See also: Incongruous Incongruousness Incongruously Incorporate Inconsequential Incompetence Incorporated Incoherent Income Incompetent Incontestable Incomprehensible Inconvenience Incongruent Inconstant Inconvenient Inconsiderate Inconsistency Inconceivable Inconspicuous Incongruity Inconsistent Incorrect Incomplete Incognito Incontinent
1. Incongruous is a spin-off of its antonym, congruous, which means "in agreement, harmony, or correspondence." Etymologists are in agreement about the origin of both words; they trace to the Latin verb congruere, which means "to come together" or "to …
Incongruous, Is, Its, In
2. Incongruously or incongruently, adverb Incongruousness or incongruence, noun
Incongruously, Incongruently, Incongruousness, Incongruence
3. Incongruous - lacking in harmony or compatibility or appropriateness; "a plan Incongruous with reason"; "Incongruous behavior"; "a joke that was Incongruous with polite conversation"
4. / ɪnˈkɑːŋ.ɡru.əs / unusual or different from what is around or from what is generally happening: The new computer looked Incongruous in the dark book-filled library
Is, Incongruous, In
5. It seems Incongruous to have a woman …
6. Synonyms & Antonyms of Incongruous. 1 not appropriate for a particular occasion or situation
7. There's an Incongruous modernism to the actor's performance in this period piece.
8. Something that's Incongruous is inconsistent or incompatible with something else
Incongruous, Is, Inconsistent, Incompatible
9. Remember that Sesame Street song "One of these things is not like the other"? They were talking about that one thing being Incongruous.
10. The definition of Incongruous is something that doesn't fit in or that is jarring in relation to its surroundings
Incongruous, Is, In, Its
11. An example of Incongruous is a bright purple couch in an all white room.
Incongruous, Is, In
12. At first sight it seems Incongruous, but it is in fact the only way in which the reckoning of time can be kept correctly
It, Incongruous, Is, In
13. ELLIS Ah, it looked grim and Incongruous in that peaceful English nursery! FOUR DAYS HETTY HEMENWAY
It, Incongruous, In
14. Incongruous (comparative more Incongruous, superlative most Incongruous) Not similar or congruent; not matching or fitting in
15. 20 and 25 are Incongruous with respect to 4.
16. Incongruousness: See: difference , impropriety , incongruity , inconsistency , inequality
Incongruousness, Impropriety, Incongruity, Inconsistency, Inequality
17. In‧con‧gru‧ous /ɪnˈkɒŋɡruəs $ -ˈkɑːŋ-/ adjective strange, unexpected, or unsuitable in a particular situation The new theatre looks utterly Incongruous in its setting
In, Incongruous, Its
18. —Incongruously adverb Examples from the Corpus Incongruous • Four storeys high, square and turreted with pepper-pot towers; romantic, unexpected, Incongruous.
19. The Incongruous couple has absolutely nothing in common with each other
20. 🔊 In many totalitarian governments, Incongruous political beliefs are often stamped out with brute force
21. 🔊 Physicians have an Incongruous attitude regarding the effectiveness of marijuana
22. 🔊 The crooked picture frame is Incongruous with the other perfectly
23. If you haven't solved the crossword clue Incongruous yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g
24. “P.ZZ..” will find “PUZZLE”.) Also look at the related clues for crossword clues with similar answers to “Incongruous” Contribute to Crossword Clues
25. The Incongruous mass of castaways was kept in peace, and at last shipped in peace out of the islands
Incongruous, In, Islands
26. So we spiritualise the material universe, and afterwards, by an Incongruous consistency, anthropomorphise spirit
27. It was in her power for a time to wreathe him with Incongruous objects.
It, In, Incongruous
28. Someone or something that is Incongruous seems strange when considered together with other aspects of a situation
29. This seemed both Incongruous and irritating against a background of severe poverty
30. American English: Incongruous / ɪnˈkɒŋgruəs /
31. Synonyms for Incongruous include inappropriate, unsuitable, absurd, conflicting, contradictory, discordant, unsuited, contrary, extraneous and improper
Incongruous, Include, Inappropriate, Improper
32. Stressed syllable in Incongruous: in-con-gru-ous
33. How to pronounce Incongruous: in-kong-groo-us
34. How to say Incongruous: How to pronounce Incongruous
35. ‘It was an Incongruous mix: York drinkers, tourists and a movie crew, some from London and others from Los Angeles.’ ‘And when drivers queue to allow a family of geese to amble across, it is one of those Incongruous scenes which can only make you smile.’ ‘Such a scenario appears Incongruous, if not abhorrent, to many.’
It, Incongruous, Is, If
36. Incongruous is a synonym of incongruent
Incongruous, Is, Incongruent
37. Incongruent is a related term of Incongruous
Incongruent, Is, Incongruous
38. As adjectives the difference between incongruent and Incongruous is that incongruent is out of place, incompatible, inharmonious, not congruent while Incongruous is not similar or congruent; not matching or fitting in.
Incongruent, Incongruous, Is, Incompatible, Inharmonious, In
39. How to say Incongruous in English? Pronunciation of Incongruous with 2 audio pronunciations, 30 synonyms, 1 antonym, 15 translations, 2 sentences and more for Incongruous.
40. Translation for 'Incongruous' in the free English-Romanian dictionary and many other Romanian translations.
41. Murray recognises the Incongruous alliance of the trite and sombre in his own life he rallied a powerful if Incongruous alliance of hard money and soft money With startling images and Incongruous sounds, avant-garde playwright Robert Wilson experiments with the
Incongruous, In, If, Images
42. Incongruous Meaning: "Incongruous, inconsistent," from in- "not, opposite of, without" (see in- (1)) + congruus "fit,… See definitions of Incongruous.
Incongruous, Inconsistent, In
43. So composite and Incongruous is this body of Nile-goers, young and old, well-dressed and ill-dressed, learned and unlearned, that the new-comer's first impulse is to inquire from what motives so many persons of dissimilar tastes and training can be led to embark upon an expedition which is, to say the least of it, very tedious, very costly, and
Incongruous, Is, Ill, Impulse, Inquire, It
44. Definition of Incongruous adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
45. Incongruous 'Incongruous' is a 11 letter word starting with I and ending with S Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Incongruous We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Incongruous will help you to finish your crossword today
46. Incongruous just means incompatible, or disturbing
47. So two words, for example, in Incongruous juxtaposition would be: cruel kindness
48. Find 51 ways to say Incongruous, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
49. Definition of Incongruous in the Definitions.net dictionary
50. What does Incongruous mean? Information and translations of Incongruous in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Incongruous, Information, In
51. Incongruous - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions
52. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: Incongruous adj adjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, "a tall girl," "an interesting book," "a big house." (inconsistent) incongruente adj mf adjetivo de una sola terminación: Adjetivos de una sola terminación en singular ("amable", "constante") pero que sí
Ingl, Incongruous, Interesting, Inconsistent, Incongruente
53. Someone or something that is Incongruous seems strange when considered together with other aspects of a situation
54. This seemed both Incongruous and irritating against a background of severe poverty
55. American English: Incongruous / ɪnˈkɒŋgruəs /
56. Incongruous - meaning, not keeping in harmony with surroundings, out of place, and inappropriate
Incongruous, In, Inappropriate
57. Translation for 'Incongruous' in the free English-Polish dictionary and many other Polish translations.
58. Incongruous - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
59. Incongruous: inconsistent with something, inconsistent; inharmonious; unsuitable, inappropriate, unsuitable or odd: Translations: 1 – 1 / 1
Incongruous, Inconsistent, Inharmonious, Inappropriate
60. Definition of Incongruous adjective in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary
61. He drew up lists of the most Incongruous things and was unhappy until he succeeded in establishing kinship between them all—kinship between love, poetry, earthquake, fire, rattlesnakes, rainbows, precious gems, monstrosities, sunsets, the roaring of lions, illuminating gas, cannibalism, beauty, murder, lovers, fulcrums, and tobacco.
Incongruous, In, Illuminating
62. Definition of Incongruous written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels.
63. Incongruous, keeping, it's and, in my should rejected "There is no planning policy that states that Alderbrook Road is not allowed to have apartments," he said
Incongruous, It, In, Is
64. 34: [P]erhaps he thought me, with my basket of summer fruit, and my lack of the dignity age confers, an Incongruous figure in such a scene.; Ona was blue-eyed and fair, while Jurgis had great black eyes with beetling brows, and thick black hair that curled in waves about his ears—in short
65. Definition of Incongruous (adjective): strange in particular situation
66. Definition and synonyms of Incongruous from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
67. This is the British English definition of Incongruous.View American English definition of Incongruous.
68. Incongruous translation in English - French Reverso dictionary, see also 'innocuous',incongruity',ingenuous',incoming', examples, definition, conjugation
Incongruous, In, Innocuous, Incongruity, Ingenuous, Incoming
69. Incongruous is conceived as a manifesto against the plague of man.