See also: Incredulous Incredulously Incredulousness Increase Incredible Increasingly Incredulity Increta Increased Increaseth Incredibly Incrust Incretin Incretion Increation Increasable Increasement Incredibleness Increments Incriminate Incrementally
1. Incredulous synonyms, Incredulous pronunciation, Incredulous translation, English dictionary definition of Incredulous
2. Skeptical; disinclined to believe: I’m Incredulous of his alibi.
3. (often foll by of) not prepared or willing to believe (something); unbelieving Derived forms of Incredulous Incredulously, adverb Incredulousness, noun Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged …
Incredulous, Incredulously, Incredulousness
4. / ɪnˈkredʒ.ə.ləs / not wanting or not able to believe something, and usually showing this: A few Incredulous spectators watched on as Paterson, ranked 23rd in the world, beat the champion.
5. 21 synonyms of Incredulous from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 60 related words, definitions, and antonyms
6. Find another word for Incredulous
7. Incredulous: inclined to doubt or question claims.
8. Incredulous is the opposite of credulous, which means "believing too easily." Both words come from the Latin word credere, which means "to believe." Incredulous is stronger than skeptical; if you're Incredulous of something, you refuse to believe it, but if you're skeptical, you're doubtful but you haven't ruled it out completely.
Incredulous, Is, If, It
9. The definition of Incredulous is feeling that something that is hard to believe
10. An example of Incredulous is someone’s reaction to winning the lottery.
11. Find 24 ways to say Incredulous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
12. Stephan looked at me with an Incredulous stare, which narrowed into a glare
13. The others that he talked to are Incredulous at the thought of a mole because of their excellent anti-espionage program
14. The other was Incredulous, and kept underlining his solution on the blackboard with heavy chalk lines.
15. Incredulous means unwilling or unable to believe
16. So something that is difficult to believe is incredible, and if you have trouble believing something, you are Incredulous. These adjectives were once variants of each other, but they diverged a few centuries ago, and …
Is, Incredible, If, Incredulous
17. Incredulous (comparative more Incredulous, superlative most Incredulous) Skeptical, disbelieving, or unable to believe
18. Skeptical; disbelieving: Incredulous of stories about flying saucers
19. Expressive of disbelief: an Incredulous stare
20. Incredulous describes someone unable to believe something, someone being super skeptical
21. Put your fists on your hips and say "no way!"when you're Incredulous. It comes from the Latin Incredulous, meaning not believing. Incredulous describes people, and their reactions to things they can't believe:
22. Nouns for Incredulous include incredulities, incredulity and Incredulousness
Incredulous, Include, Incredulities, Incredulity, Incredulousness
23. Adjective If someone is Incredulous, they are unable to believe something because it is very surprising or shocking
If, Is, Incredulous, It
24. 'He made you do it?' Her voice was Incredulous.
25. Incredulous, Enlightenment of life through the eyes of all whom can see
26. Definition of Incredulous in the Fine Dictionary
27. Meaning of Incredulous with illustrations and photos
28. Pronunciation of Incredulous and its etymology
29. Related words - Incredulous synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms and hyponyms
30. Example sentences containing Incredulous
31. Unbelievable; cannot accept as true Examples of Incredulous in a sentence The lottery winner was Incredulous and could not believe his good fortune
32. 🔊 Although the firemen put out fires every day, they were still Incredulous about the huge size of the blaze in our neighborhood
33. Unable or unwilling to believe something ‘You sold the car?’ she asked, Incredulous
34. Incredulous look/expression/voice etc She shot him an Incredulous look
35. —Incredulously adverb Examples from the Corpus Incredulous • With a flourish he removed the cover and revealed to the Incredulous eyes of the staff a feast of sausages and bacon.
36. Moshe, Incredulous at seeing that they, having been the last in line, had now somehow
37. Alice and Jo gaped at him, wide mouthed in disbelief, but the Jutes looked Incredulous
38. The love was confounding and beyond overwhelming; it was Incredulous to say the least.
39. Synonyms for Incredulous in Free Thesaurus
40. 14 synonyms for Incredulous: disbelieving, doubting, sceptical, suspicious, doubtful, dubious
41. Definition of Incredulous adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
42. ‘The Incredulous reactions they got from riders were the same as well.’ ‘After a few moments of Incredulous silence, he looked back at the book.’ ‘Not for the first time on this unique voyage I felt Incredulous that I was actually here.’
43. Definition and synonyms of Incredulous from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
44. This is the British English definition of Incredulous.View American English definition of Incredulous.
45. Jamesmobile’s Elastic Scissor Shoes, Elizabeth was Incredulous towards the …
46. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Incredulous yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
47. “P.ZZ..” will find “PUZZLE”.) Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Incredulous” Contribute to Crossword Clues
48. Incredulous definition: If someone is Incredulous , they are unable to believe something because it is very Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
Incredulous, If, Is, It
49. Incredulous-not disposed to believe in, unbelieving-She was the most Incredulous child that I ever met
50. Definition of Incredulous written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
51. Incredulous - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
52. 'You sold the car?' she asked, Incredulous
53. She gave me an Incredulous glance
54. I am wholly Incredulous of the truth of his story
55. A few Incredulous spectators watched as Paterson, ranked 23rd in the world, beat the
56. The only use of Incredulous in THE OUTSIDERS
57. Our page of best sample sentences to demonstrate typical use of Incredulous is also linked from this page.
58. See 3 authoritative translations of Incredulous in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations.
59. I’ve heard the word Incredulous attributed to situations, as in That’s an Incredulous story.The problem is that Incredulous means skeptical or disbelieving, which is a human trait, not something that can be attributed to an inanimate object, a theory, or a situation.I was Incredulous of his story (I was skeptical of his story) is the correct use of Incredulous.
Incredulous, In, Is, Inanimate
60. It's not that Incredulous inaccurately describes the state of mind of such a character; it's that someone in that state of mind is highly unlikely to respond to a sudden shock with so considered a descriptive term
It, Incredulous, Inaccurately, In, Is
61. The public was indignant and Incredulous
62. (Martin Eden, by Jack London) Then he shrugged his shoulders with an Incredulous smile
63. (Rodney Stone, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) Still I did not answer, and still I writhed myself from his grasp: for I was still Incredulous
64. Definition of Incredulous in the Definitions.net dictionary
65. What does Incredulous mean? Information and translations of Incredulous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Incredulous, Information, In
66. Definition of Incredulous adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
67. The chorus of Incredulous laughter incensed the old man
68. And now, most Incredulous of readers, are you answered? The polite Captain seemed Incredulous and as if weary
69. Nestor's eloquence was in her Incredulous echo
70. As a matter of Incredulous fact she was feeling Incredulously at ease.
71. How to say Incredulous in English? Pronunciation of Incredulous with 1 audio pronunciation, 18 synonyms, 1 meaning, 1 antonym, 11 translations, 3 sentences and more for Incredulous.
72. Incredulous definition: not disposed or willing to believe; unbelieving synonyms: unbelievable, sceptical, incredible, distrustful, skeptical, unbelieving
73. Incredulous Ranging from all over the North Bay, Incredulous is a progressive thrash band with old school influences and their own juicy tweest
Incredulous, Is, Influences