See also: Impelled Imperative Imperious Impede Impel Impertinent Impetus Impetuous Impediment Impetrate Impervious Imperilment Impending Imperturbable Impeccable Impersonal Impertinence Imperiousness Imperfect Impermeable Imperceptible Impecunious Imperceptive Impeach Impecuniousness
1. Impelled synonyms, Impelled pronunciation, Impelled translation, English dictionary definition of Impelled
2. To urge to action through moral pressure; drive: I was Impelled by events to take a stand.
3. Humans in different places and times have felt Impelled to overcome the limitations of pictures in communicating
4. READING, THAT STRANGE AND UNIQUELY HUMAN THING - ISSUE 94: EVOLVING LYDIA WILSON DECEMBER 23, 2020 NAUTILUS But like the bee, while Impelled by an instinct that makes it search for sugar, it sucks in therewith its solid sustenance.
Issue, Impelled, Instinct, It, In, Its
5. What does Impelled mean? Simple past tense and past participle of impel
6. The Crossword Solver found 141 answers to the Impelled crossword clue
7. Impelled is a crossword puzzle clue
8. Impelled is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted 18 times
9. A person who is Impelled has been persuaded to do something (perhaps based on moral grounds) and does so at least partially of his or her own volition
10. Whereas both “compelled” and “Impelled” mean moving someone or having them do something they might not originally want, the two words differ in how this end is achieved
Impelled, In, Is
11. 20 synonyms of Impelled from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 38 related words, definitions, and antonyms
12. Impelled: to set or keep in motion.
13. / ɪmˈpel / -ll- to make someone feel that they must do something: [ + to infinitive ] She was in such a mess I felt Impelled to (= felt I had to) offer your services
Infinitive, In, Impelled
14. English That was the very reason that Impelled the extremist Christian organization the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) to rebel against these injustices
15. Definition of Impelled in the Definitions.net dictionary
16. What does Impelled mean? Information and translations of Impelled in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
Impelled, Information, In
17. Impelled 'Impelled' is a 8 letter word starting with I and ending with D Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for Impelled We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word Impelled will help you to finish your crossword today.
18. Impelled definition: → See impel Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples
19. The word Impelled is the past form of impel in the first person singular
Impelled, Is, Impel, In
20. (verb) I was Impelled by events to take a stand.
21. The CroswodSolver.com system found 12 answers for Impelled crossword clue
22. Impelled: motivated by an irresistable compulsion
23. AFTER a long interval, I am again Impelled by the restless spirit within me to continue my narration; but I must alter the mode which I have hitherto adopted.
24. Yet, when she rose from the table, an urgent desire to keep him within call Impelled her to pause.
25. An invincible revolt, the anger of a wife buffeted at home, Impelled her forward
26. The pack was being Impelled to the east by a tide-rip, and two huge masses of ice were driving down upon us on converging courses
27. He becomes restless as the ocean, Impelled by …
28. Impelled: 1 adj urged or forced to action through moral pressure “felt Impelled to take a stand against the issue” Synonyms: driven motivated provided with a motive or given incentive for action
Impelled, Issue, Incentive
29. Urged or forced to action through moral pressure Familiarity information: Impelled used as an adjective is very rare.
Information, Impelled, Is
30. A person sleep walking might move as if Impelled by a force beyond their control
31. The drive operates the conveyor noiselessly, and is Impelled by a motor with stepless speed variation that allows an operator to adjust speed ramps and change the direction of travel
32. Impelled definition: urged or forced to action through moral pressure synonyms: motivated, driven antonyms: unmotivated, unintended, voluntary
33. Impelled Meaning in English to Urdu is اکسانا, as written in Urdu and Uksana, as written in Roman Urdu.
Impelled, In, Is
34. Impelled — adjective urged or forced to action through moral pressure (Freq
35. 1) felt Impelled to take a stand against the issue • Syn: ↑driven • Similar to: ↑motivated … Useful english dictionary
36. Impelled — imÂ·pel Éªm pel v
37. Another way to say Impelled? Synonyms for Impelled (other words and phrases for Impelled).
38. Impelled in a sentence Impelled example sentences
39. As the eyes are shut, one is Impelled to
40. She had rushed thither; Impelled by a kind of horror : 27
41. The President's speech Impelled the nation to greater efforts: 2
42. I was so annoyed that I felt Impelled …
43. ‘A brainwave Impelled me to use my all ten fingers to capture the rhythm of the two.’ ‘It Impelled him to record his experience in an autobiographical comic that has swelled to epic proportions over the decades and become his life's work.’ ‘Her hair flopped around as she Impelled …
Impelled, It, In
44. Impel someone to do something: Even though I was angry, something Impelled me to smile
45. Be/feel Impelled to do something: He felt Impelled to point out that they were making a serious mistake.
46. Impelled by feelings of guilt, John wrote to apologize
47. I feel Impelled to express grave doubts about the project
48. He felt Impelled to investigate further
49. I felt Impelled to investigate the matter further
50. ‘A brainwave Impelled me to use my all ten fingers to capture the rhythm of the two.’ ‘It Impelled him to record his experience in an autobiographical comic that has swelled to epic proportions over the decades and become his life's work.’ ‘Her hair flopped around as she Impelled …
Impelled, It, In
51. Antonyms for Impelled include dissuaded, disinclined, discouraged, indisposed, deterred, diverted, put off, let go, put down and cut dead
Impelled, Include, Indisposed
52. Multi-Version Concordance Impelled (7 Occurrences)
53. Mark 1:12 At once the Spirit Impelled Him to go out into the Desert, (WEY NAS)
54. (n.) To be Impelled or driven forward by the action of wind upon sails, as a ship on water; to be Impelled on a body of water by the action of steam or
55. Synonyms for Impelledly in Free Thesaurus
56. What are synonyms for Impelledly?
57. Find below definitions and meanings of Impelled
58. Impel somebody to do something He felt Impelled to investigate further
Impel, Impelled, Investigate
59. She was Impelled by the urgent need to see him again
A person who is impelled has been persuaded to do something (perhaps based on moral grounds) and does so at least partially of his or her own volition. Compel implies that the person being compelled has no choice in the matter and is being coerced.
What is the difference between impelled and compelled? Whereas both “compelled” and “impelled” mean moving someone or having them do something they might not originally want, the two words differ in how this end is achieved. On the one hand, “compel” involves constraining someone or coercing them somehow in order to force them to yield.
impel vs Compel. Impel is very similar in meaning to compel, and often a perfect synonym, though it tends to suggest even more strongly an inner drive to do something and a greater urgency to act, especially for moral reasons. But when impel takes its noun and adjective forms, it changes slightly.
Impel is very similar in meaning to compel, and often a perfect synonym, though it tends to suggest even more strongly an inner drive to do something and a greater urgency to act, especially for moral reasons.