See also: Intermittent Intermit Intermitted Intermittently Intermittence Intermittency Intermittion Intermittingly Intense Interest Integrity Intelligence Interlude Integrate Interminable Interesting Intensify Interpret Intelligent Integer Intercede Intervene Interim Intensity Integration Interpretation Intellectual Integral Interval Internal
1. Intermit definition is - to cause to cease for a time or at intervals : discontinue.
Intermit, Is, Intervals
2. [ in-ter- mit ] See synonyms for: Intermit / Intermitted on Thesaurus.com verb (used with object), in·ter·mit·ted, in·ter·mit·ting
In, Intermit, Intermitted
3. Intermit synonyms, Intermit pronunciation, Intermit translation, English dictionary definition of Intermit
4. Dick was one of those people whose wrath has a tendency to Intermit and get cold, even to perish, temporarily, from forgetfulness
5. SOMERVILLE AND MARTIN ROSS So, in dependence on those prophets, they applied themselves earnestly to building, and did not Intermit one day
6. Intermittent definition is - coming and going at intervals : not continuous; also : occasional
Intermittent, Is, Intervals
7. How to use Intermittent in a sentence.
8. Intermittent fasting (IF) is currently one of the world’s most popular health and fitness trends
Intermittent, If, Is
9. That's the logic behind Intermittent fasting, a weight loss approach that's become more popular over the past few years
10. 16/8 Intermittent fasting involves limiting consumption of foods and calorie-containing beverages to a set window of eight hours per day and abstaining …
11. Origin of Intermit Latin Intermittere inter- inter- mittere to let go From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition From Latin intermittere, from inter- + mittere.
Intermit, Intermittere, Inter
12. (1987) Intermit tent surging movements of a coastal landslide
13. Rocky coast processes: with special reference to the recession of soft rock cliffs (5) While the QoS of the PU cannot be satisfied, the service will Intermit. In this case, the PU may offer some licensed spectrum to …
14. From Latin Intermittere, from inter- + mittere.
15. Definition of Intermit in the Definitions.net dictionary
16. What does Intermit mean? Information and translations of Intermit in the most comprehensive …
Intermit, Information, In
17. Intermit - cease an action temporarily; "We pause for station identification"; "let's break for lunch" pause, break
18. Intermit: 1 v cease an action temporarily Synonyms: break , pause Types: breathe , catch one's breath , rest , take a breather take a short break from one's activities in order to relax take five take a break for five minutes take ten take a ten minute break Type of: break up , …
19. Intermit (v.) 1540s, "to interrupt" (obsolete); 1570s as "to discontinue for a time, suspend" (trans.) and "cease for a time" (intrans.), from Latin Intermittere "to leave off, leave an interval, omit, suspend, interrupt, neglect," from inter "between" (see inter-) + mittere "to send" (see mission).
Intermit, Interrupt, Intrans, Intermittere, Interval, Inter
20. Intermit - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
21. Moreover, in primary cultured neurons, chronic Intermit tent ethanol exposure resulted in demethylation of a regulatory region of the NR2B gene, which correlated with increased NR2B gene expression (Qiang et al
In, Intermit, Increased
22. Epigenetics--beyond the genome in alcoholism Own all essential elements of being a High-Lewi Off-Set Intermit tent Press.
23. Intermit definition: to suspend ( activity ) or (of activity) to be suspended temporarily or at intervals Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
24. Dick was one of those people whose wrath has a tendency to Intermit and get cold, even to perish, temporarily, from forgetfulness
25. SOMERVILLE AND MARTIN ROSS So, in dependence on those prophets, they applied themselves earnestly to building, and did not Intermit one day
26. Insensibility, affective deficiency, follows from a particular kind of ethical-religious offense: "Run to your houses, fall upon your knees, / Pray to the gods to Intermit the plague / That needs must light on this ingratitude" (I
Insensibility, Intermit, Ingratitude
27. Suspend or discontinue (an action or practice) for a time "he was urged to Intermit his application" Intermit (verb) (especially of a fever or pulse) stop for a time.
28. Intermit vb , -mits, -mitting, -mitted to suspend (activity) or (of activity) to be suspended temporarily or at intervals (C16: from Latin Intermittere to leave off, from inter- + …
Intermit, Intervals, Intermittere, Inter
29. ‘A student allowed to Intermit may be permitted to return in another session to recommence the programme, or resume the programme, or sit the examinations, as may be decided.’ ‘Applicants who Intermitted within the past five years may apply for admission to the first or second year if they meet the conditions originally stipulated for
Intermit, In, Intermitted, If
30. Antonyms for Intermit include continue, resume, re-establish, accept, add, advance, allow, begin, complete and do
31. In fevers which do not Intermit, if the external parts be cold, and the internal burning hot, and fever prevail, it is a mortal sign.
In, Intermit, If, Internal, It, Is
32. In a fever which does not Intermit, if a lip, the nose, or an eye be distorted, if the patient lose his sense of sight or of hearing, while now in a weak state, - whatever of these symptoms occurs it is mortal.
In, Intermit, If, It, Is
33. ‘A student allowed to Intermit may be permitted to return in another session to recommence the programme, or resume the programme, or sit the examinations, as may be decided.’ ‘Applicants who Intermitted within the past five years may apply for admission to the first or second year if they meet the conditions originally stipulated for
Intermit, In, Intermitted, If
34. Another way to say Intermit? Synonyms for Intermit (other words and phrases for Intermit).
35. See authoritative translations of Intermit in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
36. Translation for 'to Intermit' in the free English-Dutch dictionary and many other Dutch translations.
37. I may Intermit my hopeless roarings, melancholy as those of any caged zoological beast.: There was no answer and no Intermit to the sobs and tears she was pouring on my letter.: The other is to Intermit it wholly for a certain period, and let other subjects have their swing.: I will do this tonic justice, and frankly admit that the accursed portrait began to Intermit its visits under its
Intermit, Is, It, Its
38. Intermit in a sentence - Use "Intermit" in a sentence 1
39. When the cut is symmetrical , it can be drawn on the Intermitting position of the view 2
Is, It, Intermitting
40. Doubt seems hepatitis case not diagnose or before eliminating , should Intermit works formerly click for more sentences of Intermit: 5.
41. Intermit (vi.)暫時停止,中斷(vt.)使間斷
42. Dictionary entry overview: What does Intermit mean? • Intermit (verb) The verb Intermit has 1 sense:
43. Cease an action temporarily Familiarity information: Intermit used as a verb is very rare.
Information, Intermit, Is
44. Intermit (Thesaurus) intermissive Intermittent
Intermit, Intermissive, Intermittent
45. Intermit Meaning in English to Urdu is روکنا, as written in Urdu and Rokna, as written in Roman Urdu
Intermit, In, Is
46. There are many synonyms of Intermit which include Close, Culminate, Desist, Die, Discontinue, Drop, End, Fail, Finish, Halt, Quit, Refrain, Stay, Surcease, Terminate, Knock Off, Break Off, Wind Up, Shut Down, Quit Cold Turkey, Back Off, Close Out, Leave Off, Give
47. International students who want to Intermit should visit the international intermission compliance page
International, Intermit, Intermission
48. If you Intermit after census date you will be liable for the full amount of your fees, including the student services and amenities fee
If, Intermit, Including
49. We've got 0 rhyming words for Intermit » What rhymes with Intermit? This page is about the various possible words that rhymes or sounds like Intermit.Use it for writing poetry, composing lyrics for your song or coming up with rap verses.
Intermit, Is, It
50. Intermitto inter and mitto, to send
51. Pray to the gods, to Intermit the plague
52. Intermit', To cease for a time to go off at intervals as a fever
53. A tertian fever Intermits every other day.
54. Lampwcurtain, Intermit, wiperconstantwspot
intermit (verb) · intermits (third person present) · intermitted (past tense) · intermitted (past participle) · intermitting (present participle)
Definition of intermit. transitive verb. : to cause to cease for a time or at intervals : discontinue. intransitive verb. : to be intermittent.
Use intermittent in a sentence. adjective. The definition of intermittent is something that starts and stops or happens irregularly. An example of intermittent is occasional thunder during a rainstorm.
Adjective . intermittent (comparative more intermittent, superlative most intermittent) Stopping and starting, occuring, or presenting at intervals; coming after a particular time span. Synonyms: periodic, periodical, patchy, spasmodic Antonyms: steady, constant, continual The day was cloudy with intermittent rain.