See also: Improve Improvement Improved Improver Impressive Impractical Impression Imprudent Improper Improbable Impromptu Imprint Imprudence Impressionable Impregnable Imprison Impressed Imprinted Impregnate Improvise Improvised Imprecate Imprecise Improvident Impressionistic Improvisatori Impresario
1. Improve definition is - to enhance in value or quality : make better
Improve, Is, In
2. How to use Improve in a sentence
3. Some common synonyms of Improve are ameliorate, better, and help
4. While all these words mean "to make more acceptable or to bring nearer a standard," Improve and better are general and interchangeable and apply to what can be made better whether it is good or bad
Improve, Interchangeable, It, Is
5. Measures to further Improve the quality of medical care
6. Enhance, better, add to, upgrade, amend, mend, augment, embellish, touch up, ameliorate, polish up He Improved their house
7. Find 83 ways to say Improve, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
8. To (cause something to) get better: He did a lot to Improve conditions for factory workers
9. I thought the best way to Improve my French was to live in France
10. Her health has Improved dramatically since she …
11. When you Improve something, you make it better
12. For example, you can Improve your harmonica playing with practice
13. Getting a tutor will usually Improve your grades.
14. Synonyms for Improve include enhance, embellish, enrich, aggrandize, amplify, boost, lift, ameliorate, better and uplift
15. "Improve is an authoritative, accurate, comprehensive, and easy to access
16. The Crossword Solver found 200 answers to the Improve crossword clue
17. To bring into a more desirable or excellent condition: He took vitamins to Improve his health
18. Improve - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums
19. To aid in the implementation of this legislation, the Improve program was initiated in 1985
In, Implementation, Improve, Initiated
20. Sitemprove is a registered trademark of SiteImprove A/S
21. Improve is an international observational database of outcomes for patients who are hospitalized for an acute medical illness
Improve, Is, International, Illness
22. Improve includes 52 hospitals in 12 countries that enrolled a total of 15,156 patients
Improve, Includes, In
23. SYNONYMY NOTE: Improve, better 1 both imply a correcting or advancing of something that is not in itself necessarily bad, the former by supplying a lack or want [ to Improve a method] and the latter by seeking something more satisfying [ he's left his job to better …
Improve, Imply, Is, In, Itself
24. There's a setting in Windows 10 that manages the page file size automatically, which can help Improve …
25. Improve (up)on (something) To make something better in future attempts or iterations
Improve, In, Iterations
26. The company always Improves upon its previous hardware, making small tweaks and fixes of issues that irked users the last time around.
Improves, Its, Issues, Irked
27. See 8 authoritative translations of Improve in Spanish with example sentences, conjugations and audio pronunciations.
28. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English im‧prove /ɪmˈpruːv/ ●●● S2 W1 verb [ intransitive, transitive] to make something better, or to become better a course for students wishing to Improve their English The doctors say she is improving (=after being ill)
Im, Intransitive, Improve, Is, Improving, Ill
29. To Improve your English, try to practice talking with a fluent English speaker every day if you can
30. Synonyms for Improve in Free Thesaurus
31. 70 synonyms for Improve: enhance, better, add to, upgrade, amend, mend, augment, embellish, touch up
32. "We were able to Improve communication, build trust, become better listeners, problem-solvers, gain confidence, and have fun while doing it! We laughed a lot, learned a lot and, when we walked away, many of us were no longer strangers."
33. To get more information about each tip, use the Tips to Improve PC performance link at the bottom of this topic
34. Playback speed not showing correctly on player menu, in this new version of "Improve YouTube", I use forced 1.5x, and youtube says "normal", even though video plays at 1.5x
35. Antonyms for Improve include impair, deteriorate, ruin, diminish, disImprove, decrease, hinder, recede, reduce and lessen
Improve, Include, Impair
36. Another way to say Improve? Synonyms for Improve (other words and phrases for Improve).
37. Exercises like tongue twisters can help Improve your flexibility
38. Having strong reading abilities can enable you to interpret and find meaning in everything you read, and when you continuously Improve these skills, you can develop your ability to communicate effectively through writing.
Interpret, In, Improve
39. Improvement is the process of a thing moving from one state to a state considered to be better, usually through some action intended to bring about that better state
Improvement, Is, Intended
40. The concept of Improvement is important to governments and businesses, as well as to individuals.
Improvement, Is, Important, Individuals
41. Improve (up)on (something) To make something better in future attempts or iterations
Improve, In, Iterations
42. The company always Improves upon its previous hardware, making small tweaks and fixes of issues that irked users the last time around
Improves, Its, Issues, Irked
43. The only way to Improve on your writing is to just keep writing as much as you can—while also taking on board advice and
44. How to Improve your episodic memory Older adults who have trouble recalling past events often chalk it up to “senior moments,” but the problem is a breakdown in their episodic memory
Improve, It, Is, In
45. Improve definition: to make better synonyms: aid, embellish, palliate, make pure, refine, condition, reform, prettify, ameliorate, alter, regenerate, assuage
46. In Improve-IT, the addition to statin therapy of a nonstatin agent, ezetimibe, which reduces the absorption of cholesterol from the gastrointestinal tract, lowered LDL cholesterol by approximately
In, Improve, It
improve (verb) · improves (third person present) · improved (past tense) · improved (past participle) · improving (present participle)
"improve" is an active form of the verb, "improved" is a passive form of the verb. If the sentence is an active voice construct, it's jarring and ingrammatical to insert a passive form verb. – dwoz Sep 22 '15 at 23:17.
Make Improvement synonyms. Top synonyms for make improvement (other words for make improvement) are improve, polish and amend.
verb (used without object), im·proved, im·prov·ing. to increase in value, excellence, etc.; become better: The military situation is improving. to make improvements, as by revision, addition, or change: None of the younger violinists have been able to improve on his interpretation of that work.
Some words that mean the opposite of improve are: deteriorate, worsen, decrease, diminish, decline, weaken, destroy, harm, injure, lessen, hinder. Since improve can be used in a variety of ways and in different contexts, the choice of antonyms will depend on what you're wanting to say, and the degree of loss or harm.