός, romanized: isthmós, lit. 'neck') is a narrow piece of land connecting two larger areas across an expanse of water by which they are otherwise separated. A tombolo is an isthmus that consists of a spit or bar, and a strait is the sea counterpart of an isthmus.