See also: Intermission Intermissionary Intense Interest Integrity Intelligence Interlude Integrate Interminable Interesting Intensify Interpret Intelligent Integer Intercede Intervene Intermittent Interim Intensity Integration Interpretation Intellectual Integral Interval Internal
1. English Language Learners Definition of Intermission : a short break between the parts of a performance (such as a play, movie, or concert) See the full definition for Intermission in the English Language Learners Dictionary
2. [Middle English intermissioun, from Old French Intermission, from Latin intermissiō, intermissiōn-, from intermissus, past participle of intermittere, to interrupt; see intermit.] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
Intermissioun, Intermission, Intermissi, Intermissus, Intermittere, Interrupt, Intermit
3. A period during which action temporarily ceases; an interval between periods of action or activity: They studied for hours without an Intermission.
4. Intermission is an urban love story about people adrift and their convoluted journeys in the search for some kind of love. When the desperately insecure and emotionally inarticulate John breaks up with Deirdre to 'give her a little test' his plan backfires leaving her broken-hearted and him alone and miserable.
Intermission, Is, In, Insecure, Inarticulate
5. 11 synonyms of Intermission from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 19 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Find another word for Intermission
7. Intermission: a break in continuity
8. Find 39 ways to say Intermission, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. Intermission Podcast 5 days ago Episode 1: UFC 259 Preview, Playing MMA Matchmaker, and the Bellator Grand Prix Mike and Joe Doucet preview UFC 259, play MMA Matchmaker with some of the sport's big players, and attempt to
10. View the online menu of Intermission Deli and other restaurants in Saginaw, Michigan
11. Intermission Deli « Back To Saginaw, MI
12. Intermission Therapies is determined to continue to offer our counseling services to those in need
Intermission, Is, In
13. Intermission follows in the footsteps of many comedies before its time
Intermission, In, Its
14. While Intermissions are there to give audiences a comfort break (and for the theaters to sell food and drink), the placement of it in Hamilton does work in the musical's favor.
Intermissions, It, In
15. What does Intermission mean? The definition of an Intermission is a brief pause during two periods of activity
16. (noun) An example of an Intermission
17. Vacation literally means an Intermission, a period of rest, a break from routine, a time for recreation or a pause from work. You may wish to request a period of Intermission from your course if you become ill and are unable to undertake your course.
Intermission, If, Ill
18. Intermission is a 2003 Irish black comedy crime film directed by John Crowley and written by Mark O'Rowe.The film, set in Dublin, Ireland, contains many interconnected storylines.It was shot in a documentary-like style, with some sections presented as excerpts from television programs that exist within the show (one of the storylines is about a television documentary director).
Intermission, Is, Irish, In, Ireland, Interconnected, It
19. Intermission noun interval, break, pause, stop, rest, suspension, recess, interruption, respite, lull, stoppage, interlude, cessation, let-up (informal), breathing space, entr'acte Drinks were served during the …
Intermission, Interval, Interruption, Interlude, Informal
20. An "Intermission" title card appears after Roosevelt's "day that will live in infamy" speech
Intermission, In, Infamy
21. West Side Story had an Intermission during its premiere, but later lost it for several decades' worth of theatrical and home video re-releases, since director Robert Wise felt it broke the tension.
Intermission, Its, It
22. ‘At the Intermission I asked my mum how she enjoyed it.’ ‘During Intermission, Michael and Ashley visited the backstage area, where the musicians rested until the finale of the concert.’ ‘I only did that with 3 or 4 minutes left to go in the Intermission.’ ‘During the Intermission …
Intermission, It, In
23. Set in a women's restroom, Intermission is a comedic peek behind closed doors into the overly busy lives of women
In, Intermission, Is, Into
24. The Intermission is a smart, moving, and refreshingly candid examination of the way small omissions can lead to enormous rifts in a marriage
Intermission, Is, In
25. Top Reviews of Intermission Deli 4.5 stars - Based on 6 reviews
26. Intermission (n.) early 15c., "fact of intermitting, temporary pause," from Latin Intermissionem (nominative intermissio) "a breaking off, discontinuance, interruption," noun of action from past participle stem of intermittere "to leave off, leave an interval," from inter "between" (see inter-) + mittere "let go, send" (see mission).Meaning "lapse of time between events" is from 1560s
Intermission, Intermitting, Intermissionem, Intermissio, Interruption, Intermittere, Interval, Inter, Is
27. Intermission serves as a worthy souvenir for the thousands of metal fans that caught Dio's bombastic arena shows of the 80's.
28. An Intermission is a short break between two parts of a film, concert, or show.during the Intermission of the musical 'Steppin' Out'
29. [ + of] In American English, you can also use Intermission to refer to a short break between two parts of a game, or say that something happens at, after, or during Intermission.
30. 'Intermission' is the first album ever released by Unsound, comprised of 15 commissioned tracks responding to the pandemic year through sound and music
31. Intermission extensions are approved only in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the faculty
32. You may need to provide one or more of these documents to support your Intermission request:
33. "Intermission" is the thirteenth episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus, and is the final episode of the first series
34. Short Intermission Restaurant Abuse/Cannibalism Advertisements Albatross Come Back to My Place Me Doctor Historical Impersonations Quiz Programme: "Wishes" Probe-Around on Crime Stonehenge/Mr Attila the Hun Psychiatry Operating Theatre
35. Find GIFs with the latest and newest hashtags! Search, discover and share your favorite Intermission GIFs
36. The Intermission is an exhibition program and space in the city of Piraeus initiated by Artemis Baltoyanni in September 2019
Intermission, Is, In, Initiated
37. "Intermission" is a virtuoso act from beginning to end, juggling violence and farce, coincidence and luck, characters with good hearts and others evil to the core
38. 84 reviews of Intermission Spa at La Bella "My boyfriend and I had a Groupon gift from his sister based on a recommendation she got from her son
39. The Intermission is a sports journalism outlet that brings you coverage from a large variety of professional and college sports including the NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, and professional soccer
Intermission, Is, Including
40. Intermission was founded to deliver more viable education resources to more elite athletes globally Intermission’s Marketplace IM is a platform and relationship hub dedicated to career development services, distinctly tailored for elite athletes.
Intermission, Im, Is
41. Delivery & Pickup Options - 41 reviews of Intermission Deli "Good place to pick up a foot long sub for lunch, but they close by 4:00 in the afternoon
42. The Intermission projects were all produced by DMP (2): the 4 person team of Michael Eisele AKA Attack II, Thorsten Adler, Tom Keil AKA Tom Jacques G
43. Synonyms for Intermission in Free Thesaurus
44. 32 synonyms for Intermission: interval, break, pause, stop, rest, suspension, recess
45. Intermission: 1 n a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something Synonyms: break , interruption , pause , suspension Types: show 13 types hide 13 types lapse a break or Intermission in the occurrence of something blackout a suspension of radio or tv broadcasting caesura a pause or interruption (as in a
Intermission, Interval, Is, Interruption, In
46. Intermission, Franklin, Massachusetts
47. Welcome to Intermission, a ground-breaking program that unites body, mind, breath, and music-making through yoga and meditation
48. Intermission is comprised of Sessions for students, Retreats for professionals, and an App for absolutely everyone! Our hope is that through exploring mindful movement, alignment, breath-work, and self-compassion, musicians of all ages and stages can begin to unite
49. Intermission, Pensacola: See 16 unbiased reviews of Intermission, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #253 of 662 restaurants in Pensacola.
intermission (noun) · intermissions (plural noun)
Intermission(noun) the act or the state of intermitting; the state of being neglected or disused; disuse; discontinuance. Intermission(noun) cessation for a time; an intervening period of time; an interval; a temporary pause; as, to labor without intermission; an intermission of ten minutes.
intermission(noun) the act of suspending activity temporarily. Synonyms: suspension, interruption, break, pause. pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension(noun) a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something.
Definition of Intermission a scheduled break of about 10 to 15 minutes in the middle of a play, movie or concert Examples of Intermission in a sentence The woman quickly consumed the candy and drink during the play's intermission because she could not take it back in the theater.
Intermission definition, a short interval between the acts of a play or parts of a public performance, usually a period of approximately 10 or 15 minutes, allowing the performers and audience a rest. See more.