See also: Insists Insistent Insisted Insistence Insister Insistency Insistently Insisting Insistingly Insist Insightful Insipid Insidious Insignificant Insinuate Insinuation Insincere Insigne Insinuated Insighted Insightly Insights Insightfully Insipidly Insignia Insite Insinuating Insider
1. Insist definition, to be emphatic, firm, or resolute on some matter of desire, demand, intention, etc.: He Insists on checking every shipment
Insist, Intention, Insists
2. 1. (with that or on) to state, emphasize, or hold firmly to (an opinion, plan etc). He Insists that I was to blame for the accident; I insisted on driving him home.
3. 1. (with that or on) to state, emphasize, or hold firmly to (an opinion, plan etc). He Insists that I was to blame for the accident; I insisted on driving him home.
4. Present tense third-person singular of insist Synonyms & Antonyms of Insists to state as a fact usually forcefully she continued to insist that she was right, even in the face of …
Insist, Insists, In
5. To say firmly or demand forcefully, especially when others disagree with or oppose what you say: [ + (that) ] Greg still Insists (that) he did nothing wrong
6. Insists (Institute for the Study of Islamic Thought and Civilizations) Alamat: Jalan Kalibata Utara II No
Insists, Institute, Islamic, Ii
7. She Insists on doing everything her own way
8. Definition of Insists in the Definitions.net dictionary
9. What does Insists mean? Information and translations of Insists in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on …
Insists, Information, In
10. By definition a bureaucrat is an official who Insistson a rigid adherence to rules and routine regardless of the needs of the situation
11. So, although Aristotle holds that ethics cannot be reduced to a system of rules, however complex, he Insiststhat some rules are inviolable.
12. Insist definition, to be emphatic, firm, or resolute on some matter of desire, demand, intention, etc.: He Insists on checking every shipment
Insist, Intention, Insists
13. • Tanya Insists on moving in many circles and, above all, on thinking for herself
14. My little boy Insists on taking his favorite toy truck with him every where he goes
15. The Palace Insists Archie Was Denied a Title Because of Royal Protocol and"It's Nothing to Do With Race" Kayleigh Roberts 2 days ago
16. ‘Texaco Insists that it was simply a business move in the light of falling profits.’ ‘Lewisham Council Insists there will be no shortage of secondary school places in September.’ ‘Experiencing a mild hallucination of this sort is a good sign for the biographer, Geoff Insists.’
Insists, It, In, Is
17. Insist that… He Insists that she come
18. Trump Insists 'something bad happened' with Ga
19. Buckingham Palace Insists it DIDN'T smear Meghan after she accused aides of a 'calculated campaign' against her - after ex-staff claim she 'bullied two PAs' and 'drove them out' of …
20. Stepdad Insists On Alone Time, Mom Sets Up Camera
21. Synonyms for Insists in Free Thesaurus
22. Chairman of Alibaba’s Ant Group Insists IPO is still on the cards Published: March 2, 2021 at 4:02 p.m
Insists, Ipo, Is
23. The school Insists that it is doing everything it can to cooperate
Insists, It, Is
24. dict.cc Übersetzungen für 'Insists' im Englisch-Deutsch-Wörterbuch, mit echten Sprachaufnahmen, Illustrationen, Beugungsformen,
Insists, Im, Illustrationen
25. AstraZeneca Insists its COVID-19 vaccine is safe and there is no link to blood clots, as 11 countries suspend its use
Insists, Its, Is
26. The Republican lawmaker Insists there was “nothing racial” about saying he was unafraid of the Capitol-attacking rioters but would’ve been terrified of Black Lives Matter protesters.
27. Ghislaine Maxwell's brother Insists she should be treated as "presumed innocent" despite her connection to Jeffrey Epstein.
28. 2 hours ago · Washington Post analysis Insists there's no migrant 'surge', calls it 'usual seasonal increase' Piece co-authored by ex-Obama official, fellow at left-wing think tank
Insists, It, Increase
29. Despite falling short in his pursuit of becoming a dual UFC champion, Israel Adesanya Insists the possibility of a future fight with Jon Jones isn’t dead
In, Israel, Insists, Isn
30. And EU, Insists Biden drop sanctions first Published Sun, Feb 28 2021 4:54 PM EST Updated Sun, Feb 28 2021 4:55 PM EST Amanda Macias @amanda_m_macias
31. Schumer Insists on Keeping Beachfront Bailouts for Wealthy Americans' Vacation Homes The senate majority leader is stymying long-needed increases in federal flood insurance rates.
Insists, Is, Increases, In, Insurance
32. 57 minutes ago · Eddie Jones’s future as England’s head coach will be decided within the next three weeks but the Rugby Football Union Insists it will not “overreact” after the squad’s most uncomfortable
33. DeSantis bans 'wacko' critical race theory, Insists ‘teaching children to hate their country and to hate each other’ isn’t going to happen on his watch News
1 : to say or show that one believes that something is necessary or very important My source insisted on anonymity. She insists on doing everything her own way. 2 informal : to continue doing (something that other people think is annoying or unimportant) The people sitting next to us insisted on talking during the entire movie. "Insist on/upon."
Synonyms of insist (on) call (for), claim, clamor (for), command, demand, enjoin, exact, press (for), quest, stipulate (for) Words Related to insist (on) ask, plead (for), request, want. cry (for), necessitate, need, require, take, warrant. requisition.
insistence, insisting(noun) continual and persistent demands. Synonyms: imperativeness, insistency, insisting, press, pressure. imperativeness, insistence, insistency, press, pressure(noun) the state of demanding notice or attention. "the insistence of their hunger"; "the press of business matters". Synonyms:
Synonyms for insist upon include provide, stipulate, specify, demand, instruct, postulate, state, determine, impose and require. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com!